Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Game Industry Faces 'Crisis of Creativity'

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ech_games_dc_1

in this shitty economy i can't afford to buy games like i did 5-10 years ago (about 5 per year). that's why i tend to buy very few games (about 2-3 per year), and stick to the ones i know i like, or ones that get very very good reviews.

however, i haven't heard of too many awesome games that were based on movies (maybe the star wars ones?). which ones are they talking about?

I see the future, and its gonna be cooking games.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Comment

delicious AND awesome? omgz0rz, i just pooped my chute.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
        http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmp...ech_games_dc_1

in this shitty economy i can't afford to buy games like i did 5-10 years ago (about 5 per year). that's why i tend to buy very few games (about 2-3 per year), and stick to the ones i know i like, or ones that get very very good reviews.

however, i haven't heard of too many awesome games that were based on movies (maybe the star wars ones?). which ones are they talking about?
        You may not be able to afford more games because the quality of the games has increased dramtically(thus cost have increased) also im taking an educated guess here but playstation has almost a monopolistic control over console games not like 2-5years ago when nintendo and sega were competing head to head it has nothing to do with the economy, you want a huge corporation to compete with playstation (how is x-box competing- considering they are very new). But the main point would be quality has increased probably more than technology advancement can cover!(obviously unless you lost your job, but you will get one agian soon (but on a whole im talking))
        Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-29-2004, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by THE ENFORCER
          You cant afford more games because the quality of the games has increased dramtically(thus cost have increased) also im taking an educated guess here but playstation has almost a monopolistic control over console games not like 2-5years ago when nintendo and sega were competing head to head it has nothing to do with the economy, you want a huge corporation to compete with playstation (how is x-box competing- considering they are very new). But the main point would be quality has increased probably more than technology advancement can cover!(obviously unless you lost your job, but you will get one agian soon (but on a whole im talking))
          you're telling me why i can't afford videogames. you really take the cake, you stupid fuck. and i know you're just trying to bait me into another gay flame war like you always do, so just stfu, at least until you become my accountant and actually have an idea what's going on with my personal finances.

Comment

you're telling me why i can't afford videogames. you really take the cake, you stupid fuck. and i know you're just trying to bait me into another gay flame war like you always do, so just stfu, at least until you become my accountant and actually have an idea what's going on with my personal finances.
            Im just stating why prices have gone up, i was talking generally! (which i stated in the above post). I have no idea what your personal finances. I just want to prove that you cant blame it on the economy thats all. No need to get defensive about it

Comment

you know nothing about what industry i'm in. you have no idea what my income is, or why i don't have extra discretionary income. you don't even know what i mean by "shitty economy" since it's a subjective term. you have no idea what tax bracket i'm in, or if i'm married or single, or how many dependents i claim. you don't even know if i'm employed or not, or if and when either of those options will change.

you just don't have enough information about me to make any kind of intelligent speculation about if, how, or why the economy does or doesn't play a part in my video game purchases. it's not empirically possible to "prove that (i) cant blame it on the economy".

seriously, leave me alone, and stop picking fights. Gen Disscusion isn't the place for that kind of bullshit.

Comment

you know nothing about what industry i'm in. you have no idea what my income is, or why i don't have extra discretionary income.you have no idea what tax bracket i'm in, or if i'm married or single, or how many dependents i claim. you don't even know if i'm employed or not, or if and when either of those options will change.
                Lol!! i just told you i was talking generally!Just stating why prices for video games have increased! Price has nothing to do with how much money you make or what your marital status is, i mean i dont even know your real name so how could i possibly make any judgement about your personal finances!

you don't even know what i mean by "shitty economy" since it's a subjective term.
                How is a shitty economy a subjective term ive never heard anyone state "shitty ecnomy" in a boom period whenever someone in the general public states that its pretty much during a downswing and especially during a recession!

you just don't have enough information about me to make any kind of intelligent speculation about if, how, or why the economy does or doesn't play a part in my video game purchases. it's not empirically possible to "prove that (i) cant blame it on the economy".
                Its got nothing to do with you, i was talking generally! Why alot of people may feel that video games seem more expensive and im just providing a reason, its not the only reason but its still a very big reason why prices have either increased or stayed the same (where technology increased)

seriously, leave me alone, and stop picking fights. Gen Disscusion isn't the place for that kind of bullshit.
                I was leaving you alone i didnt make any comment about you in my orignal post you just for some reason got so defensive about me stating that the quality of video games have increase
                It seems to me that with your comments like 'you stupid fuck' from post #5 that you were trying to start an argument with me!

Well you can blame it on the economy if you want, but you cant blame it on Bush, which is what i thought you were referring to...

Note: i didnt even know that you started this thread until i actually opened it, so i didnt read it to start an argument with you! It just bothers me when people blame things on the economy/govt thats all anyone could of said it, it just happened to be you thats all. I had no intention of starting an argument if i did i would of been alot more insulting!

I also corrected my previous post to make it less directed at you which for some reason you find insulting
                Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 03-29-2004, 08:57 AM.

Comment

dude, you quoted me, then started your post with the word "you". how is that not referring specifically to me. nevermind. please don't answer. it's moot anyway.

wadi or conc, plz delete this thread or move it to useless crap. it's a total waste of everyone's time. i'm sorry i posted it to begin with.

Comment

dude, you quoted me, then started your post with the word "you". how is that not referring specifically to me. nevermind. please don't answer. it's moot anyway.

wadi or conc, plz delete this thread or move it to useless crap. it's a total waste of everyone's time. i'm sorry i posted it to begin with.
                    Well i corrected the previous post it wast meant to be directed at you im sorry.

Comment

Gamecube needs more games like Double Dash. Shit man, I love getting those blue sparks.
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                        Gamecube needs more games like Double Dash. Shit man, I love getting those blue sparks.
                        mario party 5 is sick.
                        There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Enforcer is my new favorite.
                          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I beat Lord of the Rings:Return of the King for Xbox in like 5 hours...
                            There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodzombie
                              Enforcer is my new favorite.
                              I take it your being sarcastic from your previous comments in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                              X