X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Abortion: Good or Bad?

http://www.solid07.net/forums/index....T&f=3&t=35114&

Pictures are graphic, so beware
    EDIT: i decided to tell you that there are dead babies in that URL, so this thread doesn't go downhill.

Read that thread there and tell us what you think. I've never been supportive of abortion, as when the baby is consummated, they are alive, so therefore abortion is murder and cannot be categorized as anything else. Some people think that fetuses are but flesh within the woman, and cannot have rights until they are birthed. The little story in that thread really makes you think about this ever-conflicting question of whether or not abortion is a good thing. On one hand, babies that are raised in a disfunctional family have a good chance of turning out to have a horrible life financial and emotional wise, so abortion may solve that problem from the start without dealing with it years afterwards. I say, if you're gonna have sex, you will know there is a risk of getting the woman pregnant. To a lesser extent its pure luck, because condoms don't guarantee that you are protected 100% anyways. If you get the woman knocked up, they should step up as parents and not be immature about it, taking responsibility like they should.

Sorry if this is too thoughtful of a thread. I saw the thread in another forum, and it made me think. Hopefully it does the same thing to you.
    Last edited by Kim; 04-06-2004, 07:36 AM.
    ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
    Failure teaches success.

Abortion = good!
    No questions asked
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

jee

Comment

Pics are kinda sick, meh
        ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
        Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Kim
          I say, if you're gonna have sex, you will know there is a risk of getting the woman pregnant. To a lesser extent its pure luck, because condoms don't guarantee that you are protected 100% anyways. If you get the woman knocked up, they should step up as parents and not be immature about it, taking responsibility like they should.
          If only life was that simple, what about under age teens and rape cases?

Comment

Abortion should always be an option, but for a limited period of time after conception only.
            There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Originally posted by Fallen Angel
              Abortion should always be an option, but for a limited period of time after conception only.
              Agreed, unless in specific cases such as a child who is pregnant but wasnt fully informed or realise she was pregnant until after that certain date.

Women tend to have natural instincts to want to keep a baby, so if a woman decides not to have a baby then she must of had some serious thought and realised it wasnt best for herself nor the baby therefore should be allowed to have an abortion as long as it is done under her own will. And if abortion isnt legalised then the woman can resort to physical violence upon herself to get it done which is dangerous.

There are some cases such as the boyfriend/ husband presuring the woman to have an abortion which is dangerous therefore abortion should be dealt with extreme caution and have a procedure in place to stop such scenarios from happening.
              Last edited by THE ENFORCER; 04-06-2004, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Abortion is a good option, and it should always be there.

Comment

Originally posted by Leaf
                  Abortion is a good option, and it should always be there.
                  SI
                  http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                  ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Tricky topic to come to a conclusion on but I'd side with Kim. Once a child is conceived there WILL be a life resulting from it and intentionally ending it anywhere along the way stops that life in it's tracks. Rape / incest / assorted other cases are tricky, but just because there's a grey area doesn't mean you should open the door all the time. My rationale is based on what causes the least harm. Yes, it sucks that you got raped, and yes it'll suck if you're forced to carry a child for 9 months that was a product of that, but it would suck alot more for the person who would otherwise be born. Abrotions for medical reasons, saving the life of the mother, etc make sense in my mind. Otherwise I find it a little more than disturbing that we can even consider ending someone's life before they have a chance to make a go at it themselves, and when they have absolutely no possible way to protect or defend themselves.

Comment

I don't think abortion is a good idea at all, except maybe if it was a person that was under 18 and got raped, because that could ruin the rest of their life. But even that I'm not sure is ok. But I agree with Kim, I think abortion is just horrible (and I haven't clicked that link yet cuz I'm eating).
                      Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                      1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                      1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                      1:Chao <ER>> at all
                      1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                      1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                      Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                      Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

I can go either way on the subject. I think it completely depends on the situation of the parents. If they're capable of supporting the child, then they should conceive it. But if you're 15, and pregnant because you got raped by your uncle, of course you should get an abortion if you want one.
                        TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                        TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                        TelCat> i dont

Comment

Abortion should always be an option to women. Personally I do not think it is right for a woman or any human being to suffer from mental stress, social prejudice (if she is going to be a single mother) and the possibility of losing her job (so she go begging on the street?) for a creature that is not able to survive without another being - not to mention that the mother still has to bring up the child or else that child is going to grow up with neither of his/her biological parents around. Either way sucks.
                          Not that I would ever go for an abortion (unless I am positive that the child is going to be deformed or in any other ways leading an abnormal life), I just do not think it is adjust for me to decide for any other women.
                          Wont die, no surrender 2

Comment

Personally, I don't have any of the religious beliefs that tend to be associated with people that are strongly against abortions, and I truly don't believe 1st trimester abortions are any more like murder than hunting a deer. 2nd and 3rd trimester abortions are another story, I'd have to do a little more research on how developed the fetus is in order to make a judgement on that, but I can be fairly sure that a baby in the first trimester of development can't be all that much smarter than your average animal, and I seriously doubt they even feel pain. Just because it's going to be a human doesn't make it any different than any other animal that's as developed, in my mind.

Basically, if a totally incompetent mother doesn't want to deal with having a kid, I don't think it should be brought into the world. The last thing the world needs is more people with deep-seated emotional problems. Can you guys imagine if TelCat didn't have an abortion if she got pregnant? That kid would be so fucked up, Jesus Christ. TelCat is insane, and clearly way too immature to raise a child.

That being said, I would feel very uncomfortable if someone I got pregnant had an abortion. I would strongly urge her to consider keeping the child, even if only to put him/her up for adoption. I wouldn't like my own child to be aborted, but nonetheless, if a woman wants to do it, I don't see why it's government's (or anybody else's for that matter) right to stop her.
                            5:gen> man
                            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

http://www.iownjoo.com/freeimghost/l...ature copy.gif
                              ^^^ My new sig i wasted 10 minutes of my life making! W00tz for mE! :D:cool:

I am Plasma.

Last edited by abrasion about 150 times because he can't fucking type.

Comment

Working...
                              X