Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the_paul
    replied
    Shocker, the people with red flags are the ones who have mentioned Jessup's name at all thus far. Color me surprised.

Leave a comment:

• Jessup
    replied
    Originally posted by Exalt View Post

That's what makes it so funny. You can be annoying as shit too when you're town and think you caught scum. You're both alike more than you think.

Also, I am also more than willing to move to Sherlock Holmes. If you guys wanna yeet that fucker, let's yeet him.

VOTE: Sherlock Holmes

Also, I'm kinda thinking Jessup is scum this game. She's too quiet. There's no big dick I AM THE TIGER KING energy coming from her. Jessup is legit probably scum.
    I'm not feeling my best the last 24 hours sadly.. been sleeping and have sore throat, head ache , ear ache and chills. Either a wicked hangover or the dreaded Covid. It is D1 too and I'm not innocent child where my duty is to cause a ruckus.. Apologies being somewhat less active so far.. That said I find it odd how players of Exalts caliber are hanging onto easy prey like sherlock holmes posting a simple post just showing an openness to consider a double lynch. Also people literally still focusing on my Day1 post saying "Hi ummm town" like exalt just tried to again umm.. Exalt you way better than this... Town is a prison which isn't your typical town.. hence my silly "Hi umm town" message. Also I think scum was early on a Jessup train to see how that could stick and still peppering me here and there. Red flags for me are Voth, Exalt, and The_Paul right now. Unsure even if I buy the scarlet/Voth feud this game yet too. I do enjoy watching them fight but easily could be a nice distraction by scum early.

Leave a comment:

• the_paul
    replied
    More like LateToThePartyFalcon, amirite?

Anyway, I'm feeling more and more like Exalt is right (Zeebu called it first iirc) that Jessup is not playing her normal game, and is more than likely scum at this point. Maybe that's a stretch, but she is giving up the strongest scum reads to me at this point, that's for sure. I could get behind that wagon if nothing else presents itself

Leave a comment:

• PartyFalcon
    replied
    Originally posted by kthx View Post

Tomorrow at 7pm central,
    Kthx.

Leave a comment:

• PartyFalcon
    replied
    Ummmm to clarify first sentence of my last post is referring to Day 3 of last game—on day 3 of last game we did not vote to kill another member of town (as stated by m_leo in the post I quoted), we killed m_leo’s scum buddy vehicle based partly on N1 investigation results. My point was that as town we often learn things during night phases, it’s not that only a scum kill happens at night.

Leave a comment:

• kthx
    replied
    Originally posted by PartyFalcon View Post
    mcatching up in case it’s still an open question for when exactly phase change should occur.
    Tomorrow at 7pm central,

Leave a comment:

• PartyFalcon
    replied
    Originally posted by m_leonhard View Post

This. People are completely misremembering the shit that actually went down on D1 last time and using that bad memory to argue for some real bullshit.

First, last game people were about to lynch Jessup and probably would have lynched Jessup.... until Jessup was confirmed town in a free flip (i.e. town gained information).

Second, neither Willby or Voth were high on the final vote lists D1. Willby had one vote, Voth had none. YET, these were the TWO people who after N1 were at the top of everyone's list on D2. Why? Because TP saw them visiting Exalt.

Sure, Jessup ended up being right on kthx ....but kthx wasn't even killed D3. No, he was killed N3 by PF because on D3, town voted to kill another member of town.

A double lynch on D1 is a terrible strategy.

And, no scarlet I hadn't changed my vote because I don't want a double lynch D1 (apparently I need to start using /s tags on this forum....)

That said, I see a few people have jumped off Willby since I went to sleep last night...so

Unvote

Vote Scarlet
    Hi im catching up now but just popping in to say that actually last game we did *not* kill another member of town, we killed your scum buddy vehicle—which we knew to do because of sdrawkcab’s N1 investigation result on vehicle.

THIS is why it’s good to wait on killing people; I get the impression scarlet usually plays games with fewer power roles, which maybe partially explains the meta clash of Scarlet’s more vocal targeted dialogue-facilitating method for scum hunting. Last game scum from several different factions worked together to get rid of scarlet because ~think about it with me now~ the only way town wins is if there’s meaningful dialogue.

Apologies if this post is moot by now (ie from stuff in pages 9-13 or whatever is intervening), this was all just so hot in my brain and also i wanted to let y’all know I’m catching up in case it’s still an open question for when exactly phase change should occur.

Leave a comment:

• kthx
    replied
    How embarrassing Exalt, that's the forum equivalent of having to explain a joke you told.

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Fuck I cant edit it

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Jessup View Post
    second! hi ummm town o/
    Click image for larger version

Name:	2ei3hb.jpg
Views:	190
Size:	157.5 KB
ID:	1342602
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Exalt
    replied
    Originally posted by Voth View Post
    And Exalt, fuck you for saying we are two sides to the same coin. This guy is utterly insufferable. Town or scum, he just makes me want to get rid of him. Ugh.
    That's what makes it so funny. You can be annoying as shit too when you're town and think you caught scum. You're both alike more than you think.

Also, I am also more than willing to move to Sherlock Holmes. If you guys wanna yeet that fucker, let's yeet him.

VOTE: Sherlock Holmes

Also, I'm kinda thinking Jessup is scum this game. She's too quiet. There's no big dick I AM THE TIGER KING energy coming from her. Jessup is legit probably scum.

Leave a comment:

• Voth
    replied
    Originally posted by scarlet View Post
    I'd prefer m_leon, but I'll jump to any of a beast/Sherlock/halp lynch, with the proviso that halp's off the hook if he can actually supply instead of posting one line claiming a scumread and then back to nada.
    I agree that Sherlock's behavior is the most explicitly scum-like of those three. I can't reconcile beast's posts with a town agenda though.

I'd prefer a 24hr extension to a longer one. We really don't need an extension if the inactive players would post even one substantial post between now and the end of the day, but I don't know how realistic that is.
    I don't know how realistic that is with the extension either, to be fair.

I've also posted about other things.
    Just because I've fielded a lot of an argument that's low-effort-to-reward ratio doesn't mean I didn't do anything else.
    Again, it's not like the double-lynch saga was a waste of effort.

You're claiming my reads on Willby/Voth/m_leon/the_paul aren't based on anything, but that's bullshit. You can compare the_paul's responses and Voth's responses, even though they more or less held the same position. The_paul was way townier. There's no magic there.

Actually, my complaints about Voth were/are all about his putting words in my mouth, which I've resolved personally to treat as a stylistic issue (i.e. not alignment indicative), which had nothing to do with the double-lynches at all.

You're claiming that my posts distracted you from something, but you haven't done anything but talk about them. I never even asked you to read them; I said something people disagreed with, then they gave me shit for it, then I fired back, then it happened again with another player etc.
    Out of that process I got to see how different people acted during the process.

Both you (Vehicle) and m_leonhard have pivoted to different reasons to try to push me which both fundamentally stemmed out of the same discussion; you're claiming that I'm acting out of line with my town meta and also unproductively, and m_leonhard is claiming that I did nothing but try to force out a (to him suboptimal) scenario with no attempts to discover scum.
    I think you're both wrong.

I think m_leonhard is scummy because I don't think that he could believe his claims. It's really obvious that I never made any actual attempts to getting a double lynch out, besides taking the opportunity to take a free daykill on my #2 lynch target in the case that I was hammered.

I'm less bothered by your new case because I think it's just you not paying attention. I can believe that you believe what you're saying. If you'd read my posts you wouldn't, but I also believe that you probably haven't done that either. I can believe that, anyway.

PPE:

That's bullshit. Paul posted a variety of concerns about the process of getting to the double lynch, you drunkenly hammered on about the results of it.
    There was a not insignificant degree of overlap, which I'm pretty sure I already mentioned.
    There's also the fact that the discussion had pretty much run it's course. I had m_leon (as scum) and several townreads of varying strengths, I didn't need to lean on anything to generate content to look into after page 10
    Read: Paul has the patience of a saint and I don't. Not sure what post I made remotely drunken but that's a cool direction to go I guess.

You're still a jackass.

And Exalt, fuck you for saying we are two sides to the same coin. This guy is utterly insufferable. Town or scum, he just makes me want to get rid of him. Ugh.

Leave a comment:

• WillBy
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast View Post
    willby is a bad shark. didnt you start this zone in like 2014 or something? lol.
    2010 you fuk-fuk idiot.

I will let beasts play speak for itself

Leave a comment:

• scarlet
    replied
    Originally posted by Beast View Post
    willby is a bad shark. didnt you start this zone in like 2014 or something? lol.
    Why'd you even sign up if this is what you were going to post?

Leave a comment:

• kthx
    replied
    I am giving this phase 24 more hours, hopefully some of the inactives will get more involved with the game by then. Final vote count and phase change will be Saturday, June 12th at around 7pm.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X