Donald Trump vs Joe Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kthx View Post
    Polling numbers are near perfect identification for true voting numbers thankfully, as we saw in 2016.

This is the stimulus bill Pelosi sent to the Senate.

300,000,000 for Migrant and Refugee Assistance.

$300,000,000 to the Endowment for the Arts -

$300,000,000 for the Endowment for the Humanities

$30,000,000,000 for the Department of Education stabilization fund/

because that will keep people employed

$200,000,000 to Safe Schools Emergency Response to Violence Program

$300,000,000 to Public Broadcasting / NPR has to be bought by the Dems

$500,000,000 to Museums and Libraries / Who the hell knows how we are going to use it

$720,000,000 to Social Security Admin / but get this only 200,000,000

is to help people. The rest is for admin costs

$25,000,000 for Cleaning supplies for the Capitol Building / it's on page 136

$7,500,000 to the Smithsonian for additional salaries

$35,000,000 to the JFK Center for performing Arts / again?

$25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives

$3,000,000,000 upgrade to the IT department at the VA

$315,000,000 for State Department Diplomatic Programs

$95,000,000 for the Agency of International Development

9,000,000 Misc. Senate Expenses pg 134

$1,000,000,000 Airlines Recycle and Save Program pg 163

$25,000,000 to the FAA for administrative costs pg 165

$492,000,000 to National Railroad Passenger Corporation (Amtrak) pg 167

$526,000,000 Grants to Amtrak to remain available if needed through

2021 pg 168 (what are the odds that doesn't go unused)

Hidden on page 174 the Secretary has 7 days to allocate the funds & notify Congress

$25,000,000,000 for Transit Infrastructure pg 169

$3,000,000 Maritime Administration pg 172

$5,000,000 Salaries and Expensive Office of the Inspector General pg 172

$2,500,000 Public and Indian Housing pg 175

$5,000,000 Community Planning and Development pg 175

$2,500,000 Office of Housing

Did you see this part: $25,000,000 for additional salary for House of Representatives

He said he would sign the standalone 1200 per citizen it's smart not to add all that garbage to it. While we are in a financial crisis why add money for refugee resettlement in the midst of a supposed pandemic. I doubt anyone who reads more than headlines will be upset over this.
    Now do the Skinny Bill that McConnell was trying to pass. Make sure to highlight the part about billions of dollars going to Coal Mining industries and 0 dollars going to American citizens, with no stimulus checks whatsoever. Don't forget to include the liability immunity clause that would have made all businesses completely off the hook for health violations and mismanagement during a deadly pandemic.
    RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

He said he would sign the standalone 1200 per citizen it's smart not to add all that garbage to it. While we are in a financial crisis why add money for refugee resettlement in the midst of a supposed pandemic. I doubt anyone who reads more than headlines will be upset over this.
      He 'said' he would do a lot of things, but he's the president and controls the Senate, and nothing he ever says ever happens. Now he tries to hold people hostage over voting for him, as if the next 4 years will suddenly be better than the hell he caused in the first 4.

The man is going to lose badly and you know it. This is not 2016 anymore. Biden is not Hillary Clinton, Trump is no longer a populist, and the only thing he's managed to do in a full 4 years is to drain the swamp by giving himself and all his people coronavirus.

The polling this time is extremely clear. Places like 538, which had Trump actually winning in 2016, have Biden winning and the Senate being taken over by the Democrats. That's the kind of fallout you only see from a terrible president. It is, what it is.

Edit: My final takeway is this: Trump may have been a fine peacetime president, but he is an awful crisis president. That's what ultimately ruined him imo. His hardcore supporters may be loyal, but that base is only around 30% of the nation, and his overall voting pool from 2016 were full of independents and such from swing states. He no longer has their support.
      Last edited by Exalt; 10-08-2020, 07:38 AM.
      RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

Now do the Skinny Bill that McConnell was trying to pass. Make sure to highlight the part about billions of dollars going to Coal Mining industries and 0 dollars going to American citizens, with no stimulus checks whatsoever. Don't forget to include the liability immunity clause that would have made all businesses completely off the hook for health violations and mismanagement during a deadly pandemic.
        Yeah I agree, hes a piece of shit also. Most of our politicians as we both previously stated don't have the citizens best interests at heart. Joe Biden is worse than Hillary and doesn't have the whole glass ceiling it's her turn third wave feminist garbage.

Attached Files
        Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Nate Silver looks like Izor after that TWLD finals game, learn to place your bet on better horses.

I also expected better from you Exalt, a lazy turnaround "but your guy is bad also" followed by a "you know you are wrong" isn't exactly a glowing review of the team you are backing, it is intellectually lazy to resort to failed prophesyzing, and rather sycophantic.
          Last edited by kthx; 10-08-2020, 07:30 AM.
          Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Nate Silver looks like Izor after that TWLD finals game, learn to place your bet on better horses.

I also expected better from you Exalt, a lazy turnaround "but your guy is bad also" followed by a "you know you are wrong" isn't exactly a glowing review of the team you are backing, it is intellectually lazy to resort to failed prophesyzing, and rather sycophantic.
            I'm not going to give a glowing review of Biden and Harris, because I hate both of them. Why would I do that? I'm not on their side, but I'm also not on Trump's side. I don't have any illusions of grandeur about anything with those two, and I frankly think both Biden and Harris picks were a huge mistake. That said, I think it's time for a change, and Biden is the only choice we are given. At the end of the day, none of us are truly given a choice in the first place. I'm sure not all Republicans wanted to keep running Trump when there are likely better candidates out there, and I'm positive that a vast amount of Democrats wanted someone else than Biden, when there were much better candidates out there. The DNC/RNC are essentially all on the same team anyways. They're a bunch of rich people that go to the same cocktail parties and fly on the same private jets to Epstein Island. They only pretend to be different during election years.

Edit: The tipping point for me was the coronavirus response by the Republicans being so ridiculous, not to mention the cult-like worship of Trump from the less educated. That shit is fucking weird. I also can't stand people like McConnell, and I have no idea how he kept his job for 40 years. Too bad Kentucky is the dumbest state in America. I'm not a hardcore leftist in a lot of ways, as I originally grew up in a generally conservative state, but it's never been a state that follows the national GOP's social platform. It was always been followers of business Republicans, with the Bush, Romney, etc types being who they like. They never gave a single fuck about social issues, and was always a more live-and-let-live type. If someone wants to marry their dog, then go do it as long as it isn't on my lawn. Race, gender, religion, etc, nobody cares. That all changed with Trump, and it isn't a good look.
            Last edited by Exalt; 10-08-2020, 09:35 AM.
            RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Originally posted by Exalt View Post

I'm not going to give a glowing review of Biden and Harris, because I hate both of them. Why would I do that? I'm not on their side, but I'm also not on Trump's side. I don't have any illusions of grandeur about anything with those two, and I frankly think both Biden and Harris picks were a huge mistake. That said, I think it's time for a change, and Biden is the only choice we are given. At the end of the day, none of us are truly given a choice in the first place. I'm sure not all Republicans wanted to keep running Trump when there are likely better candidates out there, and I'm positive that a vast amount of Democrats wanted someone else than Biden, when there were much better candidates out there. The DNC/RNC are essentially all on the same team anyways. They're a bunch of rich people that go to the same cocktail parties and fly on the same private jets to Epstein Island. They only pretend to be different during election years.

Edit: The tipping point for me was the coronavirus response by the Republicans being so ridiculous, not to mention the cult-like worship of Trump from the less educated. That shit is fucking weird. I also can't stand people like McConnell, and I have no idea how he kept his job for 40 years. Too bad Kentucky is the dumbest state in America. I'm not a hardcore leftist in a lot of ways, as I originally grew up in a generally conservative state, but it's never been a state that follows the national GOP's social platform. It was always been followers of business Republicans, with the Bush, Romney, etc types being who they like. They never gave a single fuck about social issues, and was always a more live-and-let-live type. If someone wants to marry their dog, then go do it as long as it isn't on my lawn. Race, gender, religion, etc, nobody cares. That all changed with Trump, and it isn't a good look.
              Come on man you are honestly better than this. Trump acts like a dipshit sure and his cult like followers are much like the left's black and women. That goes back to the whole "my team" issue that is alive on both sides of the aisle. Identity politics wasn't brought on by Trump, the repeal of the smith-mundt act is what allowed government funded propaganda journalism. Again you are misattributing issues on our current leadership that was an issue that was caused by bipartisan dipshittery. I honestly see Trump as a businessman through and through and believe he tries to put the best person for the job in power so that he makes the most money. I'm sure hes s ruthless asshole who only sees people as tools to get what he wants but so be it. It's honestly not nearly as bad as when I see black Republicans being called Uncle Tom's or being told they aren't real blacks because they chose to shed the slave mentality.

I know you are smart enough to not start preaching the mantra of the ignorant and spouting largely incorrect talking points, and you should know they would be rather ineffectual here.

https://www.advocate.com/election/20...-gays-mexicans
              Last edited by kthx; 10-08-2020, 10:05 AM.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

As for the coronavirus response. The virus is more contagious but is about on par with myriad other viruses in the past. We are at around 200000 deaths (supposedly) from the virus which is around the same death rate as h1n1 and other viruses that weren't pushed as hard under previous administrations. If you don't think any part of it is overblown to purposefully stall an economy that was doing well in an election year while pressuring Trump with accusations of not doing enough than you really should do more research. Furthermore many of the deaths for Coronavirus are from already sick people who have compromised immune systems or the elderly. Look at numbers for other illnesses, they are all sharply declining as coronavirus is being pushed as cause of death.
                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

As for the coronavirus response. The virus is more contagious but is about on par with myriad other viruses in the past. We are at around 200000 deaths (supposedly) from the virus which is around the same death rate as h1n1 and other viruses that weren't pushed as hard under previous administrations. If you don't think any part of it is overblown to purposefully stall an economy that was doing well in an election year while pressuring Trump with accusations of not doing enough than you really should do more research. Furthermore many of the deaths for Coronavirus are from already sick people who have compromised immune systems or the elderly. Look at numbers for other illnesses, they are all sharply declining as coronavirus is being pushed as cause of death.
                  h1n1 was around for roughly a year in the United States and killed ~12500 people total here. Covid has been around for, what, 7/8 months? And we're above 200,000 deaths. Looking at the expected number of deaths annually and comparing it to this year, that 200,000 number is mostly universally recognized as being low, but the exact number can't be proven after the fact. We're hardly any better off today COVID wise than we were in March. That is the most inexcusable part to me. That, and this dipshit going on TV after spending 4 days in a prestigious hospital where he has his own wing and own private TEAM of doctors who gave him access to treatments that aren't even available to the public, and he has the audacity to say treat it like the flu and it's not that big a deal. There isn't really any excuse for next to no progress for the better part of a year, and going out of you way to undermine the public health officials for essentially no reason. Biden/Harris is one of the more underwhelming ticket choices the Democrats could have made, but they seem like prize horses compared to the alternative at this point.
                  JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                  the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Come on man you are honestly better than this. Trump acts like a dipshit sure and his cult like followers are much like the left's black and women. That goes back to the whole "my team" issue that is alive on both sides of the aisle. Identity politics wasn't brought on by Trump, the repeal of the smith-mundt act is what allowed government funded propaganda journalism. Again you are misattributing issues on our current leadership that was an issue that was caused by bipartisan dipshittery. I honestly see Trump as a businessman through and through and believe he tries to put the best person for the job in power so that he makes the most money. I'm sure hes s ruthless asshole who only sees people as tools to get what he wants but so be it. It's honestly not nearly as bad as when I see black Republicans being called Uncle Tom's or being told they aren't real blacks because they chose to shed the slave mentality.

I know you are smart enough to not start preaching the mantra of the ignorant and spouting largely incorrect talking points, and you should know they would be rather ineffectual here.

https://www.advocate.com/election/20...-gays-mexicans
                    I respect your opinions man, but I don't really agree with you on more than a few points.

1. Black slave mentality - Trump supports police brutality and killings against black men and women. Anyone with common sense could probably tell that police need some kind of reform to fix their constant fuckups, but Trump offers no solution. He simply doubles down on things when they're so obviously wrong. Do you think that goes unnoticed? Also, let's not pretend the southern states that championed Jim Crow and don't want to get rid of confederate memorabilia are out to help black people in any way/shape/form. It's ignorant to pretend these states care about black people whatsoever. Many are far more about suppressing them than anything else. Republicans control the south, so even conservative black men/women vote against them simply because they'd be idiots to vote for a party that champions violence and suppression against them. The Republican Southern Strategy set that firmly into place forever. The only way that ever changes is if the Republican party changes, and while they were definitely discussing it pre-Trump in 2016, they nosedived in the opposite direction due to him. They'll never again be able to reverse the collateral damage he caused. I get that Texas is a very different animal entirely from the other southern states, but you probably get my point here.

2. Whenever I go on social media of any kind (always a mistake), every Trump supporter imaginable makes sure to write TRUMP 2020 at the end of every sentence. These people also claim he's the best president in American history, they love him (who the fuck loves politicians???), and they are willing to die for him. That shit is not normal man. That isn't anywhere close to the same as black people voting Democrats on principle. Biden only won the nomination due to old Black men/women voting for him in South Carolina, because they're really just old conservatives at heart. They'd probably have voted Republican if the Southern Strategy didn't exist. Trump voters are literally insane at this point. It's a cult of personality that I can only compare to the likes of Stalin and Hitler. Shit is just freaky. These people would give up the entire American experiment and go all-in on a Trump dictatorship if he declared it. Anyone can deal with 4 or 8 years of a shitty politician they dislike, but I'll be damned if I have to possibly deal with a lifetime of one. Trump and Pence refusing to willingly push for a peaceful transfer of power if they lose is not cool with me.

3. Trump does think like a businessman, and the problem with that is America isn't a business. You can't lay off workers whenever you see fit. You can't just fire everyone who disagrees with you. Trump threatens to hold aid from any state that doesn't vote for him during a generational crisis. Do you think only Democrats live in Democrat states? What about his supporters in heavily blue states? California alone has millions of them, and yet, he treated them like trash along with the Democrats, because he only knows how to think like a cutthroat businessman from the 90's. I think the 'businessman' experiment has ended badly, all things considered. A president has to lead the entire nation, not just his people.

4. The virus thing has proven to be deadly and contagious enough that everyone should be able to admit Trump was wrong. He knew it was wrong too, and he intentionally downplayed it. He literally admitted it. While the rest of the world locked up and did things properly (and so have far fewer cases and are recovering better economically), Trump and his cronies decided to pretend masks don't work, the virus was a hoax, and everything would just be fine as soon as summer hit. The man was so dumb he even talked about possibly injecting disinfectant or using light therapy. While I agree that his cult-like followers shouldn't be held up as the average American, I cannot see any past president in our lifetime ever saying something as dumb as that. There are many cases of people literally injecting or drinking bleach over that shit. I mean what the fuck? Then you have the entire white house and republican party it seems like getting coronavirus now, and even still, you have sleazebags like Rudy Giuliani coughing up a storm while giving an interview on Fox about how masks are bad. I mean holy fucking shit, the Republican party turned into morons to please the stupid people in America. How can anyone defend that?

5. A generational crisis hit, and the Republican party did next to nothing to help middle-class America. They fought it tooth and nail. It shows they don't care about workers or the average American, which we all knew anyways, but it's never been this blatant. I'm under no delusion that the Democrat party cares either, but at least they pretend. The difference is open contempt vs simply getting scraps and being told we're good little dogs. I just don't see how anyone can defend open contempt.

EDIT: This is what I mean by how stupid these people have gotten. Holy shit:

https://news.yahoo.com/feds-charge-s...RIXGyhVG7b2F2c

LANSING, Mich. — The federal government has charged six people with conspiring to kidnap Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, according to newly unsealed court records.

The FBI became aware early in 2020, through social media, that a militia group was "discussing the violent overthrow of certain government and law enforcement components," and "agreed to take violent action," according to a sworn affidavit.

Members of the group, who were in the Kent County, Michigan, area, talked about "murdering ... tyrants" or "taking" a sitting governor, according to the affidavit.

The group met for field exercises and training this year, and one meeting on June 20 in Grand Rapids, Michigan, was monitored by the FBI, the affidavit alleges.
                    Last edited by Exalt; 10-08-2020, 12:58 PM.
                    RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

I approve of Exalts message on this topic. Trump has become so bad now that defending him is literally impossible.
                      TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Also keep in mind we're at 200,000 covid deaths WITH the piss-poor actions we took to minimize the danger. The false analogies to other viruses drive me crazy.

I was getting all ready to write a long post about how wrong kthx is on his points but Exalt did it for me.

Basically it boils down to:
                        Trump openly admits to lying to the American people and it resulted in deaths and his supporters don't care
                        His supporters are practically a cult (I don't remember Obama flags and Obama hats etc. etc.)
                        The economy hadn't even been doing that great before Covid (the stock market is not the economy)
                        Trump is constantly dog-whistling white supremacy ("stand back and stand by" is not denouncing white nationalism, if anything it's supporting it)
                        He's not a good business man. Go look at this tax returns, or the three bankruptcies. Everything he touches turns to debt.
                        His attacks on the media and democratic institutions have done untold harm for generations to come

I'm sure I've got more but those are the first ones that pop into my head. The man is self-obsessed and surrounded by yes-men. Nothing good can come from four more years of this.
                        Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                        Message has been sent to online moderators
                        2:BLeeN> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>no
                        2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                        2:BLeeN> ok then no
                        :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                        (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c...ekly/index.htm

This shows that a majority of deaths are from sick And unhealthy people, or complications from having covid as well as another respiratory illness.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019..._1590280385631

Talks about extremely high rate of faulty testing and also false positives from antibody tests if you have had a coronavirus previously.

-----

1. Two things to say about this. Black people commit more crimes and are therefore treated more harshly by cops because they deal with it every day. And I'm surprised you would be for tearing down Confederate monuments as you seem fairly interested in history itself. Isn't the point of preserving history to remind people of the mistakes of the past? The civil war happened, slavery happened ( to every race ), segregation happened. It should be a constant reminder that we fought our own countrymen for them.

2. I have no social media, no Twitter facebook etc but even before the election the people on there weren't the brightest. get rid of that garbage and you will be much better ofg.

3. I think we are past the time of partisan presidents, the two team mentality pushed by media has destroyed any chance of there ever being another JFK. I think we both agreed on that point during our other nihilism based posts.

4. see top

5. I agree with you there, there has been an absolute failure from Republicans to help their voting base.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

And I'm surprised you would be for tearing down Confederate monuments as you seem fairly interested in history itself. Isn't the point of preserving history to remind people of the mistakes of the past? The civil war happened, slavery happened ( to every race ), segregation happened. It should be a constant reminder that we fought our own countrymen for them.
                            So most of the people dying were unhealthy, does that make their lives less valuable? We're bordering on eugenics here.

I'm not even going to address your backwards view of policing and who commits crimes.

And I love the whitewashing you're doing for Confederate monuments the vast majority of which were put up during the Jim Crow era and beyond as a way to quietly signal to black people that they still did not have equal place in society. For someone giving history lessons, I'd think you'd know yours.
                            Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                            Message has been sent to online moderators
                            2:BLeeN> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>no
                            2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                            2:BLeeN> ok then no
                            :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                            (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

So most of the people dying were unhealthy, does that make their lives less valuable? We're bordering on eugenics here.

I'm not even going to address your backwards view of policing and who commits crimes.

And I love the whitewashing you're doing for Confederate monuments the vast majority of which were put up during the Jim Crow era and beyond as a way to quietly signal to black people that they still did not have equal place in society. For someone giving history lessons, I'd think you'd know yours.
                              Your opinion on monuments doesn't mean anything first off, all civil war soldiers including the confederates were granted full US citizenship posthumously and said monuments deserve to stay where they are. Your revisionist history cult is sickening, terrible things happened and it's better to have a constant reminder of such. Not to mention. Slavery being only one small issue among many for the civil war, many of those men died not to keep slaves but to protect their states sovereign rights and ability to make a living.

https://ucr.fbi.gov/crime-in-the-u.s...ables/table-21 pretty self explanatory, you literally shaking over racism doesn't change the actual facts involved unfortunately for you.

In some cases yes in some no. If someone with diabetes because they cant put down a fork dies due to complications from covid I see that as a win for humanity and the genetic pool. I don't think you know what eugenics actually means if you want to use it in that sense. We aren't breeding the best traits of humanity over a century we are talking about people who made poor choices dying. This is just Darwinism coming true. For the others sure it is a loss, and they deserve our sympathy but people die all the time for numerous reasons. Try looking on the bright side since I assume you believe in global warming. Think how much less pollution there will be now. Or if you prefer a more silver lining type thing their losses will help ensure the survival of humanity by becoming specimens to study which might provide us essential information about the virus. And those who survived and have children will pass down some form of resistance for future generations. Scientific research has largely come from the suffering of someone.
                              Last edited by kthx; 10-09-2020, 12:24 PM.
                              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Basically life should be a struggle or entropy kicks in, our civilization is at it's best when things are harder.
                                Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Working...
                                X