[Mafia]The Chopping Block

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by LF View Post
    Who wants to know how I knew about the busdriver?

Also.... If theres interested I'll host another almost immediately
    Yes and please, you assholes got the policy lynch out of the way. Happy fuckheads? Not again, until I pull some Revenge of the Voth shit again.
    7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
    Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
    TWLJ Champion Season 11
    TWLB All-Star Season 10
    Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

• Sigh lol ....seriously ......the odds, the write up flavor, the mark vote, the day 1, 1 shot use by exalt and beast as individual plays.. wtf . lol sigh,, what a total fail.. can't believe I was wrong. I feel like my pocket aces were just beat by pocket dueces. The perfect storm hit it feels like. looooooooooool.

Ok Voth . I'm still one town destroyer game behind you though but we are close to even in those regards.

I'm still frikking blown away by this. To add insult to injury Orange as scum laid out why and how I was being a town destroyer totally out in the open while being scum at the same time. Unreal but great game to scum team. At least I helped Voth swing .

Apologies to exalt and beast rofl.

If town had allowed an exalt death reveal instead of that silly mark vote though I can't help but think we would have won. I just had to know if my slim odds theory I was so stuck on the entire game was right or wrong so I became fixated. Being a vanilla townie it was all I really had in my head to go off of besides beasts LF is innocent claim and exalts protests who I was being totally dismissive of. I was second guessing myself this whole time too as something didn't feel right but couldn't allow myself to deviate.

GG everyone. I feel like a total ass rofl.

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
      TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
      TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
      TSLD CHAMPION 2018
      TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Ok some post game analysis:

Obviously this game was themed about people living in an HOA. The mafia consisted of people who didn't like the HOA or wanted to take it over, while the town was all the people just casually living. This let me have some fun, like people being "voted" out of office, the D1 Caddyshack phase change, and good opportunities to do a few of my favorite setup choices.

The role list is as follows:
        Mafia goon
        Mafia 1 shot roleblocker
        Mafia 1 shot busdriver
        1 shot cop
        1 shot tracker
        1 shot watcher
        1 shot doctor
        Townie
        Townie
        Townie
        Townie
        Worst case scenario for mafia the game would end in 3 days (3 lynches), and worst for town was an end in 3 days (3 mislynches, 2 night kills).
        I really enjoy giving town a lot of investigative roles, as it forces information into the game. However, things went almost as poorly as they could- Illwei was killed N1, and wasnt able to use his powers. Exalt and Beast both chose to investigate LF (vanilla townie) on N1. This meant the only power role town had left was 1-shot doctor Squirtle, who unfortunately was targeted the next opportunity. So town wasn't able to use any of their 1-shots, except for Beast/LF verifying a VT.
        To balance an investigation heavy town, I gave mafia a busdriver (one of my favorite roles) and a roleblocker. While these are extremely powerful, they were limited in scope as the busdriver, at best, interferes with the watcher and tracker. The roleblocker was there to give them a chance and block any follow-the-cop situations should they arrive. Of course, Voth (busdriver) died before he could use the power, and the_paul (roleblocker) blocked, you guessed it, LF.
        While there was some utility provided, most power roles ended up useless.

Mafia's biggest advantage proved to be disunity from the town. At no point did the mafia even have to try to manipulate votes, as typically both leading candidates for lynches were town.

There are a few specific plays I'd like to call out:

Beast changed his roleclaim, likely to attract attention. I won't say that was a good choice, but lynching him was either.
        Originally posted by Vehicle View Post

Unvote Exalt
        Vote Beast

This post reeks of bullshit to me. Beast is now claiming watcher with a 1-shot kill. The only reason he's doing this is because he misread one of Exalts posts where Exalt said he had a 1-shot skill. Beast is full of shit.

I believe Exalt tracked LF. We have a dead watcher. The odds that Beast is also someone with a tracking/watching/humping ability who can also kill someone in a 10-player game seem very small to me. The watcher/tracker distinction isn't lost on me, my point is that our "neighborhood watch" likely has a handful of 1-shot investigative roles. That's my hunch.

LF isn't off the hook yet either. The simplest explanation for his D1 "bus driver" post is that he's scum. If I didn't have such a strong read on Beast I would be voting LF.
        As I pointed out last game, town!Beast makes stupid claims to attract attention, scum!Beast is more careful.
        Originally posted by WillBy View Post

Agreed regarding the fake claim, but I actually town-read that specifically on beast. He does this shit as town, but is too worried to die as mafia.

Vehicle looks at the roster:
        Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
        Exalt You voted Mark, however this is the roll call of all the names who voted mark:

Focus is resumed as the meeting is called to order. Their faces (or what's left of it, in Arthur's case) appear in my mind as Deb reads off their names.

"Brian. Arthur. Maria. Rita."

That means your name is either Brian, Arthur, Maria or Rita.

Explain to me why you're lying about your in-house name? Doesn't make you look very townie to me.

-----

If you had listened to me three games ago Voth wouldn't of won (looking at you backwards). If you had listened to me the game I was psychic, town would of won. Your play may never be to listen to me, but I've had more correct calls this game than you and more correct calls in recent past. So I would suggest you find a nice long broom stick, sit on it, and spin.
        I never advocate reading into the flavor text, as it leads you astray like it did Vehicle here. He later corrected himself, as those 4 names are the people who'd died so far. That being said, Jessup and Vehicle did correctly identify Jonah as scum. However, it is way easier to fake-claim a name rather than a role. So that ended up being a non-starter.

Generally, OB5 did great at gaining trust and being a town-read from the people who would normally drive the game like Exalt. Had Exalt been more active/free-er to pressure, we might've seen some classic Exalt scumbaiting but instead there was too much infighting. The only strong move Town had the entire game was RVS lynch on Voth. This opened the game up, but there was way too much reliance on who-voted-who rather than figuring out why votes were made the way they were. Paul particularly played this well, as he typically was posting right before phase changes, but never had to make a last minute switch. Most notably, TP promised to lift his vote off Mark on D3, but never did, leading to his lynch. Full credit to OB5 as well, they flew under the radar, avoided any association, and limited risk.

Vote Count:
        Voth - 3 (Jessup, Squirtle, Vehicle)
        LF - 1 (Markmrw)
        Illwei - 1 (OB5)
        MarkyMark - 1 (LF)
        The_paul - 1 (Illwei)
        beast - 1 (the_paul)

Missing votes: Beast & Exalt
        Vote Count:
        Beast - 4 (The_Paul, Vehicle, Jessup, LF)
        Jessup - 3 (OB5, Beast, Exalt)
        The_Paul - 1 (Markmrw)
        Exalt - 1 (Squirtle17)
        Vote Count:
        Markmrw - 4 (The_Paul, OrangeAndBlack5, Exalt, LF)
        Exalt - 3 (Vehicle, Markmrw, Jessup)
        The D3 move from mafia was aided by LF's not-fake-claim. He led a gambit, which successfully drew a mafia roleblock, but led to a mislynch that all-but lost the game. Some casual afking let TP and OB5 get away with stacking their votes, and led to greater in-fighting from the town. This lynch in particular marked defeat for town, as Exalt would never forgive Vehicle/Jessup, Vehicle got caught up in names, Jessup was stuck on Exalt. Despite one of the most conversational final pages, nobody changed votes the entire phase. Mafia was never suspected.

That's all I have for now, I might post more tomorrow if I think of anything. If anyone has particular questions, I'll be happy to answer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jessup View Post
          What is the reason for voting Mark again? D1 vote on LF?

Unless we have something better than that ..Exalt is the play or T_P or orange.

We cant fuck around this vote either ...to stay on track we need a scum kill today.
          lol .. if only i didn't obsess on exalt, beast, LF shit
          TSLD CHAMPION 2018
          TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Yeah it happens

We've all had abysmal tunnels that were just completely wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by WillBy View Post

The D3 move from mafia was aided by LF's not-fake-claim. He led a gambit, which successfully drew a mafia roleblock, but led to a mislynch that all-but lost the game.
              Well at least part of my plan worked. I tricked Paul and learned some of his tells in the process. I regret bandwagoning Mark obviously, if he had made more of an effort to defend himself, Orange was next on my scum list at the time. I like to think I can be persuasive if I had wanted to switch to him.

As for my Bus Driver prediction, it really was as simple as thinking that Wilbur would have a dark enough sense of humor to make a bus driver since the last game I played I was convincingly tossed under one. The fact that Voth ended up being that driver this time was just irony. I was REALLY hoping Jessup was mafia and voted him off the island just so I could have a good laugh. Part of me is happy with the accuracy of my predictions, but I think ultimately it lead to 2 townies wasting their 1-shot actions on me.

Expect a new signup sheet to be posted momentarily. I havent decided on a theme or anything yet, its pending how many enlist. gg wilbur ty
              1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
              Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                I heard from the grapevine that the_paul and ob5 were the scum team.

So basically, the_paul, you really need to stop with the "I only play at work" tell.

If exalt hadn't been so absolutely convinced that me/Jessup were scum this very easily could of gone the right way.

Good game to everyone who played. No real stand-out performances for me except for me the_paul who did largely avoid suspicion even at the end when he had to actually engage with the game.
                If you two didn't vote for EVERY SINGLE CLAIMED TOWNIE in the game over and over and over each night, I'd not be utterly convinced you were scum. I figured Paul probably was too, but again, perhaps if you two decided to try to find scum instead of finding townies to lynch, you'd win a game as town once in a while.
                RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Anyway, good writeup WillBy and thanks for hosting.

I honestly forgot about this game multiple times due to real life getting in the way, so I didn't have a lot of time to play. I think if I had taken more time to think the game through, I might have made different choices. I know i'd have unvoted Mark, since I never really suspected him and only had him as a placeholder vote at the time due to LF's fake-hint on him. I didn't even see that LF recanted that claim until after the phase had ended.. Then again, I'd probably have moved to Vehicle or Jessup again. I figured Paul was scum when he was still alive by the final day, but I couldn't gamble accusing OB5 when Jessup and Vehicle were lockvoting me the entire game for no reason whatsoever besides apparently flavor text, which is... not great.

Anyway, GG scum team. You guys played well.
                  RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                  RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

• Thanks for the host. I was definitely way too focused on Exalt but it's hard to have faith in the guy who is only willing to vote the two people I was most sure were town, myself and Jessup.

I should of voted ob5 to start the phase and hoped to get the wagon there. I had my suspicions of Paul too, I just felt exalts diatribes against jessup and I screamed scum. I misread, they screamed autistic frustration.

Good game ob5 you played well. Good game scum team overall. I would of liked it Paul took an active role rather than the standard "I'm scum so I show up to vote late the first two days and do nothing else," but it is an effective strategy.
                    Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                    Message has been sent to online moderators
                    2:BLeeN> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>no
                    2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                    2:BLeeN> ok then no
                    :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                    (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

• Yeah we were afraid that a wagon on one of us would have been game-losing - we were hoping to have Paul vote Exalt first, and if a wagon started on me instead our backup plan was to have Paul claim One-Shot Vigilante that had shot Exalt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                        Thanks for the host. I was definitely way too focused on Exalt but it's hard to have faith in the guy who is only willing to vote the two people I was most sure were town, myself and Jessup.

I should of voted ob5 to start the phase and hoped to get the wagon there. I had my suspicions of Paul too, I just felt exalts diatribes against jessup and I screamed scum. I misread, they screamed autistic frustration.

Good game ob5 you played well. Good game scum team overall. I would of liked it Paul took an active role rather than the standard "I'm scum so I show up to vote late the first two days and do nothing else," but it is an effective strategy.
                        I don't know how many times I said that there needed to be more activity from town to force people to post. I wasn't just going to post to myself over and over and give someone a reason to lynch me because they didn't like my thought process. Even when there finally was activity, a lot of it came from OB5. It got to the point in scum chat OB5 told me his goal the final day phase was just to have the wagon he was on get lynched instead of the one I was on. I was around during the hours I'm active, there just wasn't anything going on I needed to respond to.
                        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

• Damn. Good Game Mafia.

Crazy we lost despite getting so lucky with our day 1 lynch. Also thanks Willby for the entertaining writeups and for hosting. :P
                          pokebong> you never had a bad round b4?

~

1:Steadman> u turned that game and ur a god of subspace

Comment

• squirtle17 gg squirtle It's cool you are playing. New game signups it appears too!
                            Markmrw you too mark gg. This was a tough game for town as we lost u guys .
                            TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                            TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

• Ok you stupid fucks. Why would I actively just give away both parts of my role in one sentence? I claimed cop, and it wasn't until AFTER exalt claimed one shot, that I then too claimed one shot, because I TOO was one shot.... normally you wouldn't want to be the first person to give away both your powers of your role unless you were under pressure from lynch. Vehicle, and Jessup really fucked up. Exalt revealing both parts of his role all but confirmed that he was town to me.
                              2018 TWDT Champion 2019 TWLD Final 4 2019 TWDTJ Semi finalist 2019 2x TWDTD Finalist 2020 TW Forum Mafia Game champion

Comment

• Originally posted by Beast View Post
                                Ok you stupid fucks. Why would I actively just give away both parts of my role in one sentence? I claimed cop, and it wasn't until AFTER exalt claimed one shot, that I then too claimed one shot, because I TOO was one shot.... normally you wouldn't want to be the first person to give away both your powers of your role unless you were under pressure from lynch. Vehicle, and Jessup really fucked up. Exalt revealing both parts of his role all but confirmed that he was town to me.
                                Yeah, I kinda saw what you were going for. People just bit HARD on the one thing, completely ignoring the potential consequences of your original claim. That's usually when someone steps in and says "well let's lynch this person instead, this will make it clear". Oh well, why would someone want a confirmed townie. Feel like you and LF made plays, but tripped hard.

Comment

Working...
                                X