Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Mafia]The Chopping Block

Hello and welcome to TW Mafia: The Chopping Block

Mafia is a game of social deduction that has been played on the Trench Wars forums for many years. New or old, this game is accessible to all, provided an average skill at deduction and just the right amount of mistrust between friends. The game pits an informed minority (the mafia) against an uninformed majority (the town) for control over the game. We alternate between day and night phases. Each day phase, everyone gets together and chooses someone to be removed from the game (aka lynched). At night, the mafia secretly chooses someone to remove (nightkill). There are many other roles and mechanics involved, but that's all you need to know to get started.

The setting of the game will be further explained in the opening post.

Disclaimer(s):
    The roles I have chosen might be tweaked slightly and/or X-Shot (limited usage ability).
    I've also been known to create some of the roles myself...

Rules:
    1) Actions occur in this order: Target modifiers (Busdriver, hider, commuter, nexus) -> Strongman -> Action modifiers (roleblock, protection) -> Killing roles -> Miscellaneous (treestump, recruitment) -> Investigative roles
    Target Modifiers, however, can be roleblocked.
    2) All votes must be BOLDED. Unvotes are not necessary but are allowed
    3) You may not abstain from voting, except for the first day, as necessary.
    4) There are NO double lynches. In the event of a vote tie, neither part will be lynched and we will proceed to night phase
    5) Please keep conversation limited to game-related topics. It's really cool to see a game go into hundreds of pages, but it's a bit of a turn-off for new players and those who can only spare a few minutes for reading.
    6) Phases will last however long I see fit. I expect votes every day and night-actions at night. Please don't keep everyone else waiting. Ideally, day phases will last under 48 hours, and night phases approximately 24 hours. It is your responsibility to make sure the game goes quickly though.
    7) Never re-post any part of any pm sent to you by me. Paraphrasing is okay but I am the final judge of what is acceptable. I will mod-kill you instantly if you do so. Don't be a tool and we'll be cool.
    8) You may not EDIT your posts. Multi-posting to correct what was said is fine.
    9) Do NOT Lurk. I need you to post at least once per phase (more than a one-liner, please). If someone does not do even that much than I will look for a substitute. If someone's is seen as lurking more than usual, it is your job as town/mafia to lynch them.
    10) If you're dead, you're dead. Dead people don't talk nor share any information.
    11) If you have any questions, please PM me (in-game or in Forum).
    12) Submit your night actions if you have one. If you don't wish to use yours, please let me know that too so we can move on faster.
    13) I reserve the right to modify the rules slightly for extraneous situations.
    14) I reserve the right to edit/delete posts that don't comply with explicitly stated rules here or via private message.
    15) Don't be shit-heads - to me or to each other.
    16) No private messaging please, unless you are specifically allowed to.
    17) For those unfamiliar with my hosting style, I have one player (character) designated as the narrator. There will be context clues as to their actions and others' in the flavor write ups. However, it is easy to read too far into this.

Current Phase: Day 4

Players:

The_Paul
    Vehicle
    Markmrw - Lynched D3 - Vanilla Townie
    Squirtle17 - Killed N2 - 1 shot Town Doctor
    Jessup
    Voth - Lynched D1 - 1 shot Mafia Busdriver
    OrangeandBlack5
    Illwei - Killed N1 - 1 shot Town Watcher
    Beast - Lynched D2 - 1 shot Town Cop
    Exalt
    LF - Killed N3 - Vanilla Townie

Estimated Phase Change: 12pm CST Sunday, Nov 28

Previous Phase Changes:

Night 1
    Day 2
    Night 2
    Day 3
    Night 3
    Day 4
    Last edited by WillBy; 11-25-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

A note appeared on the front door, filled with blurry pixelated images, mismatched fonts and forceful language that left nothing to the imagination.
      "Enjoy", "Free food", "Meet your neighbors"

"But I enjoy playing games on my computer, I can make better food in my own kitchen, and I've already met people from all over the world on Trench Wars.

Then again, I should go outside. I'll need to go to the the hardware store anyways, and I can pay the HOA fine for leaving my trashcan out too late. All in one swing. A block party... but this could be my best shot to see her."

With that in mind, Jonah tore the flyer from the door, snatched a magnet from the fridge, and affixed the paper with only the date visible:
      Saturday, July 20 1996

Begin Day 1
      Last edited by WillBy; 11-15-2021, 06:19 PM.

Comment

Oh God. HOA theme? This hits too close to home. I can't wait to dissect all of this juicy, juicy flavor!

I can't for Willby, which is upsetting. Voth probably expects me to vote for him. That being said, LF is for sure scum buddies with Voth.
        JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
        the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

If I end up getting paired with Voth I can pretty much guarantee SOMEBODY is a Bus Driver just so he can toss me under it again. Wilbur would definitely have that kind of dark humor.

My 49ers killing it atm
          1:wbm> i squint when im angry

Originally posted by mtine
          Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

With that said, I won't be able to post much during the day. I have work like a normal adult. I will make it a point to check in when I'm on brake though, to avoid a repeat of last game which I didn't even know had started

Yo LF, u'll never get me. Trust me, SUCK MY CUNT U MADAFAKING IDIOT!!! Cum at me bro. God, ur even worse than some fags irl's history. commit suicide since u aren't even worth 5 penises. CAN'T TOUCH DIS!!! Jeez man. ALL UR MOFOS THAT U RULE IN THIS GAME SHUD RLY SEE HOW UGLY U R IRL AND HOW DUMB AS WELL. Oh, 1 last thing: CAN'T TOUCH THIS ASS.

Comment

vote markmrw.

Welcome to the Mafia mark. You voted for me once on day 1 and now I will forever try to start d1 bandwagons against you.

Also willing to vote jessup just to make her mad.
              Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
              Message has been sent to online moderators
              2:BLeeN> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>no
              2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
              2:BLeeN> ok then no
              :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
              (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by LF View Post
                to avoid a repeat of last game which I didn't even know had started
                I thought it was your best game yet, if we're being honest
                JAMAL> didn't think there was a worse shark than midoent but the_paul takes it

turban> claus is the type of person that would eat shit just so you would have to smell his breath

Originally posted by Ilya;n1135707
                the_paul: the worst guy, needs to go back to school, bad at his job, guido

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                  vote markmrw.

We have to wait until day 2 so we can blame willby for influencing us

Comment

Okay someone is going to have to explain how voting and eliminations work because I don't understand rule 6. is it maj only?

Comment

vote jessup

Because fuck her. Paul and Vehicle were my next two options though. As much as I like beating Paul, I love lynching Vehicle. Is Exalt playing? He's a close fourth.
                      7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                      Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                      TWLJ Champion Season 11
                      TWLB All-Star Season 10
                      Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Illwei View Post
                        Okay someone is going to have to explain how voting and eliminations work because I don't understand rule 6. is it maj only?
                        Well you're off to a great start. Rule 6 has nothing to do with voting.

What exactly are you asking? Whoever has the most votes in a day phase is lynched and dies. Majority rules. Per rule 4, a tie ends in no one being lynched.
                        7:Warcraft> Why don't white people hit their kids anymore?

Duel Pasta> great
                        Duel Pasta> I spilled juice on my face

Tower> NATIONAL WEED YOUR GARDEN DAY

TWLB Champion Season 12
                        TWLJ Champion Season 11
                        TWLB All-Star Season 10
                        Best undeserved TWL title winner in Trench Wars history

Comment

Originally posted by Illwei View Post
                          Hey man, I suggest you read this to get a little sense of what's going on:
                          https://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Main_Page

I'm more than happy to have a newbie in our ranks. But try to get yourself informed because asking for advice in a live mafia thread is asking to get yanked around.

The jist is this: Two teams: town and scum. Scum know who scum are, town is in the dark. Every day down votes to kill one person. At night, the scum kill a person of their choosing. Last team standing wins.

Now there is a lot more to it than that. But with that basic understanding you can start participating actively. And activity is encouraged.
                          Vehicle> ?help Will the division's be decided as well today?
                          Message has been sent to online moderators
                          2:BLeeN> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>no
                          2:Vehicle> (Overstrand)>no
                          2:BLeeN> ok then no
                          :Overstrand:2:Bleen> veh yes
                          (Overstrand)>oh...then yes

Comment

Originally posted by Vehicle View Post
                            vote markmrw.

Welcome to the Mafia mark. You voted for me once on day 1 and now I will forever try to start d1 bandwagons against you.

Oooh how exciting my first rivalry.
                            I would vote for you but LF is playing this time - he claims he didn't know about the last game but I believe he just didn't want to play unless he is Mafia.

Vote LF
                            MRW

Comment

Hi all. There was a certificate issue with forum site yesterday so only posting now. I do this vote for the sake of the town. This person has earned the title The Town Destroyer because no matter what side they are on every game they wind up doing just that.

Vote VOTH

TWDT-J CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT-B CHAMPION POWER 2018
                              TWDT TRIPLE CROWN MEMBER POWER 2018
                              TSL TRIPLE CROWN FINALIST 2018
                              TSLD CHAMPION 2018
                              TSLB CHAMPION 2018

Comment

Working...
                              X