bush wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sarien-

The constitution does not encompass the laws in the country but only serves to regulate and limit the government and the subsequent laws passed. Many laws such as those employing "separate but equal" facilities for blacks and whites have been later repealed for their lacking of constitutionality.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

• That's exactly what I said Fit. Yes if in your state constitution if an anti gay marriage amendment abridges something, then it can be challenged. But that doesn't mean they are mutally exclusive. If it's added, it becomes constitutional by itself. And it would be enforced until such a time as there was a significant enough challenge to force the repeal of the amendment.

This is why any such thing considered a "constitutional amendment" should be very very VERY carefully considered. No matter how bad evil wrong or whatever it is, if it _IS_ added, then by itself it becomes constitutional until something big enough comes along to force its removal. It's a lot harder to un-make the amendment than it is to add it in the first place.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by bloodzombie
        actually, I think it's a pretty good blanket statement...polls show 76% of them falling into the first category.. I think the last two can catch a lot of the rest.
        where would i fit?
        To all the virgins, Thanks for nothing
        brookus> my grandmother died when she heard people were using numbers in their names in online games.. it was too much for her little heart

Comment

• haha

holy shit

Comment

• Cool, now my Halliburton stock went up $2 per share. You're welcome, world.

Comment

• Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              Cool, now my Halliburton stock went up $2 per share. You're welcome, world.

where u been j=t?

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarien
                This is why any such thing considered a "constitutional amendment" should be very very VERY carefully considered. No matter how bad evil wrong or whatever it is, if it _IS_ added, then by itself it becomes constitutional until something big enough comes along to force its removal. It's a lot harder to un-make the amendment than it is to add it in the first place.
                What I'm getting at is that bans on gay marriage are state laws, not part of the state constitution. Even if your state constitution does not find it unconstitutional, the federal one does. Thusly, any such law ought to be repealed immediately. I wonder how soon it will take before a judge completely throws out these rediculous bans.

As I stated earlier, churches have every right to refuse a gay couple from being married within their facilities because the ceremony is performed religiously. If a judge performs a state-sanctioned marriage ceremony, they can in no shape or form deny two people that right because it was never defined that way in law, and any such violation of that would be a violation of civil rights.

Comment

• why is this gay marriage thing such an big issue? There are so many more important things..
                  Originally posted by Tyson
                  There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                  Originally posted by HeavenSent
                  Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                  Originally posted by Izor
                  Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mantra-Slider
                    why is this gay marriage thing such an big issue? There are so many more important things..
                    I could be wrong, but my guess is traditional Christian values have made a strong comeback since 9/11, and the bible says gays are as bad as theives and pervs.

Comment

• Originally posted by K2Grey
                      I'm tired of bitter people making enormous declamations.

Maybe this world would be a better place if they realized that it is not necessary to lump everyone not in your group into the category of demons and morons.

Instead, you get claims that people who vote for Bush are, in general, either ignorant, hillbillies, or religious zealots.

You _cannot_ make such blanket statements based solely on their vote.
                      The reasons why people vote Bush:
                      1. Bible thumpin' redneck. YEEHA!

2.greedy. Of course the long term means nothing, I'm rich and i want a few thousand more bucks, who cares that the economy will fall apart and all the normal class people are getting fucked over by taxes. It all comes down to human nature, one of our biggest flaws is that we always put our own wellbeing infront of the needs of our human community. When everyone does this, the community as a whole suffers.

3. Not so much ignorant, but uninformed. A lot of americans (not just Americans, I see it in Canada too) are just too uninformed and they don't care to figure out the truth, they take in all of Bush's blatant lies without looking into the matter.

4. They vote this way because of the society they live in. Their parents voted Republican, so they will too.

Those are generally the ONLY reasons why Bush got so many votes.

Originally posted by Hairygroin
                      No abortion because you aren't supposed to take a human life no matter what.
                      All rapists should be killed. Fry em up
                      Smart guy.

Bush getting elected again is just another monument to human stupidity. We have got to stop embarrasing ourselves.
                      I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

• You know Chances are big Bush will be in the Whitehouse for another 12 years.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Presidents can only hold 2 consecutive terms in a row (8 years) or finish the smaller half of a term stepping up to President from Vice-President, and then two subsequent terms (10 years). After these next four years, we're done with the Bush family. The likely Republican to follow Bush will be New York City mayor Rudy Guiliani, and the Democrat is unknown at this point. Although, some point to Edwards to run for President himself in '08. A Vice Presidential candidate that appeals to a whole 'nother group might help out the Democrats also.

Comment

• No no fit

You are forgetting his brother, the almighty gouvernor of the state of florida (right?), he's up next.

Ofcourse I know they can only sit for 8 years.. DOH
                            Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

• Fuck Jeb.

The reason I say this is because I'm a Florida resident and Jeb is a horrid governor. He hasn't done shit for education. He bases his stats for funding on state-sanctioned test scores. As I'm sure you're aware, there is a much higher percentage of Hispanics downstate, and thusly a much higher percentage of Spanish speakers who cannot speak English. Naturally the test is given in English, and so many of them fail. There wouldn't really be a problem with this provided that state funding went to the schools downstate to help teach English to the students down there earlier and more often.

THE FUNDING GOES TO FUCKING MAGNET SCHOOLS IN GAINESVILLE, JACKSONVILLE, AND TALLAHASSEE. JESUS TAP-DANCING CHRIST, WHAT A MORON.

Comment

• So jeb sucks, and would be bad for the country.. I totally see him running for president next!

Comment

Working...
                                X