No announcement yet.

bush wins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the stuff that pushed Bush into lead was his opposition to gay marriage (that seems to be emotional topic for many and a good deal for vote for him just because of that) and his non-flipflopping, people knew where he stood. plus many think he is fighting terrorism very well. people just dont care enough about our economy to not vote for better anti-terror leadership.

PS hardcore christians actually voted this time i hear, so yeah that helped him a lot.
    -L3

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
      Bush just won ohio $
      wtf and you're happy? way to jump ship, bitch.
      it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

wheres the reverend when you need him.
        The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
        All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

kookie monsta!!!!!!!
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

you know what the saddest part is. Everyone was talking about how big the voter turnout would be and it's only like 110 mil. Americas total pop is what? 300 mil? Now i'm not saying you need perfect voting standards (90% of japan votes in ever election, here in canada we're generally low 70's) but under 50 is just pathetic. For a country that preaches about democracy, you don't even use it.

EDIT: and i just looked at cnn, and now it's nto sure who won Ohio. I went to bed at 2 am with bush at 269 and netiher NM or Nevada in, both of which have (or will, apparently NM is still to close to call) go Bush.

All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

i agree
              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

I was also surprised that all 11 states banned gay marrige pretty handidly. So how long until you think they'll ban abortion?

Comment

I don't know about abortion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Republican inroads into it as early as fall 2005 with some secretly restrictive "partial-abortion" legislation that actually limits all the forms of it.

The 120m voter turnout is actually exceptionally high. One interesting thing about the campaign was that both sides thought that a very high turnout (110m+) was very favourable to Kerry because of the significant new voter portion of that turnout. This hasn't borne out.

Comment

Lol, we in the netherlands got like 32% turnout last elections.. tho this goverment sucks and will probably fall before their end.

Besides I wouldnt call America a democracy.
                    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                      I don't know about abortion, but I wouldn't be surprised if we started seeing Republican inroads into it as early as fall 2005 with some secretly restrictive "partial-abortion" legislation that actually limits all the forms of it.

The 120m voter turnout is actually exceptionally high. One interesting thing about the campaign was that both sides thought that a very high turnout (110m+) was very favourable to Kerry because of the significant new voter portion of that turnout. This hasn't borne out.

A high voter turnout can indicate two things. Generally it indicates that they (the people) wish to overthrow the current government. This would obviously favour Kerry. A high voter turnout when at war generally means that they believe in the current president and wish to keep him (which favours Bush, obviously). No american president has ever been changed in a time of war, and arguably you guys are at war.
                      Arguably.

Comment

so whats going on right now?
                        I just came home from work and I read on the text-tv news that ohio is still undecided and that Bush 'only' has 254 electoral (?) votes and Kerry has 252.
                        Can Kerry still win?

why is this so messy? Cant you just be like everyone else and not make it all so difficult!!
                        Originally posted by Tyson
                        There is no such thing as hoologians there are only football supporters.
                        Originally posted by HeavenSent
                        Hello? Ever tried to show a Muslim a picture of Mohammed? I dare anyone to try. You will die.
                        Originally posted by Izor
                        Women should never be working in the first place.

Comment

Mantra, if you read the "Election discussion thread" I have a very in-depth discussion going on about the election results.

As to "Can Kerry still win?," the answer is no.

Comment

Kerry made a big deal (not just kerry, the democrats) about making sure every single vote is counted. Kerry CAN still win, the chances are just about 1 billion to 1. (of the absantee ballots, i.e. military and others who are unable to vote one lection day, kerry needs to basically get all of them)

Comment

:busted: oo new smilies. go bush!
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Nickname
                                Kerry made a big deal (not just kerry, the democrats) about making sure every single vote is counted. Kerry CAN still win, the chances are just about 1 billion to 1. (of the absantee ballots, i.e. military and others who are unable to vote one lection day, kerry needs to basically get all of them)
                                No. At 11:09 the AP released the first statement as to Kerry's impending concession, which has been picked up by most major networks. Kerry will make the concession speech at 1 PM EST, just as I said in the other thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X