computer desk / office furniture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• computer desk / office furniture

i'm looking to score a swanky desk to drop my computer (which i'm getting sooner rather than later! woo!) on

all the cool looking stuff i've been able to find is super expensive

i'm cheap and poor

you dudes know of any places that sell sweet stuff at sweet prices?
    jasonofabitch loves!!!!

check the net, local newspaper, and local yellow pages to see if your town has a used office furniture store. I got an awesome used chair for under $50 bucks that was probably worth 3x as much. While I was there, they had a bunch of high quality, barely damaged stuff 1/2 and a 1/3 the price as new office furniture.

Keep in mind, the stuff is office quality, though. This means it's going to be heavier than shit, but it's going to last much longer than the crappy desks you get at target for $80.

Also, check Costco, should you have a membership. I have no idea the quality, but I know they have a limited amount of that kind of stuff.
    Last edited by Subjugation; 11-25-2004, 03:33 AM.

Comment

I think with furniture you usually get what you pay for
      Originally posted by Facetious
      edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Ikea rocks. As far as I know, there's not one in Indiana, but if you're willing to drive, head to the one near chicago (Schaumburg I think). I got my desk from there and it's pretty cool. I think I paid $150 and it's solid as a rock, plus it's one of those "systems" where you can keep adding to it, and put it together different ways. the basic table version is about $90, but I got it with the shelf on top and a little shelf that swivels on the side... I think it was called the Jerker.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

i got my desk at officemax i think
          can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Yeah, Ikea is the place to go. Only because you get free Dime bars in their restaurant.

Comment

I went to that Ikea in Schaumburg last week, place is a fucking madhouse.
              It's like wal-mart caliber crowded, but it's a furniture store.
              sage

Comment

Originally posted by Jason
                i'm looking to score a swanky desk to drop my computer (which i'm getting sooner rather than later! woo!) on

all the cool looking stuff i've been able to find is super expensive

i'm cheap and poor

you dudes know of any places that sell sweet stuff at sweet prices?
                dooo it eeeeeeeebay... Sing the song.

eBay
                Last edited by Selex; 11-27-2004, 05:40 PM.
                |
                Spam me, Im bored: Sleepsmokr0001@yahoo.com
                Selex - (Early) 2000 - (Mid) 2004 Retiree!(July 25)
                [Spastic]
                --:fear:--

Comment

Working...
                X