Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Goal line technology and video evidence be used during football matches ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should Goal line technology and video evidence be used during football matches ?

In the wake of Roy Carrols butter finger display there have been many calls for these things to be introduced from both the managers and the media.

I was talking with my friend about it and was arguing against brining in any technology to be used during a live game, which i've been saying for many years, but as he pointed out the tide of opinion is turning and he say's i'll soon be alone in my thinking.

As a football supporter i'm against it becuase for me bad/wrong decisions are part and parcel of the game and, indeed in a strange twisted way, add to my enjoyment off it.

1) you get to curse at the referee/linesmen and wonder how he ever got is job with the obvious bad calls and mistakes he is making.

2) you get to keep your bias since the referee could be getting it right but you disagree since its against your team but video evidence would prove you wrong not the reff. Thats no fun.

3) The controversy it cuases leads to great banter and talking points in the work place. Imagine how many Man Utd supporters got slagged off for the non-goal only to reply about the obivous hand balls that have recently happened in other crucial games if the person bantering with them supported one of them.If it was ruled a goal there would be none of this type of thing going on.

4) As long as it is due to crap referees/linesmen and human error their should be no bias so it is fair and would balance out over time with Man United geting a goal disallowed for offside when they were on etc...

5) it could disrupte and slow down the flow of the game with players surrounding the referee and saying "look at the video" all the time over decisions they used to just throw their hands in the air and say "what the fuck i was fouled/not offside/a god unto myself and should be allowed to break the rules.

anyway i think that yes perhaps video and technology might make it more fair but life isn't fair and football should reflect that and as long as there is no bias then the unfairness will balance out and be fair in the end becuase its unfair to everone
    In my world,
    I am King

sigpic

Imagine how the fans would react...I think that's one of the reasons why they don't do it
    I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

it depends what they will use video technology for. If they JUST use it for goal-line decisions, fine, but I don't want to see it being used for every foul and offside.

I don't particually want to see it though. And, as someone said (forgot who), that the smaller clubs won't be able to afford it. So if there is a contraversial decsions and the ref got it wrong, the goal would (or could) be just as important for the smaller club as the big one.

Football is a human game so technology shouldn't take over

Comment

But the increased pressure from the media on officials means there are more mistakes in the last 5 or so years so its gone beyond the point where human errors are just anomolies (sp)
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

The team that plays better should win. I say rule out any chance that a bad call swings a game.

I'm also not really a football fan, so my opinion probably doesn't count.
          http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

You're right...it doesn't
            I don't know how to put this but I'm kind of a big deal...

Comment

Soccer is all about eyes. When people spend more time about whether or not a ball went over a white line or not than they spend time doing constructive work, they should be exported to India to help them out.
              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

What are you chatting about? What constructive work do you mean as opposed to trying to call a decision? Do you mean people should get back to their paperwork instead of playing football or are you terming "taking a goal kick" as constructive work?
                Originally posted by Facetious
                edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  But the increased pressure from the media on officials means there are more mistakes in the last 5 or so years so its gone beyond the point where human errors are just anomolies (sp)
                  true, suppose i woulnd't mind video technology if i knew specifically what it would be used for

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  What are you chatting about? What constructive work do you mean as opposed to trying to call a decision? Do you mean people should get back to their paperwork instead of playing football or are you terming "taking a goal kick" as constructive work?
                  agreed again, his post makes no sense

Comment

I meant on this forum. Sorry for being unclear.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Didn't read much, but NO. It's a part of the game, and no matter how frustrating it is sometimes, your team losing because of a fucked up ref, your team will win too sometimes because of a fucked up ref. Besides it always gives me someone to blame if we lose. I'll always go like: nah we rocked, it was that #%(&!%)&%# ref, #%_&!#%! blind piece of (#!%!)#(%

It's part of the game, it's part of it's attractiveness, you shouldn't do it.
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

referees making dumb/wrong calls is what makes sports awesome

technology and robots ruin that
                        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

yeah i say leave it the way it is, just a shame it had to happen to my team this time around.... but there will be others

Comment

hmm i'm not sure that there are alot more mistakes than in the past.

I agree that the media is putting alot more pressure on the referees but i think the fact is that since Sky came onboard, the the amount of matches televised has went through the roof. Even since sky started it, it has steadly increased the number of games it shows.

So it used to be only a live audience and then a highlight show where most of the time the full 90 mins is condensed into about 5, so alot of the ref's mistakes are cut out. Since the live audience are on the whole biased and didn't have video replays to see wether the ref was wrong or not , the mistakes went by.

Now there is alot of video evidence used on the programs, with replays during the match for the T.V. viewers and alot of the mistakes the ref makes are now in the public spotlight alot more. This with the fact it is easy to blame the ref so the football pudits whine on about the disgrace it is and the public love it becuase everyone kinda hates referees, leads us to draw the conclusion that we must get in technology to replace i mean help the duff referees.

I stand by that i think it will take an edge of the game and it wil be a sad day for me when its introduced.
                            In my world,
                            I am King

sigpic

Comment

Yes It Should!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Throughout time, there’s been
                              crimes, throughout our history
                              But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                              Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                              Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                              Come on and take a stand
                              Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                              and all the kids are running
                              from London to Manchester
                              cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Working...
                              X