Creatine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodzombie
    That forum freaks me out... this kid is 15.

What about Richard Sandrak, guess he's less 10 in these pictures.

5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
    5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
    5: Da1andonly> =((
    5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
    5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
    5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Kontrolz
      every body builder knows that missing a meal is worse than missing a work out
      There we have it.

And working out too much is worse than working out too few times.

One more thing: After the first year of working out, you'll only be able to gain 300-1000 grams (about 1 lbs) of MUSCLE per year, depending if you're a hardgainer or not.

The rest will be fat no matter how hard you try
      Last edited by Jeansi; 02-10-2005, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I bet he'd get an invite to neverland
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Getting back to the original topic of Creatine, there is a ton of misinformation in this thread.

Creatine has absolutely nothing to do with steroids, so not sure how that all got brought up. Creatine is a naturally occuring substance in the body and is also present in low doses in meat products, especially red meats. Basically what creatine does is allow your muscle cells to retain additional water. This volumizes the cells, which makes your muscles look larger and also adds to your strength. In itself, creatine does not build muscle, the increased size is soley due to the added water volume of the muscle. The reason why its popular is for the temporary strength increase that goes along with the volumized muscle cells. The increased strength allows you to lift more weight which works the muscles harder, allowing them to grow bigger. As a side effect creatine also aids in recovery a bit after the workout.

Once you stop taking creatine your body will return to its natural creatine level in about 4 weeks, so the effect is only temporary. Its recommended to cycle on and off it, though its never been proven that cycling off it is really necessary. The reason its suggested is that there are concerns that if you are taking creatine in then your body will stop/greatly lower its own natural creatine production which might have some long-term effect once you stop taking it for good.

I have never seen a study or anything that has ever shown that creatine has any negative health issues associated with it (again, this is creatine, not steroids which a lot of people in this thread are talking about). The only side effects really are a lot of people experience pretty bad bloating with it, but thats really its intended function, to volumize muscle cells with water.

The most common/cheaper form of creatine is creatine monohydrate. There is also this stuff called CEE (forget what it stands for) which is more expensive, but a lot of people get better results with (less overall bloating and more increased strength). I tried the monohydrate stuff for a while but frankly wasn't really that impressed with it so I decided to not use it after I used up my supply since its fairly expensive.

Comment

It turned into a steroid talk because Kontroidz thought that they were a good solution. Not because people thought that creatine was steroids.

Good info though.
            http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

I didn't realize I'd posted in this thread

anyways, it confuses me how steroids make a man go female and a women go male. wouldn't it do one or the other?
              NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

It makes you unisex or something, more towards a man though. :turned:

Comment

Working...
                X