Judge Not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bloodzombie
    Also nothing to do with judging... he's decided that he wants your help, and you're willing to give it to him because you give a shit about him.
    you have to make the judgement that he's IN NEED OF HELP first.

edit: and in the example, I'm trying to depict a situation where a person needs your help (he/she may or may not desire it, as per the drug example) but before you try and help them, you recognize what is wrong.
    Last edited by Bioture; 04-25-2005, 04:50 PM.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

to me, the judgment you should be making is that the person knows they need help, but are afraid to ask. if youre confident that your friend is okay with their choices, i wouldnt intervene, what good do you expect it to do? theyll just get pissed off at you. id say that situations involving physical addiction (crack, coke, heroin, etc) are different, though.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Originally posted by Bioture
        you have to make the judgement that he's IN NEED OF HELP first.

edit: and in the example, I'm trying to depict a situation where a person needs your help (he/she may or may not desire it, as per the drug example) but before you try and help them, you recognize what is wrong.
        You said that he can't stop, but he wants to... that's different than someone that doesn't have any desire to stop.

But either way, you're not passing judgement on the person. If you didn't think he was a good person, you wouldn't be his friend in the first place. You're taking 'judgement' to extremes here.. you might judge that you're taller than your friend, but I don't think that's what the scripture refers to... it refers to judging a human being, not deciding whether or not you want to reach out to someone and ask if they need your help.
        http://www.trenchwars.org/forums/showthread.php?t=15100 - Gallileo's racist thread

"Mustafa sounds like someone that likes to fly planes into buildings." -Galleleo

Comment

The word "judgement" means many things, and the negative meaning people are looking at follows more along the lines of "condemnation". When you are trying to help someone, you may be making a "judgement" but I wouldn't call it condemnation.

Comment

Working...
          X