Food Critics Advice Requested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Food Critics Advice Requested

Sorry to make this thread since I know it will appeal to very few of you, but I kind of would like to solicit some honest advice. I'm working on a project with some of the stuff I like to mess around with in the kitchen, and I'm not sure if I should add this dish or not to my collection of recipes.

This dish is totally just a "health food" type of recipe, and usually healthy and nutritious cuisine is neither popular in the restaurant industry, nor do most chefs consider it worth doing. That's why I'm kind of leaning against adding it to my project.

It's a split pea salad with chicken and caramelized onions and carrots. Tasted good, and is nutritionally balanced, but I just don't think anyone would order it if it was on a menu. It's just not very "sexy". I mean, there's no sauce dripping all over the place, there's no gooey cheese, or any of the other high fat additions that make most people like certain foods.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback on if you think it sounds like a shitty dish, or just any feedback at all...positive or negative. How would you change it, does it need more color, etc.

Seriously, if you think it's lame, tell me straight---this is just business to me, so I'm not going to take it personally if you think it sucks.

stick a picture on the menu, it looks tastylicious

Comment

I'm not big on onions, but other than that, it looks great! I like to experiement with my cooking as well. For the past year, I've been cooking diff. meats with my favorite salad dressing (heavy on the vinegar). If I can cook with it and dip the food in it, it's more than likely I'll eat it.
      †© Life of Bittersweet torment, why dost thou inflict me so? ©†

Comment

Don't mix it up so much. Is that bread there? Keep the bread seperate from the meal. The salad part of it should lay on top of the chicken, carrots, and onions as to garnish it. Either that or try putting it to the side so that it's half half.

Comment

The presentation looks......odd, but it's a meal I'd try. (Well, I suppose that depends on what else is on the menu)

Comment

That plate does nothing for your decor
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
              Sorry to make this thread since I know it will appeal to very few of you, but I kind of would like to solicit some honest advice. I'm working on a project with some of the stuff I like to mess around with in the kitchen, and I'm not sure if I should add this dish or not to my collection of recipes.

This dish is totally just a "health food" type of recipe, and usually healthy and nutritious cuisine is neither popular in the restaurant industry, nor do most chefs consider it worth doing. That's why I'm kind of leaning against adding it to my project.

It's a split pea salad with chicken and caramelized onions and carrots. Tasted good, and is nutritionally balanced, but I just don't think anyone would order it if it was on a menu. It's just not very "sexy". I mean, there's no sauce dripping all over the place, there's no gooey cheese, or any of the other high fat additions that make most people like certain foods.

Anyway, I'd love to get some feedback on if you think it sounds like a shitty dish, or just any feedback at all...positive or negative. How would you change it, does it need more color, etc.

Seriously, if you think it's lame, tell me straight---this is just business to me, so I'm not going to take it personally if you think it sucks.

serve it with a can of sprunk and your set
              :wub: GammaHydroxyButyrate :wub:

Comment

It looks yummy.
                Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                1:Chao <ER>> at all
                1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy
                  Don't mix it up so much. Is that bread there? Keep the bread seperate from the meal. The salad part of it should lay on top of the chicken, carrots, and onions as to garnish it. Either that or try putting it to the side so that it's half half.
                  Hmmm...No, there's no bread there. It's just salad mixed with split peas, then chicken, then the caramelized carrots and onions on top, hanging over the back.

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
                  That plate does nothing for your decor
                  I agree, that china sucks. I need some new dishes.

Comment

Did you not use any dressing?

Comment

If it's supposed to be a healhty meal, howcome you have caramelized vegetables there?

Looks delicious though :up:
                      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                      5: Da1andonly> =((
                      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

needs more mayonaise.
                        can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Originally posted by Jeansi
                          If it's supposed to be a healhty meal, howcome you have caramelized vegetables there?

Looks delicious though :up:
                          caramelized is just a term meaning cooking in a way to draw out the natural sugar of the item. Onions and carrots have a lot of natural sugar, so if you cook them over low heat, they will naturally become sweet.

Yea, it does make them more caloric, however, it's not like adding additional sugars.

Ty, btw.

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
                          Did you not use any dressing?
                          Yes, I used a vinagrette made with shallots, melon vinegar, and extra virgin olive oil. It's a very simple and clean dressing.

Comment

Looks delish, id like to give it a try, what does it taste like? just roughly

dont say chicken
                            Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                            oNe-t> YEAH
                            nopcode> before going out
                            funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

Chicken and caramalized carrots look good.
                              But I think you can work on the decor. You just piled up everything on eachother.

I'd order something else over this dish though, since I hate split peas.

Comment

Working...
                              X