The war is finally over! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Squeezer
    Ok, I didn't want to explain it, but you brought it to this Zeus.

Post WWI, America was terrified of everything. They were terrified of the European nations, and helping them in any way possible, because we thought it was you guys who had dragged us into WWI (especially England). So We became Isolationists, and told the world to fuck itself. Luckily, we had FDR as president, so he understood that eventually, America would have to join the conflict, so he slowly brought us into the war with policies like the Lend-Lease policy, and the Cash and Carry act. In reality, we were doing all the same things that had dragged us into WWI, so given about six more months, the US probably would have been in the war. But, for the time being, the American people were still very much afraid of the rest of the world, so FDR was reluctant to join, waiting for a time when the whole world knew it was needed that the Americans join. He got his wish, when the Japanese attacked Pearl Harbor on Dec. 7th. Pearl Harbor gave th US a clear goal to work against, the Japanese. But, FDR knew that Japan wasn't a threat to humanity like Hitler was, so he went for Germany first, despite the pleas from the American people for revenge.

That my friend is why we didn't join the war earlier, and how we eventually got entangled in the conflict.
    Post #29 reads: "And don't worry I understand isolationism" (it was one of my modules in my first year - I'm doing history) and you've successfully managed to become the first person to give an account of the pre-war years that neglects the New Deal edit: or the Great Depression while I think of it. However while I'm impressed with your knowledge, post #40 reads "That doesn't determine at what point the decision to enter the war was made, and at what point action was actually taken" and I'd like to add "neither does it detail the volume of trading with European countries, the percentage of exports that were now directed to America (and were taken away from other countries but we're all fully paid members of capitalism), the loans that were taken out with US banks, etc...". I seem to remember something about paying in timber poles? Something for google. Yes it explains why America decided to join the war, but not what happened after this decision which is why you're missing the point
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 05-09-2005, 04:16 PM.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Hey yeah the battle of midway was my favourite BF1942 map at one time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
        Hey yeah the battle of midway was my favourite BF1942 map at one time.
        Berlin as Axis or Battle of Britain as the Brits, 2 best maps and sides for these particular.......maps. :grin:
        Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
        oNe-t> YEAH
        nopcode> before going out
        funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

the "U" shaped island was best
          >o-/\/\mmmmmmmmmm/-<o<<-<

Comment

No way!

Berlin and Operation Market Garden were the two best maps.

Market Garden had hella good sniping spots.
            Originally posted by Tone
            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Dutch court refuses to throw Bush in jail

Wed May 4, 1:18 PM ET

A court in The Hague turned down a demand by a dozen plaintiffs who wanted to force the Dutch government to arrest US President George W. Bush when he visits the Netherlands Saturday, the judgement made public said.

Bush will be in the south of the Netherlands this weekend to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the end of World War II in Europe.

The plaintiffs, mostly left-wing organisations and activists, accused Bush of "numerous grave violations of the Geneva Conventions". They also said the president is responsible for the deaths of civilians in Afghanistan and Iraq and Washington's refusal to recognize the International Criminal Court (ICC), the world's first permanent war crimes court.

In the judgement, dated on Tuesday, the court said that the case was political and that the demands "could have far-reaching consequences for US-Dutch relations".

source
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

yahoo!

Comment

Working...
                X