Kingdom of Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kingdom of Heaven

Unique approach to making and directing this film, I was happy when I found out it was being directed by the Ridley Scott who directed Gladiator and didn't turn into something terrible like Alexander. It's worth the money to see it in my opinion but I don't pay for movies so I'm biased on what I would and wouldn't pay for.
    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

I'll just c/p my reply on this movie from another forum that I posted in.
    ----

I found the movie to be great and worth the money I spent to go see it. From your post I kind of got the feeling that you expected another lord of the rings type movie and got let down when it didn't turn out to be that way.

Not all legends include the main hero dying while fighting 800 guys, or taking down a massive beast/evil to make the world safe again. IMO it was quite amazing that Bloom's character had the balls and actually managed to stand up to Saladin's army and hold them off for however long they did. Even if it was just for 2 days, it's still pretty amazing to hold off 200,000 warriors with a bunch of peasents, weaponry and a handful of determination.

The whole thing with him declining to marry the kings sister wasn't about how many lives he would have saved (I'm thinking the christians would have done something eventually anyway), it was more about him keeping his oath to his father and not being the one sending a man to his death like that, even if it was Gee. It wasn't mindless devotion, more like sticking to your principles, "even if it means your death".

Saladin was fighting for honor (sister killed, his people murdered), and Baelin was fighting to protect his people. Taking the city would be a symbol of revenge and retribution for Saladin, while keeping the city would preserve the safety of the people for Baelin.

Orlando IMO wasn't just parroting the lines, rather realizing the full meaning of them, sticking by them and trying to instill said values on other people. I think it showed development for him- in the beginning he felt like a troubled, lowly blacksmith that had no hope; at the end of the movie he had found some semblance of peace and helped changed his world for the better. His wife killed herself because the baby died in birth, she couldn't handle the grief. You don't have to know someone for years to be inspired by them, I think it's alright to follow in his dad's footsteps, he needed some guidance, sense of direction with which to take his life and that's what his dad did for him.

The lighting, camera work, music and acting was all very good, and I think the movie had great pacing- nothing seemed slow or boring at all to me. Sure it's going to show that christians weren't as holy as they wanted to appear, that's how it was back then. I especially like the one like " convert to Islam, repent later", said by that one priest near the end of the movie. It's just funny to see how men used religon to cover their greed and selfishness.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

it's Salah al-Din, but due to the fact that the English couldnt pronounce it well, they pronounced it Saladin.
      Girl if it's alright,
      100%.

Comment

Yet another hopeless try to boost a flat and shallow script with a million dollar budget. Hollywood's struggle to find good scripts continues..

A bad call made by Ridly Scott. He should have kept his hands off this one. Sure there's some nice CGI action in there, but the story leaves the viewer unaffected. Poor acting again by Orlando Bloom, who's lack of emotion only did him good as Legolas. The story is so ridiculously simple and full of holes, you don't need to be an historian to spill your popcorn in disgust at least a couple of times.

Kingdom of Heaven was a disappointement. The choice of director got our hopes up, but it turned out to be an even weaker picture than Troy. Hollywood needs better stories, or should stick to remaking foreign movies..
        http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Shallow script? Weaker story? I'm honestly starting to think the people that complain about this movie have no idea what they're complaining about. This stuff isn't even intellectual enough to fly over your head, or at least it shouldn't be.
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

The movie owns! Now I said it, maybe I also should go see it.

Comment

I'm with Liquid Blue here I have no clue what warportal really has against this movie.
              it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

it came out on the 6th, but i still aint seen it!!!
                i think it looks great, the battle scenes look brilliant, but i was a bit skeptical about Oralndo Bloom playing the main role, is he really as bad as people are saying he is?
                Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
                oNe-t> YEAH
                nopcode> before going out
                funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

Comment

I can't wait to see it! Partially because Orlando Bloom is in it, but it does look like a very good movie, and everyone that I've talked to that has seen it has said that it was a very good movie.
                  Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                  1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                  1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                  1:Chao <ER>> at all
                  1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                  1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                  Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                  Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

He does a fine job as a main lead, nothing to worry about.

Comment

I thought he did really well as a main lead, I loved Troy and I thought he was great in the majority of roles he's played.

Comment

I didn't think it was that bad...I didn't think it was that good, either.
                        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I enjoyed watching it. My first thought when I heard that it was about the Crusades was that it would have some kind of religious slant to it or depict a certain religion as the "bad guy." I have to admit, I was thoroughly pleased with the end the film, the characters in it, and the messages the film had about religion.

As far as historical accuracy, which is what I think wp's main gripe with the film is, I don't think the film strayed too far from what actually happened. I'm no Middle Ages historian but I am fairly literate in history and I didn't notice any glaring misrepresentations. The main thing I think people are saying about the historical accuracy is that it depicts Muslims as better people than they were during the Crusades. Considering it was the Christians who just went into the Middle East trying to kill the infidels and take Jerusalem for their own religion, I find it hard to believe that Muslims were the real "bad guys," as it were, in the war. Possibly if you're a conservative Christian you could be blinded by your religion and actually believe that we were saving ourselves and Muslims by killing them - I think that is absurd though.

In short, good film, not the best, but worth a watch.

Comment

sry for not bothering to write a decent essay about why this movie isn't good. Herefor I don't expect you guyz to agree with me at all..

STILL

The story is simple and often very fabricated (lol at how he's the only one surviving the shipwreck and LOL at the one horse that survives, standing there in 1 little piece of boat)

Orlando Blooms acting is weak To me he still doesnt have what it takes to be a protagonist in a big picture.. I miss presence on screen, and defenatly emotion.

Feel free to react on this. For those who haven't seen it, I sugges you wait till you have before posting comments. Just to keep it fair
                            http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

I'm so sorry he didn't get scurvy or have 3 other pitiful survivors after the boat crash, that doesn't detract from the movie it just makes you sound like you're nitpicking. To support your shallow script and weak storyline, all you could come up with was " he was the only one that survived the boat crash". Are you kidding me? You just want to whine, you have no valid reasons to complain about the story or script.

Emotion? What, you wanted him to cry in a corner when his dad died, or go into an emo rage because of some of the (that I won't spoil) later stuff in the film? He's a fucking knight, he's not going to be a blubbery bitch. He showed just as much emotion as the other male characters in the film, you just want to rag on the pretty boy from LOTR.

Weak. Your shitty ass response was weak, nothing else.

Comment

Working...
                              X