No announcement yet.

Kingdom of Heaven

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So whats wrong with other people giving their oppinions?
    TWDTJ & TWDTB FINALIST 2019

Comment

Nothing as long as they give reasons to why they say things. This chief here just whined and didn't even back his complaints up. I wouldn't care if he said " it wasn't my type of film" or " I didn't enjoy the action sequences that much ". Hell, he could have even said " I didn't like Blooms character, the story didn't really interest me". But why are you going to complain about a weak story and then use a weak line like " he was the only one to survive a crash, the story sucks lol ".
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

O.o
        Big Chill

Comment

Rodizzle!
          Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
          1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
          1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
          1:Chao <ER>> at all
          1:Mantra-Slider> chao
          1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
          Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
          Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

It was tolerable. Got pissed off at Orlando Bloom's pathetic inability to move muscles on his face- is he fucking Botoxed or something?- but the movie was a huge step up from Gladiator.
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

well..yes. Him being the only surviver of he boatcrash was so funny imo, so that's a thing i defenatly remembered..

Heck, the movie is one big Hollywood cliché. The blacksmith who goes to Jeruzalem to find his true destiny, who along the way converts into a pacifistic crusader (laugh), when he arrives there brings water and joy to the land his father left him, in like 5 minutes (you'd think somebody else would have thought of looking for a waterhole..), and is soon in charge of defending the Holy City, him and some old people who manage to hold out 100 000 crazy Arabians...

I've thought hard about any more specific reason why I didn't like this movie. But I guess it's just the whole of the movie that let me down.

Feel free to talk crap to me like some frustrated adolescent, I've seen it all before. How bout we stick to having a mature conversation where people exchange opinions . and yes, also dumb opinions are opinions, just like opinions without arguments are opinions. that's why they're opinions genious..

Peace out,

the chief
              http://disoblige.be-damned.com/OLD%20WEBSITE/

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond
                but the movie was a huge step up from Gladiator.
                wowow! ur saying this is better than Gladiator? You cannot be serious!!

Comment

Originally posted by warportal
                  well..yes. Him being the only surviver of he boatcrash was so funny imo, so that's a thing i defenatly remembered..

Heck, the movie is one big Hollywood cliché. The blacksmith who goes to Jeruzalem to find his true destiny, who along the way converts into a pacifistic crusader (laugh), when he arrives there brings water and joy to the land his father left him, in like 5 minutes (you'd think somebody else would have thought of looking for a waterhole..), and is soon in charge of defending the Holy City, him and some old people who manage to hold out 100 000 crazy Arabians...
                  He wasn't a crusader, he was just a knight protecting the people. To be a crusader he would have had to go and try to take the city from the Muslims, or hunt down the muslims in the name of god like those other saps that got owned in the movie. His only goal was to protect the people (and the king) after he got to the city, not fight for God or anything close to that.

I honestly don't know how many movies you've seen where a blacksmith goes to the holy city to fight in large scale battles and find his true love, but this was a first for me. Sure it had a few common archetypes, but without them you wouldn't be able to recognize the hero from the villian, and thus you'd be complaining even more than you are now.

As for holding out with tons of old people, the very first guy he knighted was a kid about 17-20 (can't tell the exact age, it doesn't matter though). While there were a few gray beards in the bunch, the main thing is that those men had not been trained as knights, not that they were unfit or elderly. They weren't soliders, they were farmers, husbands, peasents. Again though, the movie used the common theme of uniting a bunch of supposedly weak people to rise up against a seemingly unstoppable opposing force- something we see in LOTR, Star Wars, basically any major epic movie(s) that you can think of. I'm guessing you just weren't feeling the movie and couldn't explain yourself properly before, so I'll let it slide.

While Gladiator has more focus on the main character and his family (and the grief, pain, etc he goes through), KoH is on a much broader scale. Sure Baelin is the central character, but I think that the scope is more focused on the people as a whole, rather than just the journey of Baelin (Bloom). Also, Gladiator was mainly about revenge while KoH was more about honor and sticking to your principles.
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                    To support your shallow script and weak storyline, all you could come up with was " he was the only one that survived the boat crash". Are you kidding me? You just want to whine, you have no valid reasons to complain about the story or script.
                    Who determines valid, exactly? He gave a couple reasons why he didn't like it. Why do you have your balls in a twist over whether or not he liked a fucking movie?

Nothing as long as they give reasons to why they say things. This chief here just whined and didn't even back his complaints up.
                    Ech hrm:
                    The story is simple and often very fabricated (lol at how he's the only one surviving the shipwreck and LOL at the one horse that survives, standing there in 1 little piece of boat)

Orlando Blooms acting is weak To me he still doesnt have what it takes to be a protagonist in a big picture.. I miss presence on screen, and defenatly emotion.
                    There's two of his reasons. "The story is simple and often very fabricated." and "Orlando Bloom couldn't act his way out of a paper bag." (paraphrased).

I admit I haven't seen this movie, but neither did I have any interest after I watched the trailers. Orlando Bloom is a god awful actor that is put in movies just to make pussies wet wherever it's shown, and grab their cash. Virtually my entire reason for posting wasn't because of the movie, but just because Liquid Blue was irrationally giving warportal a hard fucking time over nothing.

Edit: After rereading LB's last post:
                    where a blacksmith goes to the holy city to fight in large scale battles and find his true love,
                    That is hilariously bad. That's the same kind of movie premise like "Smokey and the Bandit meet Moses on the mountain and it's a buddy comedy/action thriller where Moses has to stop Godzilla from killing his ex wife." I like you Liquid Blue, but jesus, go watch Casablanca or something. Hehe.
                    Last edited by Sarien; 05-12-2005, 05:58 AM.
                    "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Thx, now I didnt have to type all that Sarien.

And i say it again

If u believe KoH is better than Gladiator, there is something very VERY wrong inside your head

The story of Gladiator grips the viewer, makes him/her care, leave the viewer studdened in his seat for a little while during the credits..

KoH's story frustrated me with it's holes and shalowness. At the end credits Everybody just got up and left, glad it was finally over.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
                        Who determines valid, exactly? He gave a couple reasons why he didn't like it. Why do you have your balls in a twist over whether or not he liked a fucking movie?
                        I gave him a hard time over it because I enjoyed the movie alot and his reasons seemed like bullshit whining to me.

Ech hrm:

There's two of his reasons. "The story is simple and often very fabricated." and "Orlando Bloom couldn't act his way out of a paper bag." (paraphrased).

I admit I haven't seen this movie, but neither did I have any interest after I watched the trailers. Orlando Bloom is a god awful actor that is put in movies just to make pussies wet wherever it's shown, and grab their cash. Virtually my entire reason for posting wasn't because of the movie, but just because Liquid Blue was irrationally giving warportal a hard fucking time over nothing.

Bloom does a fine job in the movie, his character isn't crazy deep (you don't really get alot of character development from him besides the deal with his dad and protecting the people, his past is hazy, not alot of varied conversations about things, etc etc)- but he still pulls it off well. Maybe that is because he might not be able to do a deep character (Jim Carrey in Eternal Sunshine of a Spotless mind, Ewan Mcgreggor in Trainspotting, Main guy in American Beauty) but he played the part as well as I think anyone could have played it. This is why I think warpadorkel was slamming on Bloom's acting simply because of who he is, and not because of who he was playing.

The story doesn't need to get any more complicated then it already is, it's deep on a whole philosphy wise, and it's beautifully shot. It's really a solid film, and I'm speaking in all aspects of cinematography here. A story, an idea doesn't need to be expressed as convuluted as say, the Matrix to get it's point across.

Edit: After rereading LB's last post:

That is hilariously bad. That's the same kind of movie premise like "Smokey and the Bandit meet Moses on the mountain and it's a buddy comedy/action thriller where Moses has to stop Godzilla from killing his ex wife." I like you Liquid Blue, but jesus, go watch Casablanca or something. Hehe.
                        I was being cheesy on purpose, to simply show him how silly these cliches can be. I could have easily said " the main hero goes on an adventure to learn a life lesson and find his true love", but where's the fun in that :grin:

If u believe KoH is better than Gladiator, there is something very VERY wrong inside your head

The story of Gladiator grips the viewer, makes him/her care, leave the viewer studdened in his seat for a little while during the credits..

KoH's story frustrated me with it's holes and shalowness. At the end credits Everybody just got up and left, glad it was finally over.
                        Like I said before in my last post, they are films geared towards two different mind sets, it's no surprise that people like one more than the other. The story of Gladiator griped you (probably) because it focused more on the main guy (forgot his name) and his past, gave you alot more character development and really only focused on the main guy's struggle. KoH was about honor, sticking to your guns :

" speak the truth, even if it leads to your death"
                        (quoted from the movie for those who haven't seen it)

It didn't focus nearly as much (probably less than half) on Baelin as Gladiator did with it's main character- but it didn't have to. It wasn't a story about Baelin, and if you went in expecting that then no wonder you were dissapointed. It's called Kingdom of Heaven for a reason. It wasn't supposed to only look at Baelin and his life, he was merely a guide, a focal point that you could rest your eyes on while the real message of the movie and it's ideals hit you in the face. I personally like both films, I haven't seen Gladiator in years so I can't outright say which one I like better.

And who the hell stays after the movie goes off? Whether I like a movie or not, I have other shit to do. While you sit and stare at the screen in awe I'll be on my way to IHOP, talking with my friends, going over the awesome parts of whatever movie we just watched.

Comment

The story of Gladiator grips the viewer,
                          Strike one!

makes him/her care,
                          Strike two!

leave the viewer studdened in his seat for a little while during the credits..
                          I don't even know what the fuck "studdened" means! Strike three!
                          Originally posted by Ward
                          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

saw it yesterday. The final battle scenes were cool, but then again it is directed by ridley scott, so i don't really expect any less.

the story, acting and etc. were all mediocre. I kept thinking that the blacksmith was legolas, and pictured him with pointy ears.

handing jerusalem over like that made him seem like a little bitch.
                            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                            TelCat> i dont

Comment

stunned
                              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

forgive a man his typo's... i was in a hurry stunned ofcourse thank you lovely zerz.

After a good movie, I really hate it when people get up right away though. It's like being woken up while you still wanna sleep some more... You know you have to...but can't you sleep 5 minutes longer!

Anyway, that's when i talk about the movie with my friends, right there, during the credits, picking the spilled popcorn off my chest.

Comment

Working...
                                X