Genetic Homosexuals

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaiLed
    nice, i can use this in my ethics exam in a couple days (critique of natural law) :up:
    I have an ethics timed essay in an hour, but there's no where to fit homosexuality in writing about natural moral law unless I go off on a tangent (as it's about abortion mainly). However, I guess if you were to put homosexuality into natural moral law you could argue that it's about self preservation? which comes before continuation of the species.

Comment

we have our ethics exam divided into two questions:

a) explanation of the question
      b) "blah blah some opinion." Discuss.

for exmaple, part B could be "Natural Law is an effective and useful ethics system." Discuss.

so basically i would just list pros and cons, stating if I agree with NL or not.

NL doesn't accept that homosexuals exist; they say that there is only one sexual preference. so i could use this argument to back up that this is not true. or, NL states that it is good to reach your purpose (telos) and that homosexuals having sex would be them forfilling this purpose. this is a contradiction as NL argues that homosexuality doens't exist.

I'm doing AS level though
      Last edited by NaiLed; 06-06-2005, 06:56 AM.

Comment

Theres a difference between your future and the way you are, Twerp.

Anyway who cares, gay people are gay and straight people are straight. Doesn't change a thing in my eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by Disliked
          you could argue that it's about self preservation? which comes before continuation of the species.
          Wrong.
          Originally posted by Ward
          OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I was straight until zeus and Jerome came into my life.
            TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
            TelCat> hoes get paid :(
            TelCat> i dont

Comment

"Came into"
              Originally posted by Facetious
              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Tone
                wrong, tone, you are forgetting about structural functionalist placement in society and the society factor. it is a well known fact that violent crime is higher in those less privileged. are you to say that coincidentally those in the lowest social standings also have the genes for violence?
                No Tone, what i will say is that there is a biologically governed mind state factor in violence and it is the most important factor by far, if it wernt, i think we would see an even wider gap in societal placement and violent offenders. the social standing only agrivates a potential into action slightly more. enactogenic drugs demonstrate how imporant the biological factor is and what is possible

that is not what a schizophrentic is. a schizoprentic is someone who talks to themselves and their radio all of the time, chain smokes, is socially ackward, and tends not to shower or wipe their asshole after taking a shit and often smells like shit, cannot hold a job or function and is cognitively damaged
                The pieces are coming together.
                People who are rather more than six feet tall and nearly as broad across the shoulders often have uneventful journeys. People jump out at them from behind rocks then say things like, "Oh. Sorry. I thought you were someone else."

Comment

Actually, I thought a small % of those who are gay find the social stigma unbearable and manage to act as if they are straight.

This is not, however, to say that such a forced orientation is good, desirable, or should be attempted over accepting that you are gay.
                  - k2

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
                    I liked girls way before puberty.
                    So does Bilbo.

Comment

Science continues to prove that sexual preference and homosexuality is completely 100% Generic.

I am strait -- Not that there's anything wrong with that.
                      That's the biggest lie i've ever heard in my life!! First of all you can't compare the social interaction between fruit flies to the ones that happen between humans. As well as i may believe that genetic's might have some influence in your life i would never actually believe they can decide something like that entirely. There might be some cases where that might apply but in most cases it doesn't. Society nowadays has a much more influence in your actions than any genetic code you might have, thinking otherwise is opening doors to a deterministic point of view about your own life, something that has been placed aside ages ago by some of the most proficient philosophers.
                      Last edited by Arikel; 06-06-2005, 01:48 PM.
                      A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by Twerp
                        There's no way that genetics have anything to do with choices in humans. That's just my belief. It's like saying our future is already mapped out and we have no say in it.
                        Did you fail Biology in your freshman/sophmore year of High School? If you studied genetics, it clearly states that what your features and anything involving your sex will be in the future. Yeah, its possible that an environment can affect your thoughts of homosexuality and being straight, but not so much as to totally change your ideas (or atleast it shouldnt, if it does you need help). Our future isnt mapped out, just our characteristics and gender. Your characteristics such as hair color, eye color, gender were decided literally as you first became a cell in your mother. Yes, genetics does have to do with choices also. Take me for example, my father has ALOT of pride, and because of that i do too. Its genetics.
                        Girl if it's alright,
                        100%.

Comment

U IDIOT WHY DID U POST THIS NOW XOG CAN SAY ITS NOT HIS FAULT.....
                          Big Chill

Comment

Hahaha Kyace made a funny!
                            Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
                            1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
                            1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
                            1:Chao <ER>> at all
                            1:Mantra-Slider> chao
                            1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
                            Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
                            Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

Why is it ok to say that genetics determines sexual preference but I can't suggest that genetics predetermines that women are worse at math and science? There is more of a difference between women and men than straight and gay men.

Reason: it is ok to defend/research/legislate equality but not inequality no matter what the facts or truths are.

<end troll>

Comment

Originally posted by Kyace
                                The pieces are coming together.
                                HAH good one with my schizo quote. i knew schizos
                                Last edited by Tone; 06-06-2005, 03:35 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X