The Smirnoff Guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Smirnoff Guy

dont know whether you get these ads in the U.S. but you know Uri? the russian dude off the smirnoff adverts

is he real?

i stumbled across this when scouring the web, I always thought he was just a gimik until i saw this, judge for yourself

http://www.uriplanet.com/blogpage.html
    Jarlson of> if this game was a girl i would jerk off to it every night

nopcode> sometimes get mates round, have a few beers and play this yes
    oNe-t> YEAH
    nopcode> before going out
    funfunfun> god the fun never stops does it

MageWarrior> I'm so sexy, frog makes me lapdance for him daily

I'm sorry, but: Engage brain then post

Edit: For those of you who aren't from the UK - Smirnoff have a range of alcopops called Smirnoff Ice and are currently marketing them by using a character simply known as Uri who lives in the Artic Circle.
    1. URI DOESN'T EXIST. ITS A MARKETING STRATEGY.
    2. How the fuck is that a personal site? The photos are from a professional photo shoot, you have to enter your country of origin and most importantly your age, you have to agree to a set of terms and conditions, and the site is legally bound to advocate sensible drinking
    3. There is a pop up that says; We need to ask you these questions as this site promotes Smirnoff Ice®, an alcoholic drink.
    4. An extract from the PRIVACY STATEMENT on the site:
    All references to 'our', 'us', 'we' or 'company' within this policy and within the opt-in notice are deemed to refer to Diageo plc , its subsidiaries, affiliates and associates.
    5. In the 'My Life' sections there are videos shot by a film crew
    6. You realise I can carry on until about 25?
    Last edited by ZeUs!!; 07-30-2005, 06:21 PM.
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

You mean that commericial where he says...

This is my home... then this my fridge, opens it and goes outside with snow everyone, pulls out a smirnoff ice and then goes sits by a friend on a lawn chair and turns on the stereo?

Is he for real? You mean a real russian? I doubt it.

Though I have to admit, a smirnoff ice is a nice drink in the summer.

Comment

i suppose it is a nice drink, your spot on there

wouldnt mind living in Uri's place neither, boiling in my house at the moment

oNe-t> YEAH

Comment

I like the character. It's funny, since I'm not Russian. Otherwise I'd probably be annoyed at the stereotype.

He kinda sounds like he's pretending to be Dracula, though. It's not a very good fake accent.

"Jellooo, my name ees Uri, and I vant to suck your blood. Blaah ahh ahh ahhhhh."

Comment

Promotional strategy, as Zeus said. Come on scum.

Comment

So, what's your view on the original, is it Smirnoff or Smirnov? =/
              5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
              5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
              5: Da1andonly> =((
              5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
              5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
              5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

The kid with the mother doing all sorts of energetic stuff after drinking pro-biotic stuff is real though.

Comment

Post A.)

This "Mr. Smirnoff" guy adverts interest me. I dunno why, but I think they'd like a better spokesperson than "Matt Kenseth" from Nascar. Uri sounds alot cooler than him as well.

This sucks, they don't play these adverts in the states. Probably out of some bullshit TV law that comes from "Children will drink Smirnoff if they see if on TV and kill everyone"

Post B.)

If they do run it in the states, I haven't seen it on TV, I probably missed it. Sounds interesting.
                  DELETED

Comment

it is stereotypical, the first one i saw was the one where his fridge was basically his garden that cracked me up, so did the accent, its either over the top or typically Russian

plus Jeansi, i think its Smirnoff as the origional

oNe-t> YEAH

Comment

two thoughts: one, they started playing these ads here, i think its interesting that all the ads for chick drinks are geared at males. i read an article somewhere a while ago that the government was looking into the marketing of the chick drinks because the primary drinkers of them were girls under 21. i think the ads featuring a burly guy for a drink that no guys drink enables smirnoff to say "look, we are marketing it towards guys, its not our fault teenage girls are the only people that drink it. for real, we think guys will at some point drink smirnoff ice." maybe in england guys drink that shit but here it just doesnt happen. in addition, most girls i know stopped drinking those things at some point before they turned 21, i dont know anyone of age that drinks them either.

two, i think there was a premium russian vodka called smirnov at some point. smirnoff vodka is made in the us and it sucks ass.
                      5:gen> man
                      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

Okay, I saw a couple of them, things are well with the world again.
                        DELETED

Comment

Smirnov IMO, scumbag. Original factory and all.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Hasn't Smirnoff Ice been out for ages? It has here at least... but we get no adds. The only alcohol adds we get are beer adds, supermarket adds that happen to sell wine, or adds in the student magazine. (literally, plastered over every second page)

Originally posted by Disliked
                            Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
                            +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

I think they genuinely are aimed at guys over here because there's a whole load of metrosexuality going on with pink shirts (sorry ilya) and highlights in their hair and it does my head in. There's really girly girl drinks like Archers and Bacardi Breezers and then there's 'lads drinks' such as WKD and smirnoff ice. There's also this really nasty stuff called VK or Vodka Kick which is £1.25 a bottle in Route 66 and gives you the 'vk shakes' the next morning (you can't hold your hand steady for the duration of your hangover), but my local corner shop sells 8 cans of Castlemaine for a fiver and crates of Stella for a tenner so top trumps to them!
                              Originally posted by Facetious
                              edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Working...
                              X