Hiroshima Remembered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Benno
    I am Japanese and I think both bombs were necessary and appropriate. Anyone who believes otherwise is truly ignorant of other cultures. Moral absolutism is a blindness that will do more harm than good in every case.
    But you've lived in America during your formative years so the Japanese thing doesn't really count
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

i'm sure the people who work in radioactive materials these days are itching to see what a full-grown bomb will do to a city.
      thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!!
        But you've lived in America during your formative years so the Japanese thing doesn't really count
        Why not? I've lived there long enough to see that the way culture there has evolved is alot better than extreme nationalism. I also feel more of a connection to the event the same way certain people in your country hate William Wallace. The fact is alot of people see it as a dasterdly deed done to a civillian population, not as a neccesary war winning decision. Why isn't the complete destruction (using conventional weapons) of Dresdon seen in the same light? Being killed by an atomic weapon isn't much worse than dieing from a normal munition.

Again the answer is cultural ignorance. Nobody sympathizes with Germany because their atrocities in Europe are well studied by westerners. Likewise nobody should sympathize with imperial Japan because of their atrocities in China and agasint POWs. The nazis were depraved fanatics that had to be stoped at any cost, so was the Japanese millitary industrial complex.

Oh and for anyone who questions why small fishing towns were chosen over "millitary targets", consider how much more devastating it would been to a post war nation if their industrial infrastructure had been completly destroyed.
        SIGNATURE PROTEST: KEEP THE SHORT FFS

Comment

In 1946, 88% of American agreed with dropping those bombs. 79% of Euro agreed with it. 82% of British agreed.
          Plus they didn't know the full extent of the damage (radiation, mostly) that the bombs would cause.

Originally posted by Disliked
          Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
          +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
            Plus they didn't know the full extent of the damage (radiation, mostly) that the bombs would cause.
            Caused. They were dropped in 1945.
            Originally posted by Jeenyuss
            sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Oh right, it says 1946. Hehe, ah well. All I'm saying is, I'm sure all 80% of them read into it all.

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

remember the 4 star general who got fired for 'adultery'? he was the one charge of the nuke drill set for the 17th

Comment

Working...
                X