Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pat Robertson is a douche.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20050823/..._assassination

VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. - Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson has suggested that American agents assassinate Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez to stop his country from becoming "a launching pad for communist infiltration and Muslim extremism."

An official of a theological watchdog group on Tuesday criticized Robertson's statement as "chilling."

"We have the ability to take him out, and I think the time has come that we exercise that ability," Robertson said Monday on the Christian Broadcast Network's "The 700 Club."

"We don't need another $200 billion war to get rid of one, you know, strong-arm dictator," he continued. "It's a whole lot easier to have some of the covert operatives do the job and then get it over with."

Chavez has emerged as one of the most outspoken critics of President Bush, accusing the United States of conspiring to topple his government and possibly backing plots to assassinate him. U.S. officials have called the accusations ridiculous.

"You know, I don't know about this doctrine of assassination, but if he thinks we're trying to assassinate him, I think that we really ought to go ahead and do it," Robertson said. "It's a whole lot cheaper than starting a war ... and I don't think any oil shipments will stop."

On Tuesday, critics objected to Robertson's statements.

"It's absolutely chilling to hear a religious leader call for the murder of any political leader, no matter how much he disagrees with such a leader's policies or practices," said the Rev. Barry Lynn, executive director of Americans United for Separation of Church and State.

David Brock, president of Media Matters, a liberal media watchdog group, said the remarks should discredit Robertson as a spokesman for the religious right.

Robertson, 75, founder of the Christian Coalition of America and a former presidential candidate, accused the United States of failing to act when Chavez was briefly overthrown in 2002.

A Robertson spokeswoman, Angell Watts, said he would not do interviews Tuesday and had no statement elaborating on his remarks.

A call seeking comment from the U.S. State Department was not immediately returned Tuesday.

Chavez was believed to be in Cuba, but his whereabouts were unknown and no media access was announced.

In Caracas, pro-Chavez legislator Desire Santos Amaral accused Robertson of shedding his Christian values.

"This man cannot be a true Christian. He's a fascist," Santos said. "This is part of the policies of aggression from the right wing in the North against our revolution."

Santos said she thinks U.S.-Venezuelan relations could still improve but comments by "charlatans and fascists" like Robertson only get in the way.

Venezuela is the fifth largest oil exporter and a major supplier of oil to the United States. The CIA estimates that U.S. markets absorb almost 59 percent of Venezuela's total exports.

Venezuela's government has demanded in the past that the United States crack down on Cuban and Venezuelan "terrorists" in Florida who they say are conspiring against Chavez.

Robertson has made controversial statements in the past. In October 2003, he suggested that the State Department be blown up with a nuclear device. He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."

---

Douche of the year award. I'm not trying to link his idiotic claims as the claims of all christians, or trying to say that all christians are blood-thirsty, I'm just pointing out that he's a douche. I don't believe for a minute that he speaks for the majority of Christians, or that alot of christians act this way. This isn't a christian bashing thread, this is a pat roberston bashing thread and if you try to make fun of chrisitans or their religion for this than you are a douche as well.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

He might have something about the women practicing witchcraft :P

What an idiot -_-

Comment

Last week he was praying to God on his show for the remaining liberal judges to be killed so those seats could be filled with neocons.

Edit: This guy doesn't think before talking.
      Last edited by Kolar; 08-24-2005, 02:51 AM.

Comment

That guy makes me pee. And the 700 club makes me sick.
        Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

wow...someone do humanity a favour and put him in a dark cave with only a cross and a bible. Then we'll see if his "God" helps him or not :turned:
          Originally Posted by HeavenSent
          You won't have to wait another 4 years.
          There wont be another election for president.
          Obama is the Omega President.
          http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Very stupid thing to say, for one if you are going to take someone out don't warn them.

Oh well, he is like 75 and he has old school American mindset.

And Religious leaders shouldn't say things like this, they aren't Military leaders.

Comment

He has also said that feminism encourages women to "kill their children, practice witchcraft, destroy capitalism and become lesbians."
              I know women who practice witchcraft, are lesbians, etc. and they aren't feminists. he's just another nutjob who has the old people and the brainwashed people in his iron grip. And, he's not a true christian. Christianity is meant to be about love, and not killing.

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Yea, that guy is not a nutball, or a crazy fuck. He's a charlatan...an amoral fraud who takes advantage of people's faith and exploits it for political, and financial gain...

...kinda like the Catholic Church.

I think it's sad that people are so naive, or blinded by their own ideology as to not even see the hypocrisy right in front of their faces. Hello? Christians don't endorse murder? Go inside your local southern courthouse and read the Ten Commandments, you illiterate morons.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist

...kinda like the Catholic Church.

I think it's sad that people are so naive, or blinded by their own ideology as to not even see the hypocrisy right in front of their faces. Hello? Christians don't endorse murder? Go inside your local southern courthouse and read the Ten Commandments, you illiterate morons.
                  Why do you make me cry at night
                  My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Pat Robertson cleans dirty and unpleasant vaginas
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

im sure all the other religious leader type people from the middle east are saying the same about George W
                      Touch me, touch me now!

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue
                        Why do you make me cry at night
                        Really? I had no idea you were Catholic. Don't let the priests be "nice" to you. :fear:

Comment

Theif of Time, sure christianity is about love, but doesn't mean you have to be the village idiot or pansy.
                          It is always better to talk out (communicate) with your enemy, then just go straight to violence.

Christians aren't 2nd hand citizens, they have a right to defend themselves.

If someone threatens your life, by all means kill them.

One of the Commandants, is "You shall not murder!"

murder is not the entirely the same as kill

murder is killing someone in a peaceful time or planning to murder someone unjustly.

Many christians have went to war and had to kill, no choice.

As for what Pat said, he had no right to say this.
                          Many have learned from the past, that assassinating a leader of the enemy doesn't always kill the movement/power.

Some say if they killed Osama Bin Laden, it would not kill Al queda, it would still go on.

Comment

Originally posted by jesus=terrorist
                            Really? I had no idea you were Catholic. Don't let the priests be "nice" to you. :fear:
                            I'm not catholic but it seems you skipped over my whole " I'm not ragging on the church so please don't either " paragraph at the bottom of my post :turned:

Comment

Oh...Whoops. Plz forgive, vato. :P

Comment

Working...
                              X