The Singularity is Near

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zeus,
    Let's say ...ugh "hypotheticly speaking" ... you want to live in london centrum and you can get a job earning 40.000 pounds a year. Is this enough, alot, or not much? since i know everything is expensive in england..
    and, being a teacher, can ya find a job in england or are there enough teachers?
    thx

Comment

Some more reading material:
      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_%28Stargate%29

Tone is dumb. It's one thing to be intrested in advanced technology but if you don't under the basic scientific principals then it's nothing more then a passing intrest hopping to fill the knowledge gap. You'll see a lot of big names in Hollywood doing this because most of them are high school drop outs. If he has that knowledge, why he doesn't find a better medium then this forum or shows that knowledge and understanding here is beyond me.
      Last edited by Kolar; 09-23-2005, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL
        zeus,
        Let's say ...ugh "hypotheticly speaking" ... you want to live in london centrum and you can get a job earning 40.000 pounds a year. Is this enough, alot, or not much? since i know everything is expensive in england..
        and, being a teacher, can ya find a job in england or are there enough teachers?
        thx
        £40,000 is a comfortable wage. Graduates tend to start at around £20,000, and school-leavers even less than that. However the cost of living in Lonond is more than the rest of the country, and be careful what you mean by central London as Hackey and parts of East London come under the catagory of central London and they have serious problems there, and serious problem children.

There is a teaching crisis in England, especially in London, as the teaching profession has come in for a lot of stick recently, with many complaining of being overworked. There is a ridiculous amount of paperwork involved, and the government and jobs are so scarce that they're trying to entice foreign teachers in (ie you), and are currently in the middle of an advertising campaign to get people teaching
        Originally posted by Facetious
        edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar
          Some more reading material:
          http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_%28Stargate%29

Tone is dumb. It's one thing to be intrested in advanced technology but if you don't under the basic scientific principals then it's nothing more then a passing intrest hopping to fill the knowledge gap. You'll see a lot of big names in Hollywood doing this because most of them are high school drop outs. If he has that knowledge, why he doesn't find a better medium then this forum or shows that knowledge and understanding here is beyond me.
          You see Kolar, Tone thinks that he's doing everyone here a favor with these posts, some sort of "good deed". Tone thinks that everyone here is uneducated and needs to be taught the "truth". He's one of the most condescending trolls I've ever seen.
          (ZaBuZa)>sigh.. i been playing this game since i was 8... i am more mature then ull ever be...

Comment

FCUK
            O F F
            T O N E

Comment

Dammit Kolar thats SG atlantis, I've been waiting for that to come out but it hasn't yet and now I know about some stuff that happens and asdfsdfsdfsdfsdhgdhgf

Originally posted by Disliked
              Imagine a world without morals... it would be like the tw community
              +++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Comment

Originally posted by Theif of Time
                Dammit Kolar thats SG atlantis, I've been waiting for that to come out but it hasn't yet and now I know about some stuff that happens and asdfsdfsdfsdfsdhgdhgf
                Just download it, it's already on season 2 episode 10 now. There's enough torrents out there of it. SG1 covers most of that really in season 9. It's still good to read that, before or after because at the start of season 9 they really confused the plot.

It's a real superiority issue with him Kont. There's nothing left to do with him but make fun of him and his crazy links, I've given up on him and Spinsanity personally.

Comment

uhh, i don't know much about einstein, but Singularity is a guy on my squad!? :greedy:
                  Singularit> Ive seen old men do alot of scary shit
                  Beasts> ur grandpa always runs around on ice singu?
                  Unorthadox> LMAO
                  Unorthadox> LMFAO
                  Singularit> mine does
                  Singularit> but hes ubergrandpa
                  Unorthadox> ROFL

Comment

i am a robot..
                    LoPIST> i have tons of leet freinds

Comment

a human robot?

Comment

never heard of this
                        The Singularity refers to the point at which technology transcends natural biology.
                        i always thought of a singularity as the point in a black hole where the laws of physics break down. Been a while and i've a feeling this theory has been replaced.

I've no idea why they are using the word singularity to try and describe the point at which technology transcends natural biology, seems wrong to me. Oh wait its a Sci-fi book, they try and make it sound exciting.

I see no point in this thread?

wtf are you asking tone??
                        Are you just doing some free publicity work?
                        Or are you asking our opinions?
                        In my world,
                        I am King

sigpic

Comment

shutupshutupshutup
                          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

go to a thread with a point to it then, like Ilyas "Thread Where _______" Series or Jesus =Terrorist threads.

Next week's post: Katrina & Rita: Inside Jobs? Evidence of Weather Modification?. All new this thursday. Dont miss it!

Comment

You can't be serious.
                              Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                              sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

He's not. everyone knows for a fact that terrorists have masterminded butterfly distribution.
                                Seriously though, He may be reffering to the evacuation and emergency services, rather than the hurricanes being an inside job.

Comment

Working...
                                X