No announcement yet.

Working Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5'8, 148 pounds and some change. I'll be hitting 150 by Halloween.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

No, I realize you're in shape, you're just not in RUNNING shape

Those are basically calf stretches. For the gastroc you lean against an object or a wall and your leg that you're stretching is back from the wall, your heel against the floor and your other leg is like flexing between the wall and the back leg and you straighten your back and slowly lean forward until you feel it stretch your calf muscle, and you need to keep it 90 degrees

For the other one it's very similar to the gastroc but you start in like a sitting position and your legs are bent and your bum is dropped and you lean into the wall until you feel it stretch

Good stretches

Take pilates, it's way better than yoga.

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
      3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
      3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
      1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
      BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
      Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

I'm too poor to pay for a gym membership so as often as I can I'll go running on the field behind my house and maybe do some press-ups and sit-ups in my house,

seems to work pretty well but I can't stop eating so if I were to stop exercising, I'd pile the pounds on.

Comment

I feel so out of shape reading this thread. All I do is pushups every day.
          Jesus Christ on a pogo stick

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts
            seems to work pretty well but I can't stop eating
            See, I don't understand that

How can you not stop eating?

3:Mega Newbie> bam ashlee whats wrong taking nude pictures???
            3:Mega Newbie> its an art!!!!!!!!
            3:Mega Newbie> only jealous girls and gays dont like it!!

-

1:megaman89> WOW IF U WERE TRAPPED IN A FIRE I WOULD RUN AND SAVE U ASH
            1:Cape> then ud throw her back when she says she still isnt givin it up

-

tim> .?squad tim
            BAM__ Ashl> ?squad tim
            Squad: timo<3ashlee

-

MODERATOR WARNING: bam__ Ashlee is a sex machine -Mithrandia <ER>

Comment

Heavy Squats are the best leg workout by far. There are many good biceps exercises. Just be careful that you don’t over train. Eat, rest, and workout hard, they are all as important. Whoever said you get good biceps by bench press must do the exercise in a very funny way, lol. If you are strong enough, you should start doing plyometric exercises since they build great power (speed+strenght). Creatine, vitamins&minerals and protein powder are also recommended unless you are taking the more effective stuff then you can skip the creatine.

Here is a site about plyometrics but if you are a runner, you probably already know all about it. http://www.weightsnet.com/Docs/plyometrics.html

Comment

If your going to work on the Triceps and Biceps, just keep in mind that the Tricep has 3 heads to the muscle. The Bicep has two heads to this muscle.

Just working out these muscles doing a standard bicep curl, preachers or tricep kickbacks or pushdowns and so on will only help the muscle tone itself in one way. In order to achieve the maximum benefits, try doing certain exercises with alternate grips, such as a pronated, neutral or supinated grip.

The point is to exercise the entire bicep as well as tricep muscles.

For leg workouts, usually if you do them correct, you will only work them once a week. Arms can be fatigued and worked on every other day. Legs unfortunately do not recover as quickly.

Creatine is somewhat bogus...unless your looking to bulk up and create muscle mass. It also should be taken prior to your workouts and not post or at random times of the day. You would get better reults from taking Coral Calcium over creatine, as it would allow you to build bone mass while working out. Bone structure before muscle mass

Don't forget your obliques and abdominals!

Workout your legs on one day, chest and back on another, throw a day of cardio, using perhaps a elliptical machine for 30 - 60 mins another day & hit the arms everyday in between. Also ...wrist curls and shrugs are extra add on's to think about. Some like to do all push exercises one day and pulls on the next...this can be done as well as working front one day and back the next...mix it up after a few weeks as your muscles will become acclimated to a repetitive workout regimine.

Diet is also a thing to think about...count your caloric intake as well as figure out what your BMI (Body Mass Index) is, so you can monitor your progress.

I no longer work in the health/fitness field, but if you need help let me know. Personal trainers are a dime a dozen anymore.
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                  Creatine is somewhat bogus...unless your looking to bulk up and create muscle mass. It also should be taken prior to your workouts and not post or at random times of the day.
                  Creatine doesn’t let you bulk up and create muscle mass it makes your muscles store more water, thus it will boost your strength a few percent, so you can work out harder. Of course, by being able to train harder you’ll be able to get more strength and muscle mass. At the beginning you shouldn’t just take it before the workouts, of course you won’t see results then, you have to load up your muscles with creatine first, the whole point in taking creatine is so your muscles will store more water. Another thing, take it for a few weeks and then be sure to rest a few weeks before you start again, otherwise the effect will decrease. The creatine boosters’ work pretty good I think.

Comment

What he said about creatin. And it also makes you recover faster.
                    I would've given you some tips on this, but the exercise and all those things got different names in Norwegian, so I cant be bothered to translate.

Haven't been working out for 2 months, 5'9, 185ish lbs when I weighed myself just now, need to go down to 165 lbs or so.
                    DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                    Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                    Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                    -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

^ well first of all you should ask for professional advice if you are going to get into creatine, i wouldn't recommend you to start lifting heavy weights if you are not fully developed yet. You would be charging your body with to much weight to soon. Well if you are going into mega mass or creatine or whatever supplements you wish to take seek some professional advice, those kind of things make muscles grow up really fast, i usually see guys at the gym who get more and more muscles each passing month, its not a good or pretty thing.

Originally posted by Blanke
                      Does anyone here run and/or lift at a gym?

Could anyone give me advice on working out the biceps, and how to work out the legs really well too?

Right now, I squat, hamstring curl, and calf raise (well, the sitting machine) to keep my legs track-worthy. I need to start running like crazy before the season starts.

Help! And what's the best workout to get back into running shape, I'm a bit topheavy right now.

The best workout will most likely be the worst-feeling one.

Feel free to post your questions.

Well if you are lifting weights going to a yoga class wouldn't do you much good... since you are constantly contracting your muscles in order to gain more strenght and in yoga you need to have your muscles relaxed enough to have the flexibility you need. Take one step at a time and don't exercise like a horse <_< and first of all seek some professional help choosing your exercises, you can have some problems who might restrict you from performing some exercises. Well i would sugest you aerobics or cardiofunk since i have already gave some classes but you already said you are not much into it, try some body combat, it really increases your stamina and reduces all the fatty stuff ^-^ . Jogging and running is great if you going to do that just be sure not to do some huge swings on your blood sugar levels, this means don't skip meals and try to eat more times a day. Well about the exercises just do the regular stretches its not like you need to spend 2 hours but never do it without proper warm up or you might get some problems, then go to a nearby park turn on your ipod and run for a while, do that several days a week and you will be fine.
                      A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by R1pp3r
                        Creatine doesn’t let you bulk up and create muscle mass it makes your muscles store more water, thus it will boost your strength a few percent, so you can work out harder. Of course, by being able to train harder you’ll be able to get more strength and muscle mass. At the beginning you shouldn’t just take it before the workouts, of course you won’t see results then, you have to load up your muscles with creatine first, the whole point in taking creatine is so your muscles will store more water. Another thing, take it for a few weeks and then be sure to rest a few weeks before you start again, otherwise the effect will decrease. The creatine boosters’ work pretty good I think.
                        Your body naturally makes the compound, which is used to supply energy to your muscles. It is produced in the liver, pancreas, and kidneys, and is transported to the body's muscles through the bloodstream. Once it reaches the muscles, it is converted into phosphocreatine (creatine phosphate). This high-powered metabolite is used to regenerate the muscles' ultimate energy source, ATP (adenosine triphosphate).

creatine can significantly increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks. It is also responsible for improving performance in high-intensity exercise, increasing energy levels, and speeding up recovery rates. Recovery is usually needed for post heavy workouts as well as those not in shape that may be succeptable to Lactic Acid build up in the muscles. Thats the post burn feeling you get when you have a build up of Lactic Acid.

They have proved that creatine increased energy levels, resulting in increased strength, endurance levels, and recovery rates. Another unexpected benefit attributed to creatine was discovered as well: creatine accelerates fat loss, while building lean body mass!

This occurs because creatine has the effect of super-hydrating muscle cells with water. It enhances muscles' growth too-making muscle fibers bigger and stronger.

There are Type-A & Type-B muscles. One grows at a rapid rate and the other does not. You may see these people at the gym that work out for two months and get instant results & then there are the ones that work out every other day for months on end with little to no results. One cannot change there genetic muscle structures from Type-A to Type-B or visa vers...your just born with it!
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

This past summer, i weighed approximately 175 pounds. I found out this diet program that is really effective. It deals mostly with calorie intake and outtake. It uses your weight and height to calculate the number of caloires that you burn just doing nothing. Then it gives u a list of everyday activities, it showes the number of caloires each activity burns. The trick is to put out more than u take it. I used that routine over the course of 3 months. Each week weighing myself to see what i lost. To this day i weigh 155.3 pounds. Oh, you also need to eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner. You cant skip meals.

I ran everyday as well, and cut my mile time down by 2 minutes. Now i lift M W F and max 185

Comment

i go to a rocky sort of gym, £2.20 cant go rong, my six pack is nearly back, *HERCULES*

Comment

i work out 3 times a week, and started to dropset today. god damn im going to feel that tomorrow.
                              so if you want advice on working out, start using dropsets.

in the summer i also use my bike to work. 12,5 km each way. great work out!

and by the way blanke, aerobic are the best thing ever. its you, as the only guy, and 20 pairs of boobs jumping up and down.. you cant really complain in that situation.
                              Throughout time, there’s been
                              crimes, throughout our history
                              But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                              Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                              Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                              Come on and take a stand
                              Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                              and all the kids are running
                              from London to Manchester
                              cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
                                There are Type-A & Type-B muscles. One grows at a rapid rate and the other does not. You may see these people at the gym that work out for two months and get instant results & then there are the ones that work out every other day for months on end with little to no results. One cannot change there genetic muscle structures from Type-A to Type-B or visa vers...your just born with it!
                                Go Type-B! the Type-A are sissys.
                                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X