Working Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
    creatine can significantly increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks.
    Yes, this is the bogus part. If it said that creatine would increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks it would be a little more trustworthy, now I don‘t know where you read that but I presume it‘s from some manufacturer. It’s pretty much impossible to significantly increase lean muscle mass in only two weeks. Even with strong anabolic steroids, you will just notice the water retention after that short amount of time. Nevertheless, creatine works well because of the water retention, but you shouldn’t expect any miracles.

Whoever said he should ask about professional advice is right. Most people here doesn’t know what they are talking about and you shouldn’t take things written here seriously. Why not ask someone at the gym?

Comment

Actually, the school I go to recently got a trainer to supervise the weightroom because his son started going to the school. I've learned almost everything I know from him.

404, is that workout you're talking about the opposing muscles more or less, because I did that over the summer and I gained quite a bit of power (not muscle or weight <_< )that way, even though I neglected my weight. I gained strength through regular eating, although I was taking Flinstone vitamins for awhile :P . I did try to consumer more protein when I could though while trying to avoid the tasty fat.

I guess I should go back to my healthy diet and try to avoid everything bad for me, it'd help me too because I'm starting to get acne again from eating poorly. No more fries and grease <_<

Can someone validate this red blood cells versus white blood cells thing? Zannatti and someone else were blabbing about it at tourny one day, and both arguments were kind of weak. Hah, i shouldjust google it.
      boo...:eek:

Comment

I don't know why you guys who weigh around 170 want to LOSE weight. You guys should be beefing up. I'm 6'1 and i weight about 195 and the last thing I want to do is lose weight.

Blanke what exactly are you looking for? Would you like to build muscle mass or strength? If you want to build mass, try doing a little bit less weight and more reps, around the 8-12 range. Drop sets also work really well, and you'll definitely be feeling the burn after. If you are looking to get extremely strong, put on more weight so that 5-8 reps is your max. You won't feel it as much but you will get strong, fast.

You probably already know how much protein you should be eating. Just take you're body weight and try to eating 1-1.5 times as much as that in grams of protein. So if you weight 170 try to eat 200 grams of protein. But trust me, this is EXTREMELY hard. I've tried to get 200+ grams of protein in a day while trying to maintain at least a somewhat normal diet. The only way it is possible is to put protein powder in just about everything you can (drinks, yogurt) and eat a shitload of tuna and lean chicken or turkey. Also try taking multivitamins, calcium pills, and omega 3 acid pills. Fat isn't as bad as you think it is, people take omega-3 acid pills (which are pure fat) to slim down. If you stick to good fats like monounsaturates, or even better, polyunsaturates, you should actually be speeding up your metabolism and losing fat. Also try eating 6 small meals a day (also very hard!!), it will speed up your metabolism too.
        I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

No one here works out. Stop lying.

('cept Ilyaz.)
          Originally posted by Jeenyuss
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

i always get a boner when i work out its so awesome
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

I'm just looking to see if anyone knew any effective leg exercises; I'm trying to get ready to run track next season.

I know what to do to keep my body in shape, but there's always advice out there to help.

I think I can do a lot of weight, and I'm worried about getting too big right now.

I'm trying to slim down because I actually do have a little fat to take off--I used to be porky when I was younger. Also, weighing a little less, or gaining a little more leg muscle would tremendously help my speed.

Comment

stand on your tippie toes for like 5 minutes
                can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

What the deuce?

Oh, I have heard of plyometrics, and I do participate in them at school. The trainer is 1337 fo shizzle $$

Comment

i was deadlifting, benching and squatting this summer. got up to 415, 195 and 315 respectively. now i just bench, cuz my lower body is already a powerhouse without working on em, by contrast upper body needs more work so i just do bench/dumbbells/upper body machines + i take protein after workouts, usually twice a week now.

i like running on the Precor Elliptical machine, it looks gay but it works, used it this summer to lose some weight. i refuse to run again until i get an ipod tho, too boring.

BTW: UMaine's gym fucking blows, the machines suck and I hate it.
                    top 100 basers list

Comment

Originally posted by R1pp3r
                      Yes, this is the bogus part. If it said that creatine would increase lean muscle mass in just two weeks it would be a little more trustworthy, now I don‘t know where you read that but I presume it‘s from some manufacturer. It’s pretty much impossible to significantly increase lean muscle mass in only two weeks. Even with strong anabolic steroids, you will just notice the water retention after that short amount of time. Nevertheless, creatine works well because of the water retention, but you shouldn’t expect any miracles.

Whoever said he should ask about professional advice is right. Most people here doesn’t know what they are talking about and you shouldn’t take things written here seriously. Why not ask someone at the gym?
                      Was actually from the NSCA on creotine.

I also do not go by the two week theory, unless your looking to increase in size & depending on your regimine/workout, it can be possible.

If your looking for endurance type exercise w/results, then the use of creotine is useless. Maybe in a strength/hypertrophy regimine would it be in your favor.
                      May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

i've started to do some running. mostly because when I don't play sport at school i have lots of excess energy and I thought it'd be cool to get fit so i can last longe playing football. i'm also starting to get a beer belly.

any tips of any kind?

i usually run (turns into a jog) for about 20-25 minutes non-stop

Comment

Sit-ups, less beer, running and eating healthier. If you want to have your abs actually show through, you're going to need a low percentage body fat. I'm not talking starving yourself, simply eat right, keep running/up the sit-ups and eventually you'll have a washboard stomach.
                          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by NaiLed
                            i've started to do some running. mostly because when I don't play sport at school i have lots of excess energy and I thought it'd be cool to get fit so i can last longe playing football. i'm also starting to get a beer belly.

any tips of any kind?

i usually run (turns into a jog) for about 20-25 minutes non-stop
                            OMG!?! beer belly? how old are you? It's much more likely to be a Mc Donalds belly . Either way if you are looking for a fast way to lose weight you could try to do cardio exercises like running, bycicle maybe some aerobics , although running should do the trick. Never run to get to much wasted as that is not the most healthy way to lose weight, do all the warm up exercises before and the stretches after the training... above all if you ever feel something is wrongh stop imediatly as that might have some serious consequences, if you are going to practice some sports practice it in the right way... otherwise you might be injuring yourself, if you have some health problems seek some advice. Oh and keep your diet low on fatness and avoid skipping meals, try to eat as many times a day as you can but less food on each time.
                            A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

yeah, i've only got it in the last few months, and i haven't been eating much differently. i don't even like McDonalds..! as i say, it's only a bit fatty

i think i naturally eat quite healthy (well, not much junk food) anyway. i don't really have set meals msot of the time, too. so i guess i'm doing some things right without even thinking!

i forgot how nice it feels after doing some proper excerise too!

Comment

He's just running, you make it sound like he's climbing Mount Everest, it cant go wrong when you run, unless you fall.
                                DuelBot> You have defeated 'nessy' score: (20-11)
                                Nessy> i left for 3 years clean
                                Nessy> came back got on rampage, won twl, #1 in elim for 3 weeks, not even tryin, gg

1:King Baba> i know my name is King Baba, but you can call me Poseidon

I Luv Cook> I'll double penetrate your ass:/

Bitterness is like cancer. It eats upon the host. But anger is like fire. It burns it all clean.

Broaden your horizons, read my blog:
                                -> http://foldhesten.mybrute.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X