Working Out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RATTY...
    He's just running, you make it sound like he's climbing Mount Everest, it cant go wrong when you run, unless you fall.
    Or unless you have an hearth attack because you didn't knew you had a malformed hearth "happens more times than you might think..." or unless you have some problem in your vertebral column and it starts accing for the rest of your life and you have to spent your precious time in therapy or maybe if you have asma and you start having a crisis because you exercised to much, or maybe even those that have low blood pressure... besides that i don't see THAT much of a problem... you shouldn't forget that not everyone is 100% healthy and people should take precautions "even if it's just running" even if you are just 18. It's just a god damn exam it's not like you are going to lose huge amounds of money or lose to much time... make those exams get an appointment with a doctor specialized in sports medicine and that's it you are good to go.

EDIT he might even find something about you that you didn't previously knew so...
    Last edited by Arikel; 10-11-2005, 06:02 PM.
    A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

More water, less soda and beer if you didn't know already. I know some people that say they eat healthy, then chug like 3 cans of sprite/cola a day. Not trying to assume, just covering all bases for ya.
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

totally good point. i drink way too much coke. we must have literally about 40 litres of OJ (20 or so cartons- don't ask why, i don't know) so I guess i'll be drinking that and water instead. ha

Comment

Yea if you're going to be running and/or lifting and exercising alot, you will want to drink as much water as possible. It will keep you hydrated and other good stuff.

When you exercise, your body builds up heat, so you sweat to bring your body temperature back to normal. As sweat evaporates from your skin, your body cools. And through this cooling process, you can lose four cups of water every hour during exercise.

You need to make up for that water loss by drinking water before, during and after exercise. You'll become dehydrated if you don't drink enough water.
          http://www.extension.umn.edu/extensi...xercising.html
          My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Cut out soft drinks all together! Soda gut ack....also make sure you have a proper diet going. Breakfast Lunch & Dinner...the usuals...but add something in between, such as a handful of cherries, piece of fruit or anything small. Object is to keep the metabalism going! Largest meal should be breakfast and gradually each meal should become smaller. Also do not eat after 6 - 7 PM & especially before you go to sleep!! Your body will go into a state of homeostasis and therefore your metabolism will slow so that any foods eaten prior to sleep will not burn as energy, but turn to fat. Some would associate that to the college term of Freshman 10 or 20...when one goes to college they usually gain weight their 1st year if not gradually every year after while in school...reasons...beer & pizza at 12 midnight usually is a typical staple that helps this happen

Also keep in mind that a way to determine what a serving size is, can be done by making a fist. The size of your fist is an easy way to judge what size serving you should consume...not that it is scientific fact, but it does work. Just don't starve yourself, thinking it will help you lose weight...justthe opposite...metabolism will slow and when you do eat, your body will convert to fat for energy later, as it has been tricked into not knowing when the next meal will be.

read the labels...that breakfast muffin you just ate, may have said 3 servings on the label...but who looks at labels...and when looking at it, it was only one muffin! packaging/labels are very misleading.
            May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found
              read the labels...that breakfast muffin you just ate, may have said 3 servings on the label...but who looks at labels...and when looking at it, it was only one muffin! packaging/labels are very misleading.
              Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't get paranoid on that. Reading labels of everything you eat to know how many calories you ate and many you shouldn't have ate is the first step to not eating anything at all inch: it turns into serious and dangerous stuff after that <_<
              A kiss is a rosy dot over the 'i' of loving.

Cyrano de Bergerac

Comment

Originally posted by Arikel
                Noooooooooooooooooooooo! Don't get paranoid on that. Reading labels of everything you eat to know how many calories you ate and many you shouldn't have ate is the first step to not eating anything at all inch: it turns into serious and dangerous stuff after that <_<
                The point of reading the labels is to see what the serving sizes are along with the ingredients. Try to see if they have anything hydrogenated in them ...if so look to see if there is an alternate item that does not have this.

It's not to say you should be paranoid...quite the opposite...you should educate yourself and be aware of the different products available. Here's an example...next time you go down the isle at your grocery store. Check out the salad dressings and compare, for the sake of picking one kind, caesar dressing. Check out the varieties of Caesar and see what has the least saturated fats, sugars, preservatives...and so on. It's not like you have to stop eating due to labels, but compare them to other labels. It's not going to make you lose weight, but it will at least give your a better direction on what you putting into your body.

It's not just calories...it's a whole lot more of what is on the label to worry about!
                Last edited by 404 Not Found; 10-12-2005, 02:30 PM.
                May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

2 days ago i ran just shy over 7 miles in a hilly park

my calves hurt like a son of a bitch

then yesterday i did it again, and this time i didn't stretch, because im that badass

now when i get up and try to walk, i fall

its awesome. gonna do it again today. i hope to make my legs fall off by the end of the week
                  can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

So I haven't been running since I posted, but it's rainy.

I blame the poor weather for my lack of running.

With abs, you have to exercise them until they hurt. Even if you can't do it, take a break, and do them later, but you just have to do them in as many varied ways as possible.
                    boo...:eek:

Comment

for abs i seriously recommend Jaime Brenkus's 8 Minute Abs video. its super cheesy and old, but it works

do it every day and your abs will be maad toned. i used to do ~600-700 crunches a day and then i did this video for like 2 weeks and it was harder/better
                      can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Speaking of 8-minute abs, I was on a college tour at New York University, and they mentioned the 8 minute ab club they have there.

They meet once or twice a week to do 8 minute abs.

Afterwards they pool their money together and eat pizza.
                        boo...:eek:

Comment

my gym gave out free pizza, chocolate chip cookies, and fruit for like a week.

everyone took the fruit but i was like "you guys are dumb" and had 2 slices of pizza

Comment

I've gotten lazy and haven't ran in a while, mainly because its so cold, and by the time i get home from classes its dark. Only exercise I get is badminton but I can't go to today's badminton session because I have a concert to go to
                            ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                            Failure teaches success.

Comment

Originally posted by Saturn V
                              Maybe this guy will know.

And I only had to click 5 names to find some shirtless guy in the gallery.
                              he'd tell you to join the army
                              this is a dated signature

FREE GHB, PH
                              (:3=

Comment

My arms BURRRNN

On a good note, my 4-pack is coming back. Once I pick up running again I can probably get it to a 6-pack.

Question- Do any of you drink any protien shakes? If so, which brands do you use? I tried Muscle Milk about a year ago and didn't notice any positive effects besides having a bit more energy than normal.

Comment

Working...
                                X