Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are americans so fat? (serious topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's not entirely the fault of fast foods.

In part it's genetics, but largely it's because in america, unlike a good portion of the rest of the world, have an excess of food. That and because fat is cheaper than healthy foods.
    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
    TelCat> i dont

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Creager
      I'd just like to point out how much it sucks to always be exactly 150 pounds (give or take about 5) god damn my metabolic rate, I'd consider throwing more shit (aka food) at it, but I'm even more worried that it would just make it increase in speed while attaching little to none of the broken down materials to my body, much like it does at this point.
      I wouldn't mind being 150 pounds.
      i'm currently a little over 5'11" and 120 lbs (give or take 5 lbs).
      i've been at this weight for about 2+ years... i don't think its healthy.
      duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

I Blame The Fat People, Unless They Have A Genetic Disease Or Some Shit Then They're Just Lazy.

Comment

Haha... has anyone else seen those "My child is 2 and over 150 lbs!" episodes on Maury Povich? Freaking mothers feeding 1 1/2 year olds fried chicken and hamburgers and giving them root beer in a milk bottle. So insane.

Comment

Lol Face, normally I skip over Sirius.'s posts because he's so fucking stupid but that was actually funny in its stupidity. Guess that's why you Ruskies lost the Cold War, sucks to be poor.

Comment

if you wouldve asked me a few years ago i wouldve said metabolism plays the biggest part, the rest isn't as important.

but that was before i blew out my knee and wasnt able to excercise properly...

I put on lots of weight quickly, just because i was confined to walking with crutches for 6 months, after that I had a period of about another 6 months where i was just too "scared" to excersise properly (i.e. i didnt play football, rugby or icehockey anymore due to fears of blowing it again)

Then the army beckoned, during which time i was running around, crawling etc and lost a decent amount of weight, now im excercising regularly and losing the rest of the weight i gained after the operation.

Just get the kids out and about, reinstate PE in school, and parents should encourage the kids to play some sports extracurricularly.
              Limit the amount of time spent infront of TV or computer, and get them to join the swimteam or something.
              Displaced> I get pussy every day
              Displaced> I'm rich
              Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
              Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
              Thors> prolly
              Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

The most effective thing to do is to raise the kids to be sporty BEFORE they get fat. A shame some just can't do it because they aren't sporty themselves.
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

Displaced, the amount of physical activity you get rather directly affects your metabolism. Of course you would get bigger if you kept the same or even varying amounts less of intake while not being able to do the activities you used to, the metabolism is forced to slow down at the point because you body is not exerting the work that demands the food to be turned into and used as energy.

Project Dragon, yes that is pretty skinny, but that could just be your natural body type and isn't necessarily unhealthy, while the quacks of our wonderful medical industry will tell you differently, the truth is, what is an idea weight is not purely based on a person's height, it is more likely based and resulting from the genes decision of what the individuals weight should be. The mind may also be able to decide these things, but this can but hurtful to the body and metabolism when supposed ideals of weight are shoved into one's face.

Winnie, I suppose 150 isn't bad, but I pretty much wish I could get to 300, and I do bodybuild somewhat, or rather used to but have been slacking while I work on certain things, but if I were at 300, my legs would be soo huge! I'd probably be able to jump onto buildings with such thighs. The thing about pumping myself up though, I still remained at the same weight even though my body became more toned. However this is most likely because of the fact I often do not get to eat as much as I would like (I'm extremely picky about food) or as often as I have the desire or possibly even need to, the thing about it is, I really can't afford to eat as I like because my metabolism is a bit quick as it is, I'm rather scared of causing it to turn lightspeed on me on accident and end up having to piss as soon as I drink something instead of like 5 to 10 minutes later (give or take the time I hold it to take care of something I'd be focused on).
                  sage

Comment

They took PE out of school? What the fuck? Kids can't play dodgeball now? Kickball?
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Emaho
                      If you make ppl addicted to something like sugar, ppl will buy it.
                      if only that was possible. There is no such thing as a food addiction.
                      the price is right, bitch.

Comment

simple answer:

influence on american lifestyles. we indulge in whatever we want (as stated by the constitution) and some people indulge too much.

i'm 6'1" 175. by no means a monster. i think to just ask "why are americans so fat?" is just fueling a stereotype.
                        PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Efficiency not 'americanization', is fueling people to go for fast food/premade meals over cooked/home made food, people generally don't consider what they eat anyways. Never in the history of our species has food been more available or abundant as well.

Comment

besides Maury Povich and those 200 lb 2 year olds.... I think that one of the major factors that contribute to people being overweight--is... the portion size of meals. Most people are taught to eat everything on the plate... and restaurants nowadays put enough food to feed an entire family on a single plate.

This is how I lost my weight. I used to be overweight, but I realized that I shouldn't eat so much at one time and I lost about 60 pounds when I stopped doing so. It doesn't matter what you eat, but how much you eat. If you eat 5 bags of carrots a day--you will still be an obese mother ******.

Comment

You cant say that its video games cause people in europe play more than most people in the us, particularly in scandanavia where its too damn cold outside to do anything else, and theres nothing to do anyway. I think that its how the culture deals with it. Distort summed it up pretty much when he talked about how they cant even play dodgeball cause they dont want to make people feel bad. The same applies to school system bumping up people who shouldnt really on an academic level be there (No child left behind I believe is the name of that).

America sadly has a zero accountability mindset for everything. Thats why ridiculous lawsuits are filed every other day and usually it seems like people are winning them (MY DAMN COFFEE JUST BURNT ME, ITS YOUR FAULT CAUSE THERE WASNT A CAUTION: HOT ON IT). Instead of someone saying that they shouldnt be eating that unhealthily, they just will place the blame on a company for making a fattening food. That way I guess they don't feel so bad about doing it to themselves. Before this was just a problem with black people blaming the white man for all that was wrong with them, so no one cared, but in the last 20 or so years everyone else in America has started to just blame everyone else for their own shortcomings.
                              I'm just a middle-aged, middle-eastern camel herdin' man
                              I got a 2 bedroom cave here in North Afghanistan

Comment

just a quick note; atleast compared to Finland, restaurants in the US use much more "fat" when boiling stuff etc.

And izor, I don't think 25 degrees celsius is that cold..
                                Originally Posted by HeavenSent
                                You won't have to wait another 4 years.
                                There wont be another election for president.
                                Obama is the Omega President.
                                http://wegotstoned.blogspot.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X