Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are americans so fat? (serious topic)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My mom recently visited the States and told me that she found it hard to find a decent breakfast. I think it's certainly a big thing in American fatness with the pancakes and all the suryp and cream, white bread, bacon, eggs etc.

last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Coz the kids think it's cool:

I don't think it's anything to do with diet, because I have the shittest diet out of everyone I know, and i'm in good shape. And I don't think it's to do with excercise, coz I do fuck all, and i'm in good shape. Maybe it's Bush's fault?
      Last edited by Rab; 04-09-2006, 08:09 AM.

Comment

When I was at Universal Studios in Florida there were kids too fat to walk by themselves so they went everywhere riding motorized carts, what the hell is that all about.
        I AM NOT AN ANIMAL

Comment

Your a bunch of Mcdonalds munching lazy fucking yanks that do nothing that doesn't involve money, thats why. BRING IT BITSCHES!
          7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
          7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
          7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
          7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
          1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

money makes the world go around, well obviously not canadians!! HOHOHHOHOHOHO, THEY GOT THERE FUCKING HOCKEY AY?

Comment

Saddens me that back when I was in high school, there would be people who would get these letters from their parents to give to their P.E. teachers to have them excused by obligatory P.E. class. Needless to say, these people were very physically unfit and generally looked unhealthy.
              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
              Failure teaches success.
              . â–²
              ▲ ▲

Comment

Obesity isn't so much created by the surrounding, but the invidiual instead. Everyday a human makes a ton of choises, and choosing what to eat is only one of them. Today we're all looking for the easy,quick,best way to get outta things, and well, thats why we are as we are today.
                ex. instead of walking to school (20minutes) we decide to take a bus/get a drive.
                ex. instead of making our lunch for school, we tend to buy lunch from fast food restaurants.
                ex. we'd rather watch an hour of TV then jog or work out for 30minutes.
                ex. playing video games instead of playing outside.

A reply to Jonesy's post... What you said is half true half false. If I only eat mcdonalds everyday, but not a lot..i'll gain weight. Even though its not a 'supersize'd' meal, i'll still take in all those unnecessary calories. The best way to lose weight is to remain active during the year, at least 3 times a week for 30minutes. Also, start making your lunch that would include all of the food groups. Stop carrying around that debit card and extra cash which is perfect for those vending machines. If you really want obesity to stop, when you're a parent, be a good example for your kids and make sure not to over feed them. Personaly, Im 6'1 185lbs..I don'tknow what that is to most people, but thats pretty good for me. Mainly because I have hockey every day and I'm super active, and I hardly have time to eat a decent meal unless its before a hockey game.
                the price is right, bitch.

Comment

too much stress
                  Oar> hey intersect, i found a way to get recruited.
                  Intersect>really?
                  Intersect>how?
                  Oar> "hey, you guys look like you're down the river without an OAR"
                  Intersect> HAHAHAH ROFL LMAOMALMA

Comment

the teachers should get the right to slap the fat kids in school

Comment

Originally posted by deathking
                      the teachers should get the right to slap the fat kids in school
                      yes they should..im starting my own movement.. The Fatty Slapper Movement.
                      AKA F.S.M.
                      Oar> hey intersect, i found a way to get recruited.
                      Intersect>really?
                      Intersect>how?
                      Oar> "hey, you guys look like you're down the river without an OAR"
                      Intersect> HAHAHAH ROFL LMAOMALMA

Comment

This kind of sums it all up to a global problem

Obesity in men bigger problem in some European countries than in U.S.

Provided by: Canadian Press

Written by: JENNA PAYNE

BRUSSELS, Belgium (AP) - The proportion of overweight or obese men is higher in some European countries than it is in the United States, experts said Tuesday in a major analysis of Europeans' expanding girth.

The International Obesity Task Force estimated that Finland, Germany, Greece, Cyprus, the Czech Republic, Slovakia and Malta have all now exceeded the United States' 67 per cent in overweight or obese males.

"The time when obesity was thought to be a problem on the other side of the Atlantic has gone by," said Mars Di Bartolomeo, Luxembourg's minister of health.

In Greece, 38 per cent of women are obese, compared with 34 per cent in the United States.

The report was released at the launch of the 25-country European Union's plan for action on the problem in its member states.

The International Obesity Task Force, a global coalition of obesity scientists and research centres advising the EU, had previously estimated in 2003 that about 200 million of the 350 million adults living in what is now the European Union may be overweight or obese.

However, a closer evaluation of the figures in the latest analysis indicates that may be an underestimate of the scale of the problem, according to the group.

Studies have shown that being even slightly overweight can dramatically increase the risk of certain diseases, such as diabetes. Obesity is also linked to heart disease, high blood pressure, strokes, respiratory disease, arthritis and some types of cancer.

"We can have disastrous effects from (obesity) on health and the national economy," said EU Health Commissioner Markos Kyprianou.

Up to eight per cent of the current health-care costs in the EU can be attributed to the effects of being overweight or obese, he said.

To counter the worsening trend, the EU is banding together with the food and marketing industries, consumer groups and health experts, to assess national and industry efforts to counter the trend.

It is the EU's monitoring of the food industry's efforts that makes the European Union's approach to the obesity problem "totally novel," said Philip James, chairman of the International Obesity Task Force which advises governments around the world on how to tackle the problem.

"The industry is being challenged to demonstrate, transparently, that it is going to be part of the solution," James said in a telephone interview after the launch of the program in Brussels.

"They have to say how much more money they will add to help solve the obesity problem. They have to put forward a plan on how exactly they are going to contribute year by year, and their contribution has to get bigger every year."

The food industry hopes to better inform consumers by offering detailed nutrition labels and customer-care lines. The EU head office also wants the industry to produce healthier, tastier foods to compete with high-fat, high-sugar foods.

But the problem is not limited to the adult population.

The IOTF estimates that among the EU's 103 million youngsters the number of overweight children rises by 400,000 each year. More than 30 per cent of children aged between seven and 11 are overweight in Italy, Portugal, Spain and Malta.
                        May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Enough said.

Comment

The international obesity task force?

OH shit they're going to live out that one UCB skit.
                            sage

Comment

although we may have (i don't know, do we?) a higher rate of obesity than some other countries, we also produce some of the most amazing athletes. To defend the U.S., we did win quite a few medals in the olympics.
                              boo...:eek:

Comment

It's good to see that American's aren't the only ones with obesity problems, everyone agrees that it's a world-wide problem but so many on the internet have the need to constantly talk about ' fat hamburger americans".

Genetics? Yes, that probably does have a big part in why so many are fat, but I have no clue and don't know anything about genetics so I will just focus on what I think the other part of the problem is- our society. It's been said before and will be said again, but far far too many Americans are spoiled and sheltered to the point of idiocy these days.

Fast food instead of home-cooked meals, sitting on your fat ass playing videogames and watching anime instead of working in a physically taxing environment/ working out at the gym, mommy and daddy buying you a car for turning 16 or graduating from highschool (oh man that's such an accomplishment) . Spoiled rotten, that's what far too many kids are these days. Add that with the PC bullshit and the propoganda that "it's ok to be fat" and you have a society of guilt-free, lazy pigs that would rather eat fast food every day than pack a lunch.
                                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X