Wow parents are out of control these days:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Galleleo
    That is exactly why you have that story right now.. you guys sue people over fucking everything. And you wonder why your country goes to the shitter? Most people are scared to do anything because they might get sued over it. Falling down, bruising stuff, sometimes even breaking stuff is part of the childhood. Kids fall and get back up, they learn from it. Don't sue school because their kid fell of a swing, teach your kid how to properly swing. I would have been a frikken millionaire by now if I sued everytime someone else got me injured.
    Either you didn't read the whole post, or you're a fucking idiot. Just because there are people in America who try to take advantage of flaws in the legal system doesn't mean that all lawsuits are unwarranted.

The reason why America is fucked up is because of things like terrible environmental policy, no government oversight, corporate welfare, bad foreign policy, lack of adequate healthcare for the poor, a widening margin between the rich and poor...etc---not because a private school provides faulty equipment, their kid sustains a significant injury (not something like a scrape or a bruise), and a parent sues them because of it.

I guess in your fucked up reality, it's ok for private businesses to put people in danger and not have to face any civil penalty?
    Last edited by Subjugation; 05-14-2006, 03:59 PM.

Comment

that, or maybe schools over here know how to not put up playing things so it's faulty..

I know, seeing as I also study law, that over here, sueing people over kids falling down on school grounds, or people slipping infront of other peoples houses will most likely just cost you a shitload of money instead of you gaining a shitload.
      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Actually, I'm going to post exactly what happened so you can judge for yourself, and then I'm not going to bring it up anymore---because I've already mentioned it way more than you or I care to read. So why make a post about something that both of us are sick of hearing about? Because I just want to lay out the facts in an objective manner, so you can judge for yoursef.

My parents enrolled me in a private Montessori (w/e the fuck that is) preschool. The school bought a playground toy that looked like this:

I was on one end, sitting on the top, and another kid was sitting next to me, on the other side. He climbed off, so now there was an uneven weight distribution on the top.

Since the object was not very wide, and because they neglected to bolt the thing down, it tipped over. So basically, I fell from about 6 feet in the air onto my side. My arm was next to my side when I fell, so it broke.

If I had fallen because I was simply uncoordinated, or doing something risky---like break dancing on the top rail, I do not think a lawsuit would have been appropriate. I am reasonable enough to realize such an accident would have been my own fault. However, had they actually bolted the thing down like they were supposed to, that particular accident would have been avoided. Therefore, I think a lawsuit would have been appropriate.

Anyway, sorry for self-absorbed, thread-jacking post---and for the long, drawn-out explanation. I'm done here. Have a good day.

Comment

It could be just me, or how I was raised..

but even in that case, and I agree it's the schools fault, but I would never even consider a lawsuit.. and that just might be the difference between America and Netherlands.. Americans tend to go for the lawsuit really quick. And it's not even the fault of the current americans, it's really the fault of the judges who set the precedent. Because judges can't (hardly ever) go back on previous rulings, they must stick to what they ruled before in the same type of case.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

j=t, that is a beautiful picture
            can we please have a moment for silence for those who died from black on black violence

Comment

Ty, took me hours to photochop my circle-head on that other stick figure's body. ^-^

Comment

Working...
              X