Windows Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Vista

My roommate, the computer engineer he is, was describing this to me (the 3-d feature) and it sounded like a pretty cool upgrade.

So far, looking at http://www.microsoft.com/windowsvista/ it's not exactly what I anticipated. Anyone think it will be worth it to upgrade?

Sarien, you can keep your OSX comments to yourself.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

The only thing that webpage really hit on were the graphical elements.

I want to know that if they changed something about how well Windows works.
    Reclusion
    "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Yeah, personally, I'm not so into the 3D windows idea. I'd rather them work on streamlining and refining the current XP-style than jumping into a whole new look, again.
      DELETED

Comment

Agree with what Dameon said and would add that I hope they give you more options for customization without having to use 3rd party programs like StyleXP. More themes, icons, more sounds (although it's easy enough to dl'd movie clips, convert to wav then add them)...etc.

Comment

Lol... good point. Customization would be a great thing to add to the new Windows. If they get that done, with the 3D, I won't be mad.
          DELETED

Comment

I rofled when Peter Moore talked at E3, what he said was something like: "Now, in Windows Vista, games and programs are even more easily accessible, because they can be launched straight from the Start Menu."

...lol
            6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
            3 league vet

Comment

They can??
              last.fm - Keeping it short

Comment

Yeah liek omgz it's teh biggest thing since the start menu in w95!
                6:megaman89> im 3 league veteran back off

Originally posted by Dreamwin
                3 league vet

Comment

microsoft is in it to make money. not to make a bigger better interface, and not to make a stable OS. Which means that they generally steal their interface ideas from Mac, and their stability ideas from unix. (stupid generalization :P)

my real question, though: when you turn on your machine, do you do it to use windows?
                  no, the OS is there to get you to the good stuff: subspace.

It'll be worth the upgrade in my mind if there's an app i want to run that requires it.

Comment

Originally posted by tugs
                    It'll be worth the upgrade in my mind if there's an app i want to run that requires it.
                    That's pretty silly. It will be worth the upgrade (and I dont mean actually buying their software) if it is more stable and has more/better security. If not Linux is the way to go for workstations.

Comment

When Apple and M$ merge in 2059 we'll see who remains on top.
                      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Miku19
                        I rofled when Peter Moore talked at E3, what he said was something like: "Now, in Windows Vista, games and programs are even more easily accessible, because they can be launched straight from the Start Menu."

...lol
                        Thats why i use the windows 98 theme in xp

98 > xp for UI

microsoft intentially broke 98 to get people to upgrade. Don't be surprised when they do the same thing to XP.

http://www.frankprovo.com/win98ie6filesproblem.htm

A 60-second or greater delay in web page transitions
                        60-second delay or more before you can use Windows Explorer after moving, deleting, or copying one or more files within Windows Explorer
                        A 60-second or greater delay in being able to click on icons or opening programs after emptying the Recycle Bin
                        The windows for programs that you close remaining visible or partially visible for upwards of 60-seconds at a time.
                        System locking up altogether
                        Any combination of the above
                        any of the above sound familier....All of these problems fixed by installing the old ie5 dlls. IE6 breaks windows 98. Having used this fix personally i can say windows 98 hasnt crashed once after installing it. So many problems disappear with this fix its scary.

I think ie7 will break XP to get everyone to upgrade.
                        Last edited by Doc Flabby; 05-17-2006, 12:11 PM.
                        Rediscover online gaming. Get Subspace

Mantra-Slider> you like it rough
                        Kitty> true

I girl with BooBiez> OH I GET IT U PRETEND TO BE A MAN

Flabby.tv - The Offical Flabby Website

Comment

id be happy to just see some updated drivers and compatibility. i dont know about the whole 3d thing due to the overhead it would put on older machines, not even necessarily older, just with 64Mb or less video mem.

by the way a good place for drivers: www.driverguide.com
                          registration is free\ez and spyware free, only takes about 3-5 mins
                          Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                          1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                          Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                          caco <ER>> )Oo
                          caco <ER>> bot thief!
                          caco <ER>> duel me for it
                          Evasive <E> no!
                          Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

as soon as i can possibly afford it i'm getting a new macbook or maybe a desktop unit with the new intel duo core. i'm just completely and utterly burnt out on windows OS'es
                            jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

Apparently the Windows Firewall for Vista won't suck as much?
                              ..anything's better than the current version of it, imo.
                              They had a convention at my uni and my friends went.
                              thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Working...
                              X