No announcement yet.

X-Men 3 (Spoilers Abound)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the whole 'ooooah' 'ahhhh' 'pretty' sense, it was a good movie. Completed contradicted every single character's dipiction from comics etc though, which was really annoying. Gambit would of been a good addition. Superman movie will flop too, just wait. I hope Spiderman 3 won't blow the fat one.
    Girl if it's alright,
    100%.

Comment

thought it was pretty good considering i have no experience with the comic books whatsoever
      LA

Comment

For the Juggernaut fans questioning the quote...

Here is the scene...

*Juggernaut starts busting thru walls of a facility*
        *Shadowcat is chasing him down*
        *Shadowcat then pounces on the back of Juggernaut's legs and pulls him down into the ground*
        *Shadowcat then slides back to the floor, leaving Juggernaut in the floor*
        *Then, Juggernaut looks up to Shadowcat and says...*
        Juggernaut> "Do you know who I am? I'm the Juggernaut, bitch!"
        *Then, the Juggernaut busts out from the ground*
        DELETED

Comment

Just saw it, I will give it 6-7 out of 10.

Man, that Jean Grey was such a slut, she had to kill Cyclops to get to Wolverine, so sleazy. And that Wolverine was so useless, in the whole movie, the only one he was able to beat was a woman (Jean Grey), what a useless twit!

Out of the 6 people I have seen the movie with, 2 thought it was crap, 1 thought it was great, 2 didn't give opinion, and I think it was alright.
          ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

I don't think you should really blast the movie because it isn't faithful to the comics. There are like at least 3 different storylines (Ultimate X-men, Astonishing X-men, New X-men) - though, granted, even some of the traits the X-men shared over all the storylines, the moviemakers took liberties with. (One point everyone's pissed about: COLOSSOS IS FUCKING RUSSIAN.)

But I think the movies are just another take on the X-men universe. I could be very, very wrong here, but do the Superman movies follow any particular comic series?

The producers were faced with difficulties - they had to introduce alot of relatively unimportant characters easily and quickly and get on to the asskicking, and then they had to balance everything out. So Juggernaut being a mutant with apparently super kinetic motion or some such - that's easier than a powered helmet/amulet, because then they have to explain where the helmet came from, where the amulet came from, et cetera. In the movie, they simplify it down to a simple question and answer - "What's the helmet for?" "It keeps my face pretty" and bam. (Casting the dude from Eurotrip was the best decision ever, by the way)

So taking the movie for what it is, it was fantastic. I hope everyone stayed through the end of the credits. Because Xavier doesn't die
            Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 05-27-2006, 11:56 AM.
            NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome
              I hope everyone stayed through the end of the credits. Because Xavier doesn't die
              OMG, you are kidding me right?

NOOOOO!!!!!
              ☕ 🍔 🍅 🍊🍏

Comment

Ok, even looking at it without the comics connection, that's fine, I'm able to do that. It's still a big giant crap-fest, when you compare them to the first two movies (done by a different director mind you).

The first two movies had subtlety, actual story arcs that wound their way to an at least current conclusion. This movie was just a giant "fuck you". They had three main story arcs going, and all three were more than enough to rate their own films, The mutant cure, The brotherhood of evil mutants, the phoenix. In the first film for instance you had Magneto and his stupid hat doing stuff as the main story arc, and Logan's origin, and some other stuff as minor arcs. There was a subtlety to it.

Was anyone else watching the first film and noticing all the awesome mutants at the school for who they really were? Bobby? Bobby Drake? Crap that's Iceman!.. That girl that ran through the door.. that's Shadowcat! And in two, whoa that guy turned to steel, that's Colossus! Hehe Pyro, of course Pyro's gonna end up going with Magneto. That was a sense of awesome.

This one who did we see? Well we saw porcupine guy, and runs fast a lot bitch. Where's Quicksilver, the runs fast a lot guy? Where's the Scarlet Witch? It was just a big mishmash of let's see as many mutant powers as we can, blow stuff up big, and people will come to see it.

To me the only amusing thing that I get is that finally we've gotten to see all the original X Men. Cyclops, Marvel Girl, Iceman, Angel, and Beast. Nevermind that two of them are stone dead now. Nevermind that Angel and his Worthington connection could have been a grand story arc right there. Nevermind that they could have introduced Angel, gotten right to Apocalypse, and ripped his wings off and made him the nutcase Archangel too. But they didn't. They weren't trying to tell a story or make a movie. They were just going for a payday. I hope it's the last one they screw up so bad.

There were about a billion ways they could've made this a great movie, and only a few ways to make it suck ass, and they went right down the suck ass road.

Maybe Brian Singer will do as decent a job with Superman as he managed on the first two X Men movies. I just somehow doubt it.
                "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by T3l Ca7
                  OMG, you are kidding me right?

NOOOOO!!!!!

No, he wasn't kidding. It was one of the most trite tacked-on stupid (it was all a dream!) kind of endings ever.
                  "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bogAg...%203%20credits

I FUCKING MISSED IT.
                    Originally posted by Jeenyuss
                    sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

somehow you would think 50 bad ass mutants could beat 50 solidiers with plasic guns without taking 90% losses. how stuped was that!

and why the fuck did colossos die? it made no sense at all. and wtf did rouge do in this movie except being horny? storm ended up being the leader of X-men? fu Haily Berry. Spike was killed too out of random. just like 500 other mutants. bullshit. magneto getting owned so easy is totaly dumb he was owning the shit out of his prison with a 5cm iron ball and cant win a battle with the Golden Gate Bridge, Juggernaut and Dark Phoenix as his sidekick not to mention all those other bad guys? and is it me or was Angel a fag?"!

Shadowcat and Iceman were ok, Storm was making fog and everyone else except Beast and Wolverine - whose battle reminded me of Bud Spencer and Terence Hill movies - was dead or antidoted.

And Gray couldnt even destroy the fucking island or the rest of the world way to be a level 5 mutant.

GAAAAH and COLOSSOS IS FUCKING RUSSIAN
                      Last edited by Fluffz; 05-27-2006, 02:25 PM.

Comment

I have to agree with Sarien here, X3 is definitely the worst one.

Comment

Too many cliche speeches and mindless jokes aimed at 15 year olds. Also, Juggernaut isn't a mutant. If you like special effects and a brainless action story watch this movie, if you like x-men then don't.

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango
                            the women also says "Charles?!"

Comment

Originally posted by AnidaLife
                              the women also says "Charles?!"
                              The few nerds (including myself) that were left behind in the cinema all laughed at this ending.

Comment

DRINK THE BEER assHOLE

Comment

Working...
                                X