No announcement yet.

X-Men 3 (Spoilers Abound)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What a terrible, terrible movie this was. LE SIGH.
    Ferengi Rule of Acquisition #98: Every man has his price.

Comment

I think some people need to chill out and remember, from the beginning, this wasn't supposed to be from the comics, but a 4th rendition of the story (ie: The Ultimate, Astonishing, New, and now the Movie)
      DELETED

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell
        I think some people need to chill out and remember, from the beginning, this wasn't supposed to be from the comics, but a 4th rendition of the story (ie: The Ultimate, Astonishing, New, and now the Movie)
        With that in mind, it's still a terrible movie.

Comment

I haven't seen it yet but from what it sounds like oh here and what other friends have told me the movie is somewhat like Spiderman. Yes we all loved Spiderman as kids; yes a live-action movie with our childhood superheroes acted out by pussmasters is cool at first but turns out to be lame once the actor falls into the part; and yes both Toby McGuire and Hugh Jackman are morons nearing the level of Tom Cruise.

But would I watch those cartoons now? I doubt it. I watched some Gargoyles and some X-Men the other day and both were pretty bad - but as a kid I still loved it because of the fight scenes. If X3 has cool fight scenes, old characters, and a somewhat interesting plot that ties everything from the first two together in a reasonable manner (i.e. not exploring every POSSIBLE point in the plot range), then I will be a happy consumer.

Comment

Originally posted by Dameon Angell

Too bad it wasn't even faithful to the first two films directed by Brian Singer. Instead, the new guy got hired on and Fox was mad that Singer left for Superman, so they shit all over it.

Not talking about the comics, talking about the established lines of the first two films. Big steaming load right on top of them. It's just like Highlander 2. In 10 years they'll say "pretend X Men 3 never happened".
            "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Originally posted by Sarien
              10 years they'll say "pretend X Men 3 never happened".
              I was saying that 10 minutes after seeing the movie.

Comment

Originally posted by Superted
                If you like special effects and a brainless action story watch this movie, if you like x-men then don't.
                this just about sums it up

i know next to nothing about the whole x-men comics and somehow i knew colossos was russian and juggernaut wasn't actually a mutant (probably from wathing the cartoon when i was a kid)
                PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Things I'll agree with:
                  They could have done alot more with Angel.
                  They did focus on the profit to budget ratio too much to make the movie quality to all the nerds that masturbate to the comic books
                  And they could have incorporated certain mutants more accurately

But a few points I'd like to bring up about why parts of this movie sucks:
                  Storm Sucks, you know it, I know it, Halle Berry knows it, and thats why she said this the last X-Men film she would do
                  Cyclops Sucks because he just shoots lasers out of his eyes? Can't even control it? Lame.
                  Hugh Jackman Sucks at being Wolverine because I hate Hugh Jackman
                  Magneto sucks because they made him a really old dude, shouldn't that guy be using a walker trying to find ancient treasures... OH WAIT DA VINCI CODE.

Other than that, they were just trying to sum everything up in a reasonable amount of time *cough*unlike LOTR*cough* and still fit the budget and satisfy most consumers who weren't COMPLETE X-Men enthusiasts. I'd have to say over 75% of the people in the SOLD OUT theater I saw it in were either families, or guys taking their hollister wearing, 2006 Mustang driving girlfriends out just so they had a chance to feel them up in the dark, and not get caught by her parents.

Overall, most movies are going to blow really hard because people will pay to see the movie, and criticize it after they've paid. Sa'll about the money, and in the end, they've gotten yours whether you enjoyed the movie or not.

Comment

Silly bitch your weapons cannot harm me don't you know who the fuck I am? Im the Juggernaut!
                    http://www.soundcloud.com/eklecticism

1:dald> whos lebron
                    1:dald> what squad he on

Comment

Worst movie ever.

NERD NERD NERD NERD NERD
                      dong burger

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal
                        If X3 has cool fight scenes, old characters, and a somewhat interesting plot that ties everything from the first two together in a reasonable manner (i.e. not exploring every POSSIBLE point in the plot range), then I will be a happy consumer.
                        Answer: yes.
                        5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
                        5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
                        5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

Agreed. Lots of special effects. Movie sucked. Did you see the guy in the Golden Gate bridge scene jumping across the gap? So fake...I hate crappy CG. Throwing a heavy doll across the gap would have looked better.

The rest of the CG and special effects wasn't bad. The story started interesting and had potential but ended in a gigantic whirlwind of HUH?

Comment

i thought the first two were unpleasant tours of mediocrity and ephemera, and this one was actually pretty good

go figure
                            Originally posted by Ward
                            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

I yawned about 4 times during the span of the movie. For some reason they really messed up such an awesome mutant like Phoenix to make it tiresome to see her in action more than the time she caused she at her house. Movie has too many one-liners, some better than others. There was also an overload of mutants to whom I did not know the names of, and it bugged the shit out of me spending 10 minutes after they first appeared thinking to myself who they can possibly be.
                              ♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫♪♫
                              Failure teaches success.

Comment

Saw it last night, and I enjoyed the movie as a whole. Yes there were blatant differences from the comics, but you know what? I really didn't care about Colossus being russian when I saw him walking down the hallway with like a 36' inch tv under one arm. My main gripe with the movie was Storm, to me it just seemed like they could have replaced her role with Cyclops and it wouldn't have made a big difference. Seems like they killed him off to make her Xavier's runner-up and open up the way for Logan to become Jean's main love interest.

Yea it wasn't like the comics, I don't really care. I was entertained while I was there, so it doesn't matter too much to me.

EDIT: Fuck I hate "porcupine boy" though. What a shitty power, to have 5 inch spikes grow out all over his body.
                                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Working...
                                X