No announcement yet.

HeavenSent is bigoted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bringing the topic back... (I skipped the 5 middle pages of crap)

I think that many Christians misinterpret the Bible as far as going out and converting people to Christianity goes. Let's say Bob (an atheist) asks Ryan (a Christian) something about God or Jesus. I think that, at that point, Ryan would be in the right to advance his own views and try and get Bob to jump on the wagon. I don't believe Ryan has the position to say "no ur wrong sry" or ignore Bob's arguements. That's the type of ignorance that Christians are, unfortunately, known for.

The mission statement of my church, for example, is "Helping the lost, letdown, and looking." I think that describes exactly what is meant by the Bible in terms of converting others to Christianity. I think that forcing an opinion or refusing to hear any other arguement is wrong, but I don't think it's wrong for someone to suggest or even, to some extent, argue their own religious beliefs when that arguement is somewhat welcomed.

And back to page 1, a lot of conservative Christians bend and twist the Bible to their own personal beliefs. I'm a Christian, yet I think that women should have the right to choose an abortion. Does that mean I think abortions are right? No. But I think people should have the choice to decide. I also think that being gay is... nothing, really. I don't care about other people's sexual orientation. Would I choose to be gay? No. But as long as some gay guy isn't hitting on me, I don't care.

Too many people are too hard-nosed about what they believe, and that there is no other alternative besides their own. Christians seem to be painted with this brush the most, unfortunately, because only the words of a few ruin the reputations of the many.

Let's see how long we'll stay on-topic.
    -winipcfg

HAY GUYS

Comment

• The Image Spam has been removed by me.
      "Sexy" Steve Mijalis-Gilster, IVX

Reinstate Me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vykromond
        the fact that dothefandango is responding like an angry toddler doesn't change the fact that you're pretty much ruining your own "argument" from the last 5 pages of thread.
        You have to fight fire with fire my friend.
        Originally posted by Jeenyuss
        sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• This is too fucking good to NOT double post. I just got a private message from Heaven Sent.

Jizz Queen
          HEY COCK SUCKER!!!

YA PUSSY FAGGOT...

IT"S PRETTY EASY TO BE A FUCKING ASSHOLE WHEN YOU LIVE 1000 MILES AWAY.

COME ON OVER TO CHICAGO YA FUCK!

LEMME FUCK YOU UP... JUST THE WAY YOU LIKE IT!

YA CUNT!

:bigups:
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by DoTheFandango
            You have to fight fire with fire my friend.

Just so you know, water works better on fires.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

• sage
              Last edited by Richard Creager; 02-27-2007, 12:47 AM.
              sage

Comment

• Originally posted by Sarien
                Just so you know, water works better on fires.
                There was some sarcasm in my saying you know.

Comment

• Originally posted by winipcfg
                  Bringing the topic back... (I skipped the 5 middle pages of crap)

I think that many Christians misinterpret the Bible as far as going out and converting people to Christianity goes. Let's say Bob (an atheist) asks Ryan (a Christian) something about God or Jesus. I think that, at that point, Ryan would be in the right to advance his own views and try and get Bob to jump on the wagon. I don't believe Ryan has the position to say "no ur wrong sry" or ignore Bob's arguements. That's the type of ignorance that Christians are, unfortunately, known for.

The mission statement of my church, for example, is "Helping the lost, letdown, and looking." I think that describes exactly what is meant by the Bible in terms of converting others to Christianity. I think that forcing an opinion or refusing to hear any other arguement is wrong, but I don't think it's wrong for someone to suggest or even, to some extent, argue their own religious beliefs when that arguement is somewhat welcomed.

And back to page 1, a lot of conservative Christians bend and twist the Bible to their own personal beliefs. I'm a Christian, yet I think that women should have the right to choose an abortion. Does that mean I think abortions are right? No. But I think people should have the choice to decide. I also think that being gay is... nothing, really. I don't care about other people's sexual orientation. Would I choose to be gay? No. But as long as some gay guy isn't hitting on me, I don't care.

Too many people are too hard-nosed about what they believe, and that there is no other alternative besides their own. Christians seem to be painted with this brush the most, unfortunately, because only the words of a few ruin the reputations of the many.

Let's see how long we'll stay on-topic.
                  I agree wholeheartedly with 100% of your post.
                  Also, there are as many Christians denominations as there are religions. The commonality of accepted Christians beliefs is what Catholic's call the Apostle's Creed.
                  1. Virgin Birth
                  2. By the Crucifixion, Jesus paid for the sins of the world.
                  3. He was resurrected from the dead on the 3rd day.
                  4. He ascended into Heaven.
                  5. That He is God manifested in the flesh.
                  Last edited by HeavenSent; 06-21-2006, 05:54 PM.

Comment

• i like maurice wiles' theory

Comment

• Fuhrer Sarien

Originally posted by Sarien
                      The Image Spam has been removed by me.
                      sigpic
                      All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• You could have no idea how much you Godwining this thread, and comparing me to a Nazi amuses me.

At least you called me Fuhrer. If I'm gonna have to be a Nazi, at least I'm the head Nazi. Nice view from up here, and all.

Reinstate Me.

Comment

• Godwining?

Does Not Compute
                          sigpic
                          All good things must come to an end.

Comment

• I have never seen such a big thread regarding Imaginary friends in my life.
                            PH Is my hero

Comment

• Nonsense, you never saw the Pearlus Jamius thread of 2004?
                              The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                              All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

• Originally posted by gran guerrero
                                Godwining?

Does Not Compute
                                Godwin's Law

Reinstate Me.

Comment

Working...
                                X