No announcement yet.

Reinstate Sarien - huh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well he didn't break the rule while he was a player, which is what he should be inducted for. And who said that cheating is the same as breaking a rule? Breaking a rule is breaking a rule. Cheating is getting an unfair advantage.

Comment

this calls for a poll
      Big Chill

Comment

I went to Greece once. I dived and drank beer.

Comment

all these newbs make such a big deal out of sarien.. its just getting out of hand now
          1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
          1:Cower> Sword
          1:Kthx> ok
          1:Cower> Axe
          1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
          1:Cower> ?
          1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
            Well it's not really funny that he English isn't his first language and he doesn't understand it.
            Well it's not really funny that he English isn't his first language and he doesn't understand it.
            Oh the irony
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
              Pete Rose cheated, therefore he should not be allowed into the hall of fame.

The man is not sorry at all for what he did, and he does not deserve to be let of the hook like that.
              Your correct. He gambled and therefore he should be banned, regardless of being one of the best players in the game. Yet we can have people that have been convicted on charges such as assault, theft, illegal weapons posession, drug posession & that means nothing...in fact they usually get more fame and more money in there next contracts!

Steroid use...well that is not bad...why would a drug enhancement be such a problem, even though it is considered cheating due to using such drugs. That's ok. But making a bet on a sports game is the worst thing to happen in all of baseball.

Let us keep the drug addicts, wife abusing, weapons toting jerks in the league without much of any recourse but a slap on the wrists...as we wouldn't want to take the spoon out of their mouths, nor deny them a chance to falsely get there way into the hall of fame through unjust records due to illegal drug enhancements from steroid use.
              May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                Oh the irony
                Pretty sure what happened was that Genocidal typed "he doesn't understand English that well since it's not his first language" then deleted that to type the other phrase, but accidentally left the first "he."
                Originally posted by Ward
                OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                  Your correct. He gambled and therefore he should be banned, regardless of being one of the best players in the game. Yet we can have people that have been convicted on charges such as assault, theft, illegal weapons posession, drug posession & that means nothing...in fact they usually get more fame and more money in there next contracts!

Steroid use...well that is not bad...why would a drug enhancement be such a problem, even though it is considered cheating due to using such drugs. That's ok. But making a bet on a sports game is the worst thing to happen in all of baseball.

Let us keep the drug addicts, wife abusing, weapons toting jerks in the league without much of any recourse but a slap on the wrists...as we wouldn't want to take the spoon out of their mouths, nor deny them a chance to falsely get there way into the hall of fame through unjust records due to illegal drug enhancements from steroid use.
                  I don't believe McGuire and Bonds belong in the hall either.

To be fair of course.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

It's interesting that due to a small rule of no gambling in MLB that one of its greatest players cannot make the Hall of Fame, yet in the NBA, we can look back at Michael Jordan as the greatest Basketball player and if they had a no gambling rule...I can only wonder how it would be looked at if Jordan was banned from the sport and hall of fame possibility?

Interesting...Jordan gambled while playing in the minors for Baseball...they never kicked him out either.
                    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
                      It's interesting that due to a small rule of no gambling in MLB that one of its greatest players cannot make the Hall of Fame, yet in the NBA, we can look back at Michael Jordan as the greatest Basketball player and if they had a no gambling rule...I can only wonder how it would be looked at if Jordan was banned from the sport and hall of fame possibility?

Interesting...Jordan gambled while playing in the minors for Baseball...they never kicked him out either.
                      Pete Rose knew he was cheating, then he lied about it for like 20 years, saying he was innocent, despite the mounting proof against him. But no, that wasn't enough, then he admitted he broke the rule, but that he isn't sorry about it.

Like I said, he's an arrogant asshole, and I don't think he should be allowed into the hall of fame.

And furthermore, Rose didn't dominate the game like MJ did. Rose was one of the best, but not the undeniable best like Jordan.
                      Originally posted by Tone
                      Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

It's not gambling in general that is the problem but specifically gambling on the sport they participated in. Rose bet on baseball while being an active manager, which is akin to insider trading. Jordan on the other hand did have a gambling problem, but there was no evidence that he bet on basketball. His gambing problems centred mainly on golf. There is a significant difference between the two situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                          Pretty sure what happened was that Genocidal typed "he doesn't understand English that well since it's not his first language" then deleted that to type the other phrase, but accidentally left the first "he."
                          More than likely, still made me giggle in a fuckmeitsfridaynightandimreadingthesscutrenchwarsf orumsandimboredoutofmymind way

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                            Oh the irony
                            Is it ironic because I made a typo? Could you not understand what I meant because of my typo?

EDIT: Yeah, Vyk got it. I do that a lot when I'm posting.

Comment

No I understood it, but then I understood the initial post too

Comment

Is it ironic because I made a typo? Could you not understand what I meant because of my typo?

EDIT: Yeah, Vyk got it. I do that a lot when I'm posting.
                                So what about my post, you did understand what I wrote, now didn't you?
                                Endless space, endless exploration.

Comment

Working...
                                X