Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Reign of Fire

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
    The movie started out pretty slow in the beggining but quickly picked up the pace once the dragons started eating people and what not. The acting was not half bad for what rolls they had to play with. Very enjoyable movie to see if you like watching lizards eat people. I suggest you see this while on some sort of drug or alcoholic beverage.

Overall Rating: B
    they barely show any dragons. which sux

Comment

Debbie Does Detriot

The sequel to Debbie does Dallas, much better than the first one. Jason go pick it up lol
      (RoboHelp)>Erathia is your worst nightmare, he has been twice removed from staff for massive corruption, yet has
      (RoboHelp)>weaseled himself back on each time. If he begins to talk to you RUN, if you cannot run, close SS immediately and hide.

-Saline

Comment

Resident Evil

Just saw it the other day. Clever plot, a movie for those of you that likes guns and violence. A generally brain dead movie.

Rating: B+

Comment

Re: Dumb & Dumber

Originally posted by Spybreak!
          from the 90's... still the best comedy that has ever been made! and it plans on being the best till the end of time!
          OMG SO TRUE
          :yawn:

Comment

Halloween: Resurection

S P O I L E R S AHEAD

Halloween: Story.....

begin movie:

jamie lee is in a mental home as it turns out the man she beheaded in h20 wasn't myers at all. he'd switched clothes with a paramedic. jamie lee is lying there, waiting for michael to come back which, of course, he does. he kills some guards, goes up to her room, she's ready for him, a chase ensues, she gets him trapped, goes to kill him and decides to take off his mask to make sure it's him. (sorry, but laurie strode is no idiot, and this was the most unplausible part of the film.) of course myers grabs her, they fall over the side of a building, myers stabs her and she 'dies'.

cut back to haddonfield university where six students have been selected to spend halloween night in the old myers house to look for clues as to why myers started the killings.

it's all been set up by busta rhymes and tyra banks. we spend a shitty little amount of time getting to know the students, and then they go into the house. of course mr rhymes and tyra have set stupid things up all over the house (such as the mutilation highchair and the chains, etc) and of course myers has returned to the house.

the killing off of students ensues (seriously, the entire house is set up with cameras and no one, except for the main geek students internet friend, who is watching the entire show via the web at a party, sees michael myers boot****ing it around). busta rhymes is in a myers outfit, as well, to scare the students so the viewing audience will get their moneys worth and the best scene in the movie involves a myers-looking busta rhymes scolding the real myers, who he believes is the dead cameraman.
            the students all get sliced and diced, the main geek runs through the house for her life, being guided by her internet buddy who is messaging her as to myers whereabouts in the house, a big showdown takes place where, of course, myers is believed to be dead, and then at the end, when he's lying on the coroners table, he, of course, opens his eyes.

My rating: C

If any of u have seen the other halloween movies, it would prove to you that this one really sucked!!

Comment

You know, a good review would say why you gave the movie its rating but not regurgitate the whole movie.

Comment

Busta Rymes acting? BAAHAHAHAAHAH!
                2 time TWLD runner up.

If not a medal, cant I get a Ribbon??

Comment

Requiem For A Dream

Older movie, I'd like to see more older movie ratings as I'm always looking for a good movie to watch.

This movie is great. Also gives some good advice to anyone thinking about doing some things. Not rated for viewing if you shouldn't be watching anything concerning: sex/drugs
                  TWLB Champion Season 1 (Light)
                  TWLD Champion Season 6/7 (Elusive/Syndicate)
                  TWLJ Champion Season 7 (Syndicate)

1 of the first 2 to get all 3. (Fireballz is other)

Comment

Legend of Drunken Master

One of the BEST, if not the best martial arts movies ever.

Some say Fist of Legends was the best, but I believe this movie far surpasses the others.

Theres so many types of martial arts in there. Its amazing how it was made. I can't name which ones they use though...

If you like martial arts movies, or you like Jackie Chan movies, go buy it. You won't be dissapointed. This movie was made in his prime... So in conclusion, it is one kick-in-the-face movie.

Thanks
                    When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                    -John

Comment

Time Code

A gimmicky flick, Time Code is an interesting film, moreso in the planning and execution than in the story.

The gimmick is that the movie was filmed entirely in one shot with no cuts with four cameras running simultaneously. The screen is split into four quadrants to show all four cameras running at once. What this did was allow us to see what's happening (or not happening) at two places at the same time. Action goes across from screen to screen and you'll often see people leave one screen and enter another. What you never see though is another camera.

And if that doesn't impress you enough, there's something else that will draw you into this film: Salma Hayek plays a bisexual.

Comment

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

the scariest horror movie i have ever seen and ive seen a lot of horror movies. another reason its so scary is because its based on a true story. if you have not seen this yet i suggest you go see it and watch it late at night when your all alone and its very dark:eek: .
                        Last edited by Puppet Master; 07-19-2002, 03:26 AM.

Comment

Re: Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Originally posted by Puppet*Master
                          the scariest horror movie i have ever seen and ive seen a lot of horror movies. another reason its so scary is because its based on a true story. if you have not seen this yet i suggest you go see it and watch it late at night when your all alone and its very dark:eek: .
                          alone sucks, you need to see it with some one else to see their reaction. Seeing it with a girl is cool because they tend to bury their head in your shoulder/chest and let you hold them $$
                          There once was a man from Nantucket.

Comment

Spiderman

A really big disapointment. I was expecting something good, but it turned to be just "ok". I've read Marvel comics for over half of my life now, and was very disapointed.
                            Mary Jane's actor was bad. Everytime she listened to someone, not saying anything, she looked like she were stoned.
                            Green Goblins costume was stupid imo. Annoying hyper modern armor. In Spidey comics his costume looks like something.
                            And my friend brought up a good point: How in hell does poor young student have money or even skills to make that kind of a suit?
                            Well, at least there was something good in it: The end of the battle between Goblin and Spiderman in the end of the movie was loyal to comic. But then again, almost nothing else was.
                            And the "if you mess with one of us, you mess with all of us!" thing was so ridiculous that I can't find words to describe it. That was not real Spiderman. Normal people do not defend Spiderman, never. Read Spiderman before you make a movie of it.
                            Also, it included some funny jokes and so on, but I wouldn't under any circumstances call it "the best superhero movie ever", 'cause it has nothing, that Batman 1 & 2 and X-Men has.
                            An ok movie, but I guess I was just expecting too much.

3 stars out of 5.
                            Last edited by Emplate; 07-19-2002, 11:12 AM.
                            I'd like to complain about people who complain that people are complaining.

Comment

Re: Spiderman

Originally posted by Emplate
                              You dare disagree with me?!
                              SMB!!!

Seriously, that part on the bridge did suck.
                              Cast was good imo, especially Norman Osbuourne/Green Goblin.
                              Oh, and also also, J Jonah Jameson, priceless
                              The story followed the comic pretty neatly.
                              The Goblins suit, well that entire part deviated from the comic, in the movie it was a design meant for military use, the flight suit went with the glider, where as in the comic no suit was needed at all.
                              And Osbourne got turned into GG by an accident with some sort of nerve gas in the comic, must have been too politically incorrect to have let osbourne create nerve gas for the US military.
                              Still, out of all the super hero movies I've seen, like Batman, Superman, X-men etc. Spiderman rules em all!
                              Last edited by Fallen Angel; 07-19-2002, 06:34 PM.
                              There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Spiderman

And also, MJ and Peter didn't know each other since little kids. And it wasn't some spider exhibition where spider bit Peter, it was an science exhibition (or whatever you call it).
                                Last edited by Emplate; 07-20-2002, 10:10 AM.
                                I'd like to complain about people who complain that people are complaining.

Comment

Working...
                                X