All Your Movie Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

List of great movies.

I'll just throw down a list of some of my favorite movies of all time for any of you that want to see which movies i would really recommend.

Rated: 10 out of 10 Movies (Opinion)
    Not in Order of favorite:

American Beauty
    American History X
    The Boondock Saints
    Braveheart
    Fight Club
    Forrest Gump
    The Negotiator
    Pulp Fiction
    The Rock
    Saving Private Ryan
    Snatch
    The Usual Suspects

Rated: 9 out of 10 Movies:
    Not in order:

Face/Off
    Full Metal Jacket
    The Green Mile
    Lord of the Rings
    The Matrix
    Requeim for a Dream
    Se7en
    The Shawshank Redemption
    Starship Troopers
    Vanilla Sky

Here's just a few 8 out of 10 movies (too many to mention them all).

Goodfellas
    Reservoir Dogs
    Tigerland
    Donnie Darko
    Interview with the Vampire
    Mallrats
    Clerks
    Glory
    Dogma
    The Way of the Gun
    Office Space

For those of you that like older movies (not a big fan of older movies), Here are the ones that I enjoyed:
    btw, these are all under the year 1990, some are way under:

A Clockwork Orange
    Dog Day Afternoon
    Full Metal Jacket
    One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest
    Paths of Glory
    Platoon
    The Untouchables
    The Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Sorry for the long list, I put a lot of movies to give some variety for people that are very picky at which movies they enjoy.

The rated 10 out of 10 movies at the beginning of the list are my favorite all time movies.

The rated 9 out of 10 movies I also think are great movies...that I would also really recommend. They just aren't as good as the 10 out of 10 movies in my opinion.

The rated 8 out of 10 movies I think are good movies worth watching, and would recommend all of them.
    Last edited by demonfaze; 07-25-2002, 05:41 AM.

Comment

Anyone seen the paroll officer or See no evil, hear no evil two really funny movies oh and rush hour 2 was good
      EvoLd> Roboqueen died again?
      cool koen> :)
      PRiMORDiAL> pfft
      cool koen> not because of a bug
      EvoLd> Lol
      Treachery> meh
      EvoLd> why then?
      PubAceR> women in power dont last
      EvoLd> LOl
      toaster oven reviews

Comment

Austin Powers - Goldmember comes out today =) In cinemas, nearly went to see it but missed my bus =(
        PRiMORDiAL> pfft
        EvoLd> Lol
        Treachery> meh
        EvoLd> why then?
        EvoLd> LOl
        toaster oven reviews

Comment

Dont see Road to Perdition... Its so lame, No plot and EVERYONE dies, Everyone, except the boy
          Corn + Tomatoes = <3

Comment

Lol ok weve been warned
            PRiMORDiAL> pfft
            EvoLd> Lol
            Treachery> meh
            EvoLd> why then?
            EvoLd> LOl
            toaster oven reviews

Comment

Boondock Saints is so kickass $$$

They only realized that movie on DVD in Canada so I had to order it through EBay $$

Comment

K00l ill try and see it!
                PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                EvoLd> Lol
                Treachery> meh
                EvoLd> why then?
                EvoLd> LOl
                toaster oven reviews

Comment

Re: Clockstoppers

Originally posted by Epinephrine
                  Although I never actually saw this movie judging from the trailer they stole the plot directly from an episode of ducktales!!!

In that episode Gyro makes a watch that slows down time to a stop except to the people with the watch. Then the Begal boys steal it and steal all of Scrooge's money...

Anyway they stole the plot from Ducktales.. how sad :P

-Epi
                  omfg
                  I'd rather be SubSpacing.

Comment

Lol, ducktails, woohoo, some gay film stole the plot from "ducktails", wooohoo.

In tune of the theme tune of ducktails
                    PRiMORDiAL> pfft
                    EvoLd> Lol
                    Treachery> meh
                    EvoLd> why then?
                    EvoLd> LOl
                    toaster oven reviews

Comment

Goldmember

I'm a bit surprised nobody posted a review of this yet.

I found the third Austin Powers movie to be the funniest of the three. Of course, part of that is because a lot of the humour was built upon groundworks laid in the first two. (For example, if you didn't pay attention to the first film, you wouldn't understand the significance of the frickin' sharks with frickin' laserbeams attached to their frickin' heads.)

I had some doubts about Beyonce Knowles playing the leading lady, but found that her role wasn't as big as I thought it would be, though her performance was better than I expected.

And while the various different trailers and commercials do give away some funny moments (moley moley moley) they came across funnier in the film, and there is much funnier stuff that hadn't been spoilt.

One problem I found was that Heather Graham's character wasn't even mentioned. Rumour has it that both her Felecity Shagwell AND Liz Hurley's Vanessa Kensington characters were in the original script but were cut in editing.

Several celebrities played cameo roles in this film, but they were more than just the usual walkthroughs. Each cameo was used effectively in a humourous way. It might help if you don't hear about any of them (or read about them online at IMDB.com like my brother did) before seeing the movie because the surprises are part of the humour.

Oh, and if there are any Maple Leafs fans out there, you'll be glad to note that Scarborough boy Mike Myers inserted some Leafs references into the film. Here's a hint: Pay attention to the scrolling news ticker during the news broadcast.

Overall, I think Goldmember is a very good film. Very few comedies manage to squeeze tears of laughter out of me, but a couple of scenes here did. This film is definately worth the ticket price, even if you're not a fan of the first two Austin Powers movies.

Comment

Re: Goldmember

Originally posted by Troll King
                        I'm a bit surprised nobody posted a review of this yet.
                        well it only came out last friday!
                        good to hear that it's a funny movie, i plan on seeing it today
                        hey I'm Paddy Tanniger the caddie manager yeah it rhymes big whoop wanna fiight about it??
                        !

Comment

Goldmember

Sorry Troll but this movie was a big dissapointment.
                          It had some extremely funny parts, parts that are probably some of the funniest in the entire series,
                          But there was also too many parts that were so horrendously unfunny, it ruined the movie.

Goldmember, as well as foxxy cleopatra, were characters that served no purpose whatsoever.
                          Beyonce is by far the worst austin powers girl.
                          This movie couldve been the best in the series if it wasnt chock full of stupid unfunny parts.

Rating: 6.5/10

Comment

Beyonce Knowles is bad at everything; including life.

Comment

Re: Goldmember

Originally posted by Shadows Fall
                              Sorry Troll but this movie was a big dissapointment.
                              It had some extremely funny parts, parts that are probably some of the funniest in the entire series,
                              But there was also too many parts that were so horrendously unfunny, it ruined the movie.

Goldmember, as well as foxxy cleopatra, were characters that served no purpose whatsoever.
                              Beyonce is by far the worst austin powers girl.
                              This movie couldve been the best in the series if it wasnt chock full of stupid unfunny parts.

Rating: 6.5/10
                              Well you can't expect ALL the scenes to be extremely laugh out loud funny, can you? Everythings been done really, you can't blame them for "horrendously unfunny" scenes. It didn't ruin the movie, it just kept it going, I don't know about you, but I think it was a 8.5/10.
                              // cool //

Comment

GoldMember

I came in expecting some crappy movie. I only went to go see it, cuz I was out with my friends.

I found it quite delightful in most parts, although several jokes were very perverted and disguisting.

The movie started out GREAT and all the camios made the film great (Danny DeVito $$$)

Maybe it was that the 800 person theater was packed and everyone was laughing, but I laughed pretty much throughout the whole movie.

One thing I did NOT like was the ending. I mean... seriously~! who makes an ending like that?
                                When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
                                -John

Comment

Working...
                                X