Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: List of great movies.

Originally posted by demonfaze
    I'll just throw down a list of some of my favorite movies of all time for any of you that want to see which movies i would really recommend.

Rated: 10 out of 10 Movies (Opinion)
    Not in Order of favorite:

American Beauty
    I rented that movie. I thought it was a very well-made movie. There was so much symbolizm and Kevin Spacey's narration was so well constructed. Even though I didn't understand some of the symbolizm in the movie, I noticed it was there and appreciated it :P

My sister thought it sucked! At first, I thought she was an uncreative person who couldn't see art if she went to an art museum, but i realized that everyone is different and what she thinks is perfection, I may think of as junk.

One side-note though... My sister has a HIGH sense of gaydar. When she was watching the movie, she exclaimed, "yeah~ that guy is so gay!"
    I replied with a "WTH? really? Nah! He is the most anti-gay person I have EVER seen!"

Boy.. was I wrong!
    I asked her how she knew that person was gay and she replied, "GEEZ JOHN! I worked at Banana [Republic] for almost 6 months now! I think I would know gay people by now!"

Haha I thought that was hilarious.
    Last edited by JohnCho; 07-28-2002, 10:12 PM.
    When Is 1337 Bad? When It's Your Ping! :D
    -John

Comment

I heard gay people are wrong.

Speaking of gay people, why is there a 'Dimboy2' when 'Dimboy' isn't even registered? That just makes it THAT much gayer.

Comment

Re: GoldMember

Originally posted by JohnCho

One thing I did NOT like was the ending. I mean... seriously~! who makes an ending like that?
        Actually, the surprise cameo actor at the end once made a film with an ending like that. Sorta.

Comment

Re: Reign of Fire

Originally posted by Kid Kaos
          The movie started out pretty slow in the beggining but quickly picked up the pace once the dragons started eating people and what not. The acting was not half bad for what rolls they had to play with. Very enjoyable movie to see if you like watching lizards eat people. I suggest you see this while on some sort of drug or alcoholic beverage.

Overall Rating: B
          OMG that movie deserved an F!!! Mr. Matthew will never live this one down. I'd agree with you on the inebriation part.

There are a whole 3 or 4 scenes with dragons, and they all look like something off a 1996 computer game. Plus, the horrible acting! OH THE HORRIBLE ACTING! That had to have been one of the most horribly played movies EVER!

Note: Go see it drunk off your ass! I was rolling in my seat laughing the entire time at the sheer stupidity. I could just imagine what a drunk person might think.
          Reclusion
          "That's what's so illogical about being a smurf. I mean, what's the point in living if you don't have a dick?"

Comment

Re: Re: GoldMember

Originally posted by Troll King

Actually, the surprise cameo actor at the end once made a film with an ending like that. Sorta.
            camio? haha I must have forgotten who it was...

btw troll, dw3 is the best thing that happened to ps2
            -John

Comment

Office Space

Quickly becoming this generation's "Caddy Shack"?

One thing I wonder...
              After watching the movie, have people actually tried what Peter Gibbins (sp?) accomplished?

If so...
              I wonder what happened to them...
              -John

Comment

http://www.brotherhoodofthewolf.net/#

Comment

Signs

Saw this movie the other day. My lil brother saw it before and he said the whole thing was scary. Theres maybe 1 or 2 parts where u gasp but nothing thats gonna give u "nightmares". The movie's puzzle pieces all fall together in about the last 15 mins, which is when its at its best.

Movie Rating: A
                  :yawn:

Comment

Signs

Good stuff about the movie: very chilling and riveting. it makes you jump in your seat when you least expect it. A good storyline

until.......

THE ENDING: I'm not going to spoil it for you guys..but for people who have seen it - It's like the director spent a year writing the first 3/4 of the movie and a week on the last 1/4. The ending doesnt answer many questions.

But overall I liked it. Lots of scary parts, especially the Spanish birthday party.

RATING:B

Comment

Amalie

Good movie.

Deserved all the awards. I thought it was a nice cute movie for a change.
                      -John

Comment

Anyone see 8 legged freaks yet?
                        Seems like a pretty fun movie to me
                        Info people, info!
                        There's no place like 127.0.0.1

Comment

Soilent Green

Has anyone else seen this movie? For it's time it was on the cutting edge of suprise kick you in the head endings. You should at least watch it once. It gets my second highest rating... 11 thumbs up.
                          Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

My big fat Greak Wedding

The whole movie was fucking hilarious. It had a very Seinfeld feel in how everything seemed to tie together throughout the whole movie. The relationships between the people were very real. Overall A great date movie. Probably the best one out there. Road to Perdition sucked ass, if you think about seeing it, beat yourself with a hammer until you can't find your keys.
                            Mr 12 inch wonder

Comment

Re: Soilent Green

Originally posted by Mattey
                              Has anyone else seen this movie? For it's time it was on the cutting edge of suprise kick you in the head endings. You should at least watch it once. It gets my second highest rating... 11 thumbs up.
                              i'll ruin it for all: SOILENT GREEN IS PEOPLE!!! ITS PEEEOOPPLLLEEEE!!!!!!
                              Mayo Inc. - We should change god's name to "Tod"... see if there's any followers. - Mattey

Comment

Goldmember

That was by far the worst imitation (or whatever it's called) of a Dutch person. He got his accent all wrong, and Dutch people don't use the word 'Scheisse', because it's GERMAN.

Apart from that, I enjoyed the movie. Mini-me is seriously made out of hard material

Comment

Working...
                                X