• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i've always wanted to make this joke even though it's not very funny

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
    fuck you losers, I'm still better than every single one of you
    why be cool if -2ez-?
    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Dear IKM,

You're so gay it hurts.

Yours in love,
      DTF.
      Originally posted by Jeenyuss
      sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by Facetious View Post
        Meanwhile, people who have no common sense whatsoever but can read through Moby Dick without falling asleep are perceived as somehow extremely valuable in the work force.
        For the record, Moby-Dick is the best American novel ever written. It's a tour de force of American society but ultimately very rewarding (and I don't mean this in a Ulysses type way; the book is actually a fun read minus the encyclopedic chapters).

But I guess that has nothing to do with the workforce. I'm going to do my best to never have a real job so maybe my opinion doesn't count for most people. Still though, I'd require it to be read in every high school just so everyone has a legitimate chance to read it (because hardly anyone reads it on their own).

Comment

I think that To Kill a Mockingbird is so much better constructed and narrated, but I'm just a public high school kid, so who knows how that differs from being taught at a magnet school.
          sometimes i thrust my hips so my flaccid dick slaps my stomach, then my taint, then my stomach, then my taint. i like the sound.

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
            For the record, Moby-Dick is the best American novel ever written. It's a tour de force of American society but ultimately very rewarding (and I don't mean this in a Ulysses type way; the book is actually a fun read minus the encyclopedic chapters).

But I guess that has nothing to do with the workforce. I'm going to do my best to never have a real job so maybe my opinion doesn't count for most people. Still though, I'd require it to be read in every high school just so everyone has a legitimate chance to read it (because hardly anyone reads it on their own).
            I had to read it, and I just seriously could not pay attention to it. I could read like a page at a time before I completely spaced out. I'm not saying Moby Dick is bad, and I'm not saying that the ability to read Moby Dick doesn't translate to some job or another, but I'm never going to be able to sit down and read really wordy stuff that I have no interest in every day of my life, and I don't think I'm going to need to.
            5:gen> man
            5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

I went to a public school as well, but I was also in a magnet program in that school. No matter what school you go to or what college you go to I can guarantee that there will be people there smarter than you and people more motivated than you. Best advice is to worry about your own shit, make sure you look smarter than the other kids in your class, and individualize yourself (i.e. get a style that is yours to make it seem like you're irreplaceable).

Comment

Originally posted by DoTheFandango View Post
                Dear IKM,

You're so gay it hurts.

Yours in love,
                DTF.
                Dear DTF,

At least I wasn't rejected by Yale (yet). I will be in April, but thats besides the point.

Yours in non-homosexual love,
                IKM
                1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
                1: oar> yeah
                1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
                1: hed> and after dinner
                1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
                7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
                3: Nimesh> my sis does
                3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

I had to read it, and I just seriously could not pay attention to it. I could read like a page at a time before I completely spaced out. I'm not saying Moby Dick is bad, and I'm not saying that the ability to read Moby Dick doesn't translate to some job or another, but I'm never going to be able to sit down and read really wordy stuff that I have no interest in every day of my life, and I don't think I'm going to need to.
                  Gah. I agree with you there. Moby Dick was boring as hell. I understand that it's a meaningful book and all, but novels like that and Huck Finn just put me to sleep. My personal favorite American novel is probably The Great Gatsby, because I love the way the whole novel rolls off the tongue. That, and it's a redefinition, of sorts, of the American way of life. I also loved The People's History of the United States, though that wasn't a novel, and the Jungle by Upton Sinclair. But, enough about novels.

Sorry I'm late on this topic Sam, I was out at my dad's, and he doesn't have internet (who the fuck in this day and age doesn't have some form of the internet?). Anyways, I can't really answer what it's like to be rejected from a school, because I never was (not to gloat), but I can say that based on the conversations I've had with you outside of these forums, and the intellect you show in each of your posts, it isn't going to matter what college you go to. Smart people succeed no matter what their enviornment. So you didn't get into Uconn. That's their loss. If they wouldn't accept you, then go somewhere else and prove them wrong. I too didn't get to go to my first choice school, due to elements outside my control, but I've tried my best to do what I can with the school I've been given. Furthermore, now that I am where I'm at, I couldn't see myself attending anywhere else. A degree is a degree, and it really doesn't matter where you get it from. If you're the most qualified person in life, and you work hard (I know it's cliche, but I've found it's true), then good things will come your way.

So stop worrying. You'll be successful no matter where you go, and at least this way you'll get to experience something new and totally unexpected. Just do your best and have a blast.

Plus, I have a friend that goes to Yale, and I hung out with him last week, and all he could do was bitch about how uptight and gay Yale is.
                  Originally posted by Tone
                  Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by IKM View Post
                    Dear DTF,

At least I wasn't rejected by Yale (yet). I will be in April, but thats besides the point.

Yours in non-homosexual love,
                    IKM
                    Dear IKM,

At least I got the lead out and sent my application out early while still doing 10 other applications. What the fuck took you so long? Too busy jerking off to Proust?

Yours in uptight Yale love,
                    DTF

Comment

yeah, w.h. auden had a 4-point system for literature:

-i can tell it's good, and i like it
                      -i can tell it's good, but i don't like it
                      -i can tell it's bad, and i like it
                      -i can tell it's bad, but i don't like it

for me, moby dick is the second one, as well. books like, say, a million little pieces.. it's the third option.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Dear IKM,

At least I got the lead out and sent my application out early while still doing 10 other applications. What the fuck took you so long? Too busy jerking off to Proust?

Yours in uptight Yale love,
                        DTF
                        Dear DTF,

I only sent in my first application last week. Procrastination is like masturbation: it's fun until you realize you're just fucking yourself. I don't know how that responds to your question, but to stop beating around the bush: I've never even visited Yale. The only reason that I'm applying is that I'm being forced to (even though I'd probably like the school). From one of my perspectives, though, I'd prefer going to one of my safety schools and (hopefully) being at the top of the class than struggling to be in the bottom third of Yale's class, as I might want to go to graduate school.

In summary, cocks.

OH SEVEN ROCKS
                        IKM
                        1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
                        1: oar> yeah
                        1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
                        1: hed> and after dinner
                        1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
                        7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
                        3: Nimesh> my sis does
                        3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

I have that same evaluation with movies.

There are movies that I acknowledge as being "good," but that I don't personally like.

Then there are movies like Starship Troopers and Grandma's Boy, which I know are completely lacking any artistic talent, yet I love them.
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Haha, you haven't been to Yale? Boy oh boy, are you in for a surprise! Come up to CT some time and I'll show you around in a non-gay, totally hetero way. I know New Haven like the back of my hand, and I'd be glad to show you where all the cool kids hang out.

And by cool I mean completely lame, of course.

Comment

Haha, you haven't been to Yale? Boy oh boy, are you in for a surprise! Come up to CT some time and I'll show you around in a non-gay, totally hetero way. I know New Haven like the back of my hand, and I'd be glad to show you where all the cool kids hang out.

And by cool I mean completely lame, of course.
                              fart
                              turd

and

twat
                              Originally posted by turmio
                              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                              Originally posted by grand
                              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

and to sum up my thoughts on some other posts

-i went to a magnet school and consider myself pretty socially adept... but hey, different state, different results. not sure if you were saying "magnet = no social skills", face, but i'm tossing it out there.

-DTF, i heavily, heavily recommend going to a laid back school your first year. one, they're generally cheaper, two, you can get the partying out of your system and then buck up for Yale or whatever.

trust me. i took the low dive and went to LSUS. although it IS part of the LSU system, it's not LSU. at the beginning of the year i'd be working as a busboy at a restaraunt and my friends who go to Baylor, Tulane, LSU, etc... it was always awkward, like "yeah, i'm a busboy at a community college.. how's your free ride?" The worst part though is, (not being egotistic here), people generally have me pegged as a "smart" dude (decathlon, debate, the only middle schooler to have literary works submitted to, and then win first in, high school art competitions), and so they'll be like "So you stayed home, huh? You must be at Centenary (which is a very expensive, very prestigious college in my town), and then I have to be like "nope... LSUS." and cue the condecending stares.

but more than half are failing out 'cause they discovered drinking during freshman year, which is generally the hardest. the dude from baylor lost all his scholarhips, the dude at georgia tech is now going to louisiana tech (which is like the out-of-toen version of my college), the guy from tulane is taking a year off, the girl at UT got knocked up at a party and is coming home.

it's only been one semester.

meanwhile, i've been keeping pace with their partying - if not more - and i'm doing fine - actually, better than high school. my scholarship possibilities to the real LSU have literally doubled. i went from the possibility of a student loan to a near-free ride.
                                NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Working...
                                X