No announcement yet.

Fuck College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Epi, what can you do with an MD besides practice medicine? I hear consulting (my cousin says that McKinsey sometimes hires MDs for consulting) is one option. I'm kinda wondering if medical devices is a possibility ... minus the fact that I don't have an engineering degree. I'm purposely ignoring any type of administrative role as well.

Comment

• I read all these posts, I don't know why. Here are my thoughts:

1. I got rejected from Yale back in the day; therefore, Yale sucks.

2. I'm still buddies with my highschool friends, moreso than my college friends. But we also all moved back to Pittsburgh after college, so yeah, that kind of makes it easy.

3. I read Moby Dick twice. You suck Face.

4. Face is right though that people who go to TJ are fucked up. I had two roommates in college who went to TJ... complete social trainwrecks when having to deal with non nerds.

5. College really only helps you get your first job, after about a year out of college no one really gives a fuck where you went or what you did.

6. If you really want to impress with your degree though, you can always get a masters or something, at which point no one cares where you went to undergrad.

7. 2 weeks ago I just got a really high paying computer programming job. Was it because I had my masters in computer science from an ivy league school? No, it was because I played ultimate frisbee for 2 years with the two guys who interviewed me. Yeah you gotta be qualified for the job, but after that it's really about who you know and what you've done, not where you went. (Although I will admit my degree probably did play a significant factor in the pay they offered me, so yeah, it does have its worth.)

8. I forget what 8 was for.

9. Both myspace and facebook are gay. I'm sorry, that's just how it is.

10. Tuition at an ivy league school without financial aid is around $35,000. Throw in an extra $10,000 for housing and dining.

11. Sidenote: My last year of college I got a $5000 stipend to work as a TA. My job included spending 3 hours grading one homework assignment. That was it, no office hours, nothing. That was the best job ever.

Comment

• I just confirmed my acceptance to Sheridan for Broadcast Journalism :]
        it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
          I always thought that myspace was for high schoolers and that facebook was, somehow, a tiny step above that level of stupid.
          I'm apart of a group of co-workers, generally it's for the employees but there is a couple of old assistant managers that use to work there. There was a thread about your favourite manager and I said that I hated one but he was better than another manager. My manager that I said was worse than the other one I hated approached me about my comment and thought it was a big deal. I basically had to defend a comment I made over an internet site even though I don't hate the guy he's just not as efficient as the other manager even if the manager who is more efficient is a dick.

I later found out from this manager that someone emailed him my post, that or he checked the thread on facebook because he's concerned about who likes and dislikes him.
          it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

• Originally posted by Sufficient View Post
            Hey Epi, what can you do with an MD besides practice medicine? I hear consulting (my cousin says that McKinsey sometimes hires MDs for consulting) is one option. I'm kinda wondering if medical devices is a possibility ... minus the fact that I don't have an engineering degree. I'm purposely ignoring any type of administrative role as well.
            You can do consulting perhaps, or work as an expert witness for law firms, or work for insurance companies to see if people really are not just faking claims or something. You can also work for drug companies. That's really all you can do without further special training (i.e. if you want to do public policy or something, it's more training in epidemiology to even be considered) that is directly using your degree.
            Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
            www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
            www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Cops View Post
              I'm apart of a group of co-workers, generally it's for the employees but there is a couple of old assistant managers that use to work there. There was a thread about your favourite manager and I said that I hated one but he was better than another manager. My manager that I said was worse than the other one I hated approached me about my comment and thought it was a big deal. I basically had to defend a comment I made over an internet site even though I don't hate the guy he's just not as efficient as the other manager even if the manager who is more efficient is a dick.

I later found out from this manager that someone emailed him my post, that or he checked the thread on facebook because he's concerned about who likes and dislikes him.
              Er.. that's why you don't post stuff you wouldn't want people to find out about on the internet
              Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
              www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
              www.animeslice.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Fit of Rage View Post
                I always thought that myspace was for high schoolers and that facebook was, somehow, a tiny step above that level of stupid.
                Myface is the same thing as spacebook.
                Originally posted by paradise!
                pretty sure the flu is just bacteria found everywhere, just during the winter our immune systems are at its lowest, thus the bacteria aren't exactly killed off.
                1:Reaver> HALP
                1:Reaver> HELELP
                1:Reaver> SAW CRANS MOM NAKED
                1:Reaver> HELP YOU DUMB FUCKS

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                  Er.. that's why you don't post stuff you wouldn't want people to find out about on the internet
                  I've been with my job for two years but this manager has made it abundantly clear that if i screw up he'll fire me, he already yelled at me for being five minutes late.

Comment

Working...
                  X