Qualities for President '08

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Qualities for President '08

What do you guys regard as the most important qualities/opinions/views/beliefs etc... in supporting a future candidate for president?

For me;

1) Evidence of Christianity
    2) Against same sex marriages
    3) Against Abortion
    4) Willing to defend Christian organizations which come under attack by various groups such as ACLU or willing to help those organizations which suffer unfortunate problems.
    May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

What are you doing?

Seriously...you're just asking for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Send View Post
      What are you doing?

Seriously...you're just asking for it.
      Indirectly probably, but I'm seriously wondering, what do you guys look for in a president or political leader. Not some secret agenda, it just so happens those are my standards.
      May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Dear Other Countries of the World,

Would you please take our crazies and zealots? We'll pay you. Seriously. Take them away, please.

Sincerely,
        The Ol' U.S.A.
        Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

In other words, bluebaze is the only one on this forum that voted for Bush.
          Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Qualities I look for in the next US President:

1) Must dress sensibly
            2) Must like Spaced and Green Wing
            3) Favourite colour must be royal blue
            4) Must take a holiday once in a while, there's a lot of stress in that job
            5) English
            Originally posted by Facetious
            edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I am Jewish, somewhat religious, but honestly I'd prefer an overtly Christian president. As long as his background doesn't spill over into his decisions (inevitably it will, but again, this is an "ideal"). My theory is you can distract super-religious Christians into thinking everything's just great with a lollipop in the form of "Our president is Christian, everything will be fine" to suck on. Once they're docile, there's a whole lot less drama in politics. Oh, and... if you don't like gay marriages, don't get one.

EDIT: Btw, I voted for Bush. Don't bother flaming me for it in hindsight of the war(s), because Kerry was someone who didn't belong anywhere near a podium at the time of the elections.

Comment

1) Must know how to play Air-Hockey
                2) Can't be older than 45 when he starts the term
                3)Can't take the internet or videogames seriously
                4) Smokes a little weed now and then and isn't afraid to admit it
                My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Without having previously touched an air-hockey table in about a year, I discovered on boxing day that my skills have considerabley improved

Comment

sounds like you might be in the running

is jerome still your campaign manager?
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by Aquatiq View Post
                      Don't bother flaming me for it in hindsight of the war(s), because Kerry was someone who didn't belong anywhere near a podium at the time of the elections.
                      Aqua, you know that I love you, but that statement is ridiculous. The war was already shit before the election of 04'.

If you said the "hindsight" thing about voting for Bush rather than Gore, then I wouldn't have a problem with the statement.

Comment

Originally posted by Liquid Blue View Post
                        sounds like you might be in the running

is jerome still your campaign manager?
                        Depends what he's just taken. I don't want a campaign manager who spends most of his time staring at the lights

Comment

He must:
                          A.) Hate Christians
                          B.) Hate Jews
                          C.) Hate Muslims
                          D.) Hate Asians
                          E.) Hate Euros
                          F.) Hate Atheists
                          G.) Be willing to go to war for no reason other than sustaining American dominance in the world

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
                            What do you guys regard as the most important qualities/opinions/views/beliefs etc... in supporting a future candidate for president?

For me;

1) Evidence of Christianity
                            2) Against same sex marriages
                            3) Against Abortion
                            4) Willing to defend Christian organizations which come under attack by various groups such as ACLU or willing to help those organizations which suffer unfortunate problems.
                            you could have said all that in one point.

1)President must be a devoute christian, preferably a catholic.

although i find point 3 interesting, if say a woman was raped, and subsequently discoverd she was pregnant, you would not want that person to have the option of an abortion?

Comment

Of course not! Killing babies is against the lawz.

Comment

Working...
                              X