X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Useless Crap

Comment

Originally posted by Chao. View Post
      Please show me statistics directly connecting leading a Godly lifetyle to being less likely to get raped.

The information you quoted is nothing profound. It's like saying AIDs can be prevented by wearing a condom. That's basic knowledge of the risks of sex. Please find something a little more suited to your argument.
      The information is quite direct, and easily connects to living a godly lifestyle to severelylowering your risk for rape. Drunkenness and taking drugs are absolute abominations to the Lord, and by getting drunk and taking drugs, you increase your vulnerability to be raped. Going out in clubs, (not something that a Christian should do) will also increase your chances of getting raped. Prostituting your body, another sinful lifestyle, also increases your chances of getting raped. Pre-marital sex, increases your odds of getting raped. If you make close friendship with people who are ungodly, you increase your odds of getting raped.

A godly Christian lifestyle doesn't include drunkenness, (I'm not talking about just drinking alcohol, yet I still disagree with it, but for the sake of sticking on topic) smoking drugs, pre-martial sex, prostitution, clubbing, equally yoking yourself with the unbeliever (also known as, making close friendships with unsaved people) are all things that should be removed from a Christian godly lifestyle. They are also all things that increase your odds of getting raped. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to link the two together, its an obvious connection.
      May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

Originally posted by Blueblaze View Post
        By the way, don't steal bandwidth, read the sticky post by Iggy, it'll help fix that image.
        Thanks

Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

You took several facts and made very broad leaps of logic with them. The odd thing is that the same logic can interpret those facts in many different ways.

From your logic, after you listed the stat that "In 8 out of 10 rape cases, the victim knows the perpetrator", I almost expected you to say: "you have a better chance of not being raped if you DON'T KNOW ANYONE AT ALL. Therefore, secluding yourself from all human contact will protect you!"

You also managed to associate going to college with hanging out with ungodly people. You made a broad claim that Christian colleges are safer, yet offer no data to back that up. Yet that made you feel safe enough to declare them to be more than 89.9% safer.

You argued that people of poor educational status can lead to women being more prone to being raped, and that women who go to colleges and universities are also more prone to being raped. Apparantly, you have to be in the exact 50th percentile of intelligence to be completely safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazytalk
            LB's citation for his claims.... 0
            Oh I'm sorry, would you like me to lay everything out for you in a nice long post full of links for you to go read? By all means let me take care of that now. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's step back to your previous post.

Liquid Blue, it is obvious that you don't know your statistics if you claim only 1% to that and I never claimed that every case of rape was part of the woman's fault, but the odds of getting raped were severally increased by an immoral lifestyle.
            You're right, I didn't spend the time to look for specific statistics because I didn't think I would need to- common sense would dictate that you wouldn't come up with something as ludicrous as claiming that it's a woman's fault for being raped, and that they should have the baby if they get pregnant from being raped. You said it's a majority of their fault, when it fact it is never their fault for being raped- regardless of their lifestyle.

90% of women who were raped, atleast in college, knew their victim. If you hang around people who evidence themselves as Christians and seek sex after marriage, then that gets rid of probably 89.9% of rape at college in the cases mentioned. As well, if you end up going to a Christian university, that will even more so lower your odds for rape.
            Although college is a major time frame and dangerous area in which many women are raped, it's not the only area, and it's not the main one to draw from, just because you can find slanted opinions to fit your view on immoral lifestyles. If you go to a christian university, you'll lower the odds? Bullshit, give me sources for blatant exaggerations like that before you go around spouting them like fact.

We'll start with specific numbers to help you realize just how many women are raped each year.

Originally posted by RapeStatistics

# Every two and a half minutes, somewhere in America, someone is sexually assaulted.
            # One in six American women are victims of sexual assault, and one in 33 men.
            # In 2004-2005, there were an average annual 200,780 victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assault.
            # About 44% of rape victims are under age 18, and 80% are under age 30.
            In 2005, there were 191,670 victims of rape, attempted rape or sexual assaults according to the 2005 National Crime Victimization Survey (pdf).

Of the average annual 200,780 victims in 2004-2005, about 64,080 were victims of completed rape, 51,500 were victims of attempted rape, and 85,210 were victims of sexual assault.

http://www.rainn.org/statistics/index.html

We're talking about women here, so I'll take out the 10% of males that are raped- that leaves us with about 180,702 women raped in the past year. About 44% of them are under 18, and 80% of them are under 30, which means that at best, only 36% of the women raped are in the college range. That's less than half the total amount of women raped, yet it's used as the bulk of your defense.

Originally posted by CrazyTalk
            Don't consume alcohol, live a godly lifestyle.
            You know, just live a christian life style and you have little to no chance of getting raped, right?

Originally posted by AmericanRape Statistics
            One of the most startling aspects of sex crimes is how many go unreported. The most common reasons given by women for not reporting these crimes are the belief that it is a private or personal matter and the fear of reprisal from the assailant.

Approximately 28% of victims are raped by husbands or boyfriends, 35% by acquaintances, and 5% by other relatives. (Violence against Women, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Dept. of Justice, 1994)

The FBI estimates that only 37% of all rapes are reported to the police. U.S. Justice Department statistics are even lower, with only 26% of all rapes or attempted rapes being reported to law enforcement officials.

In 1994-1995, only 251,560 rapes and sexual assaults were reported to law enforcement officials -- less than one in every three. (National Crime Victimization Survey, Bureau of Justice Statistics, U.S. Department of Justice, 1996.)

Family violence and abuse are among the most prevalent forms of interpersonal violence against women and young children -- both boys and girls. The sexual abuse of a child should never be "just a family matter," but many children are afraid to report an incident to the police because the abusers are too often a family friend or relative.

Using Uniform Crime Report data for 1994 and 1995, the Bureau of Justice Statistics found that of rape victims who reported the offense to law enforcement, about 40% were under the age of 18, and 15% were younger than 12.4

The National Crime Victimization Survey indicates that for 1992-1993, 92% of rapes were committed by known assailants.1 About half of all rapes and sexual assaults against women are committed by friends and acquaintances, and 26% are by intimate partners.
            http://www.paralumun.com/issuesrapestats.htm

Originally posted by Rape Myths
            1.You are safe at work.

Fact: Over 13,000 women are raped on the job each year in the United States

2. Rape doesn't happen very often.

Fact: Every 6 minutes another person is raped in the United States.

15. Rape only happens to women who are on the streets late at night.

Fact: Rape happens everywhere. It happens on the job, in our homes, in parking lots and at school.
            http://www.hopeforhealing.org/myths.html

If you don't consume alcohol or hang around people who do, you remove 80% of your chance for being raped by a date rape drug.
            You reduce the chance of having the drug in your system, not from being raped.

Espouce a Godly Christian and don't have sex until marriage.
            If your sexually active with someone, they are more likely prone to rape, then someone who you are not sexually active with. If you have sex with 50 guys before marriage, and then marry 1 of them, you are a higher risk candidate for rape then someone who has sex with 0 guys before marriage, and then marry 1 of them.

Originally posted by DateRapeFacts
            "It's not rape if the man is her boyfriend or husband or if they have had sex before."

A woman has the right to decide what she does with her body at all times - if she does not want to have sex, it is her decision, even if she willingly had sex with the man before.

"When a woman agrees to "make out" with a man, she is implying that will have intercourse with him, too."

Everyone has the right to say "no" to sexual activity, regardless of what has preceded it, and to have that "no" respected.
            http://www.smartersex.org/date_rape/facts_myths.asp

Originally posted by Rape Myths
            10. Husbands can't rape their wives. It's her duty.

Fact: As many as 14% of women who have been married have also been victims of rape by their husbands.

11. Women cry rape because they had sex and changed their minds.

Fact: Rape is the most underreported crime in the country. Only 16% are ever reported to the police.

12. If it is really rape then the victim will report it immediately.

Fact: Responses collected from the National Women's Study show 84% of rape victims never reported the crime at all.
            Moving on to next post, still have alot to say~
            My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Guys let me remind you that you can ignore someone by viewing their profile and adding them to your ignore list.

Comment

-Trash Talk

Blueblaze,

I welcome diversity of opinions and legitimate debate. But what I don't welcome is when someone manufactures threads in the General Discussion/Pub Chat subforum purely to elicit a visceral, negative response. It's perfectly reasonable to ask that you keep the trash talk to Trash Talk, and useless crap to Useless Crap. But if you want to have a reasonable debate and keep it relatively on topic, then please---I welcome you to stay.

On the other hand, if you want to start a thread about the 2008 elections then quickly end up writing an essay about how Jesus thinks it's cool to rape chicks, then you're pretty much begging for me to decompress the toilet and eject your bullshit threads into space.

Edit: Looks like A to the Q has a different perspective. Whatever. As long as it's out of Gen Disc, problem solved.

Comment

the new forum mods are good :wub:

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Rapestatistics
                    The adult pregnancy rate associated with rape is estimated to be 4.7%. This information, in conjunction with estimates based on the U.S. Census, suggest that there may be 32,101 annual rape-related pregnancies among American women over the age of 18.17
                    32,000 babies born out of wedlock, born from rape. Since this is the main point where all this discussion came from, let's take a look at the effects of the rape, since you think it's ok to just have the baby even though the woman has just gone through a traumatic experience:

Non-genital physical injuries occur in approximately 40% of completed rape cases.18 As many as 3% of all rape cases have non-genital injuries requiring overnight hospitalization.19

Victims of rape often manifest long-term symptoms of chronic headaches,fatigue, sleep disturbance, recurrent nausea,decreased appetite, eating disorders, menstrual pain, sexual dysfunction,and suicide attempts.21 In a longitudinal study, sexual assault was found to increase the odds of substance abuse by a factor of 2.5.24

Estimates of the occurrence of sexually transmitted diseases resulting from rape range from 3.6% to 30%.18,22 HIV transmission risk rate from rape is estimated at 1 in 500,22,25 although a few probable cases have been documented in Sweden and Great Britain. 26,27

Victims of marital or date rape are 11 times more likely to be clinically depressed, and 6 times more likely to experience social phobia than are non-victims. Psychological problems are still evident in cases as long as 15 years after the assault.28

Fatalities occur in about 0.1% of all rape cases.29,30

The National Public Services Research Institute estimates the lifetime cost for each rape with physical injuries which occurred in 1987 to be $60,000.32
                    But that's all worth it for the kids, right? The kids

5) How you live your life increases your odds
                    Originally posted by USCRapeEducation

22% of females raped are under the age of 12 years; 32% are 12-17 years old; 29% 18-24 years old; 17% over 25 years old. 83% of those raped are under the age of 25 years old. (National Institute of Justice 1998)

Women with disabilities are raped and abused at twice the rate of the general population. (Sobsey 1994)

# Sexual assault is reported by 33-46% of women who are being physically assaulted by their husbands. (AMA 1995)
                    http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html

Are you starting to realize that it's not totally dependent on how a woman lives her life? That even women who marry men of the christian faith (unless you want to try and argue how most of America isn't christian) end up being victims of rape and sexual abuse?

That there are more cases and situations of rape that will and do repeatedly pop up regardless of how good of a christian you are? That rape does not just happen if you drink or go to college?

It doesn't matter how educated you are, it doesn't matter where you live or how adamant you are in your belief of God; bad things happen to good people all the time and it does not matter who or what you are when it comes to rape. You can't just use a blanket statement and say that the majority of women that are raped deserve it, or that they should have the baby. You talk of murder? You have no idea what they went through when they were raped, what kind of hell they had to deal with so how can you try and judge them in regards to whether they want to keep the child?

I'm not overly religious as some but it pains me when such ignorance is put forth, especially from one that is trying to preach God's word. Your lack of respect for your fellow man (and women) is disgusting and you seriously need to step back and pray for better understanding in the future. Opening your mouth about something you don't know anything about, and then going to wikipedia in hopes of defending your ignorant assumptions is just as bad as the actions of some of the non-believers you come across.
                    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

you fags would do this after i type up two long ass posts

fuckers

sigh

Comment

A while ago there was a 3 year old girl kidnapped from the bath and raped, was that her fault for dressing inappropiatly?

Holy fuck you disgust me.

Please people don't think all christians are like this trolling cunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Subjugation View Post
                          -Trash Talk

Blueblaze,

I welcome diversity of opinions and legitimate debate. But what I don't welcome is when someone manufactures threads in the General Discussion/Pub Chat subforum purely to elicit a visceral, negative response. It's perfectly reasonable to ask that you keep the trash talk to Trash Talk, and useless crap to Useless Crap. But if you want to have a reasonable debate and keep it relatively on topic, then please---I welcome you to stay.

On the other hand, if you want to start a thread about the 2008 elections then quickly end up writing an essay about how Jesus thinks it's cool to rape chicks, then you're pretty much begging for me to decompress the toilet and eject your bullshit threads into space.

Edit: Looks like A to the Q has a different perspective. Whatever. As long as it's out of Gen Disc, problem solved.
                          Yet again, words in my mouth. Never once have I supported rape, nor think "Jesus thinks it's cool to rape chicks." When you remove God from society, problems such as rape come about, and when you remove God from your lifestyle, you bring these problems upon yourself. Superted, that is a percentage rarity as only about 10% of people who are raped, are raped at a young age.
                          May my ambition be, more love of Christ to thee.

Comment

"22% of females raped are under the age of 12 years; 32% are 12-17 years old; 29% 18-24 years old; 17% over 25 years old. 83% of those raped are under the age of 25 years old."

http://www2.ucsc.edu/rape-prevention/statistics.html

So you like being wrong?

Comment

Originally posted by Superted View Post
                              Please people don't think all christians are like this trolling cunt.
                              No superted, don't even think you're on his level.

Comment

Fucking hell, what does rape have to do with abortion. One should be allowed to remove anything growing from their own body. I don't give a shit that you sleep with the bible between your legs, it doesn't harm society so it's none of your business.
                                I wake up at night crying that the Netherlands will be ruled by Christians again and all our liberties will shift back a few centuries.

Okay, let me steep to your level:
                                God has taught you that sinners will rot in hell till eternity, so there is no need for you to tell them how they should live their lives or what sins they can't commit.
                                You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Working...
                                X