Vista

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vista

So it's coming out today (get with the times America (whole continent) it's already the 30th over here). Anyone plan on buying it any time soon? If so, which of the 4? Home Basic, Home Premium, Business or Ultimate?

I hear you need a pretty good computer to run Aero (lots of graphics at the starting of windows, not included in the Home basic version). I read about this test done of Ultimate on a brand new high tech Toshiba and a 2 year old IBM. XP ran perfectly fine and fast on the IBM one, but it had troubles with the Aero stuff from Vista.

Apparently Vista is a big improvement from XP, way better security, easier to handle and it has DirectX10. Also it looks a lot like XP use wise, so it's easy to get used to. It looks more apple like and has the little things for your Desktop like apple (a clock stuff like that, forget the apple term for it). Office 2007 is coming out later this year and that seems to be waaaay different from Office XP so that will take a whole new learning session to get a handle on that.

Overall, Vista is supposed to be a huge improvement from XP, but also very expensive cause it cost like 10 billion to make. Home Basic (from the top of my head) is around 200, Home premium around 300, business around 400 and ultimate around 500. Though it's cheaper if you already have a version.

So yeah, anyone planning on getting this any time soon? Or everyone gonna wait at least a year or wait till they buy a whole new computer?
    Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

I wasn't going to bother upgrading, frankly. I saw the beta and the GUI doesn't look that impressive. Symantec and Spy Sweeper do a good enough job for security so I'm pretty sure that it's not worth it to pay $200+ for a security upgrade.
    5:royst> i was junior athlete of the year in my school! then i got a girlfriend
    5:the_paul> calculus is not a girlfriend
    5:royst> i wish it was calculus

1:royst> did you all gangbang my gf or something

1:fermata> why dont you get money fuck bitches instead

Comment

probably after a year ill just get a new computer with vista and all that so all the issues can be fixed so i dont gotta update them myself
      LA

Comment

I'll do alright without it, thanks.
        Originally posted by Ward
        OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Currently running Windows SS..ez.

Comment

ive had vista on one of my comps for what... 7 months?

nothing too special imo.
            Displaced> I get pussy every day
            Displaced> I'm rich
            Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
            Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
            Thors> prolly
            Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

had it for a while too. the voice recognition is cool but you have to read it sentences for hours and hours before it learns your voice and gets accurate.i took a bong hit with it on and it did "pressing end key" lol. so somehow bubbles sound like "press end". i was using it for documents alot but its irritating when my kids come in and all of a sudden i have 4 paragraphs of them bugging me for a soda. doesnt do profanity either.
              Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
              1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
              Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
              caco <ER>> )Oo
              caco <ER>> bot thief!
              caco <ER>> duel me for it
              Evasive <E> no!
              Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

DirectX 10

I don't know about anybody else, but that's fancy shit rite thur. I'll have to get one of them fancy GeForce 8800's, though.
                f

Comment

DirectX10 is the only thing that will matter and even then you need a Geforce 80 series card. Microsoft promised too much and didn't deliver. The DRM shit alone is going to suck.

Comment

I had vista on one of my harddrives for quite awhile now... I don't really care for it. There aren't enough drivers for it to be impressive. My vid card lags, only half of my games work, and most productivity tools act funny overall.

Plus microsoft plans to support XP for what, another 8 years? As neat as this new OS is, it still has a long ways to go before proper software/drivers are developed for it.

As for the DX10 stuff, it needs at least another year or so for developers to take advantage of it. In the long run, the next-gen technology is really going to show. Just think of it as a PS3.
                    TelCat> i am a slut not a hoe
                    TelCat> hoes get paid :(
                    TelCat> i dont

Comment

not going to upgrade yet. will wait at least to after SP1 is out (autumn or something.).

bio: support is to 2012, i think, so only 5 years, but by then there will probably be a vista 2.0..
                      Throughout time, there’s been
                      crimes, throughout our history
                      But not as great, as the one of late, affecting you and me
                      Once a nation proud and free, and now we’re weeping sorrow’s tears
                      Tragedy’s approaching, it’s worse than all your fears

Come on my countrymen
                      Come on and take a stand
                      Don’t let ‘em take away your land

the Wenger bus is coming
                      and all the kids are running
                      from London to Manchester
                      cos he's a child molester

fuck islam

Comment

I'll probably get like a new computer next year and get Vista on it with that.
                        Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                          Did you read that whole thing?
                          Originally posted by Tone
                          Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Hey, someone had to do it, might as well be me instead of DTF, right?

5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                            5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                            5: Da1andonly> =((
                            5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                            5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                            5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
                              Did you read that whole thing?
                              A while ago, yeah. Why do you ask?
                              Originally posted by Ward
                              OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Working...
                              X