Reason #3245 to buy an XBox 360.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reason #3245 to buy an XBox 360.

So, right now I'm home from school for presidents day weekend, and when I awoke this morning, my mom told me I had a letter from Microsoft.

Rewind back to when I first got my 360 (for Xmas...it was a generation 1) was "fortunate" enough to be the 1 in every 4 customers that had their xbox crap out on them. After it broke, I called the Xbox hotline to ask how I was supposed to go about fixing it. They informed me that I would have to pay $132 to have it fixed, and that it would take 3-5 weeks. Well, I paid my $132 and got a new one back that I haven't had any problems with (aside from the faith I lost in MS when I had to pay over $100 3 months after owning my system).

Fast forward back to this morning, when I was surprised (to say the least) to open the envelope and find a check for $132. As it turns out, the part in my Xbox that caused it to malfunction was eventually recalled. As a result, they were sending out reimbersment to all those that paid to have it repaired, despite the faulty part.

The point of the story being that MS essentially just bought me a new 250 gig hard drive from Best Buy. Thanks Microsoft.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

well sort of
    Rigor> mastersword im thinking u, me and a bottle of crisco baby
    Mastersword> ROFL
    Mastersword> really?

(TWDBot)>Your squad rating has just changed from 813 to 813, after losing the Javelin match vs dicE. You are #34 in TWJD - For detailed info go to

#21 - Don't forget

Comment

Originally posted by Squeezer View Post
      The point of the story being that MS essentially just bought me a new 250 gig hard drive from Best Buy. Thanks Microsoft.
      It was probably a special sale or something but I got a 300Gb hard drive last week for 120 Canadian from Best Buy.

Comment

Originally posted by Kolar View Post
        It was probably a special sale or something but I got a 300Gb hard drive last week for 120 Canadian from Best Buy.
        Isn't that like 12 dollars American, or something?
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Isn't that like 12 dollars American, or something?
          103.110??
          thread killer

Also who changed to pw to Squadless, how am I supposed to fly the banner of sucking at the game

Comment

Originally posted by Edify View Post
            ....I was being sarcastic?

Comment

If it's a reimbursement, then wouldn't it mean that you bought yourself a 250 gig hard drive with your own money after letting Microsoft hold onto said cash for a while without paying any interest?

Comment

Originally posted by Troll King View Post
                If it's a reimbursement, then wouldn't it mean that you bought yourself a 250 gig hard drive with your own money after letting Microsoft hold onto said cash for a while without paying any interest?
                It's still $132 that I didn't expect to ever see again.

And it's pretty good customer service, considering they sent me a check almost a year after I sent them one.

Comment

u mean: Reason NOT to buy an xbox?

1 in every 4 customers that had their xbox crap out on them.
                  ff

Comment

Use your girlfriend's Xbox 360. And her Wii. And her PSP
                    Originally posted by Facetious
                    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

It's still $132 that I didn't expect to ever see again.

And it's pretty good customer service, considering they sent me a check almost a year after I sent them one.
                      Would you not call that really, really slow customer service? As in BAD service?
                      jee

Comment

I recieved a letter from microsoft a couple years back saying that my xbox might spontaneously combust into flames because of something wrong with the power coord or something. I had the Xbox for 4 years and it never burst into flames, fuck paying for shipping for a part I didn't need.
                        f

Comment

Originally posted by ZeUs!! View Post
                          Use your girlfriend's Xbox 360. And her Wii. And her PSP
                          I don't even want to know what she's like.
                          5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
                          5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
                          5: Da1andonly> =((
                          5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
                          5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
                          5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Are you going to wait for the Black 360?

The black ones have bigger hard drives than the white ones
                            USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                              Are you going to wait for the Black 360?

The black ones have bigger hard drives than the white ones
                              I'm not gonna lie..i kinda wanna make a penis joke

Comment

Working...
                              X