Fox News or Faux News

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fox News or Faux News

I recently came into contact with a few video's made by ex-employee's from Fox news in which they talked about how Fox news runs. I've always been skeptical of Fox news, most news stations actually. I was wondering if other people felt that Fox news does artificial news or if the people making these video's aren't legit themselves. If you haven't seen any of the video's heres one for you to take a look at-- it was a story based on rBGH and it's links to cancer.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RlAiTprpXc&NR

Some people might say who cares, but the truth is that many Americans watch news and take it for the truth. When the news isn't reported accurately and in it's entirety then people aren't going to stand against things like this since they're not aware of it.

Whether what these ex-employee's say is true or not I don't think it's a Fox only problem.
    1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P
    3:Best> lol someone is going to sig that
    3:Best> see it coming
    3:Best> sad

Considering that FOX keeps O'Reilly on the air basically shows the professional type attitude in producing news. Not to leave out the asshole of Fox news Brit "the dick" Hume. I swear that if Bush would whip his dick out, Hume would be on his knee's with open mouth waiting for it!

You know I am jaded about this topic, as all I can say is that FOX NEWS–makes Al Jazeera look “Fair & Balanced.”

I wonder why FOX is the only news channel pumped into the troops in Iraq and Afghanistan? Perhaps it could be that they only favor Pro War news? and everything Pro-Bush?

Not to spin off course, but didn't you find it odd that FOX will be hosting the 1st Democratic Presidential Debate? At least Obama made the smart decision to Skip the FOX NEWS Democratic debate.

If anything could answer the questions in regards to the legitamacy of Fox news, keep inmind that they have Geraldo Rivera on their team.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

Yeah I dislike Fox News for the reason that they don't even try to conceal their political standing. They're entirely pro-Republican and they make it known without shame. Bill O'Reilly is a fucking joke.

CNN is the only 100% news channel that I respect because they play stories from both sides and they seem to be much more unbiased about their stories.
      oar> anyone in here good with math?
      Ignominy> o+a+r=suck

kid kaos> da fuk u doin on ignites squad
      Sention> YO KK WTF U DOING OUT OF JAIL?!

1:Mantra-Slider> HI MY NAME IS AUDIT AND I DONT REALISE ITS HARD TO PLEASE 25 GUYS AT THE SAME TIME

Displaced> audit is just the king of cool ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Audit
        CNN is the only 100% news channel that I respect because they play stories from both sides and they seem to be much more unbiased about their stories.
        I dislike that format. Two people with polarized view points screaming at each other is hardly worth watching. It's also too sensational, it's either repeating the head lines every 5 minutes or telling you what it's gonna say in the next 60 seconds. Up here on basic cable we have CNN but they got rid of CNN headline news which was turning more Fox like with that whore Nancy Grace and that fuck Glenn Beck. Online news is the only thing I can tolerate.
        Last edited by Kolar; 03-08-2007, 07:11 PM.

Comment

i remember being 15 and in my history class. (oo thats ten years ago )

i was then shown russian propaganda footage from the cold war which showed ppl from west berlin trying to cross the wall into the U.S.S.R. -- my teacher ridiculed it, i hated him he was a horrible man

my first thought then was hmm well isn't what we see also not propoganda ? Aren't we exposed to propaganda in a daily basis but its evolved into a slicker form than that off those 50 year old versions, why just like our adverts have evolved.... i mean can you trust these ppl? They have power, monies and are going to protect their interests, whoever controls the media controls the majority of the ppl .. politicians crave power, power corrupts , put these together and start to think hmm

yes fox news is utter shit with an extreme right wing slant cuase its murdochs puppet ....

alot of other media are the same

welcome tothe fucked up world we live in

boooooo
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

just watch the documentary - Outfoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism

Comment

Well first off let me say thanks for everyone who has replied , although politics wasn't the exact thing I was interested in discussing/agreeing on it certainly has a role in this.

I think there are plenty of people who would rather live life thinking that everything they see is truth and be happily deceived rather than question what information is given to them and possibly know that the World might not be as it's portrayed.
              Originally posted by Pressure Drop View Post
              i was then shown russian propaganda footage from the cold war which showed ppl from west berlin trying to cross the wall into the U.S.S.R. -- my teacher ridiculed it, i hated him he was a horrible man
              my first thought then was hmm well isn't what we see also not propoganda ? Aren't we exposed to propaganda in a daily basis but its evolved into a slicker form than that off those 50 year old versions, why just like our adverts have evolved.... i mean can you trust these ppl? They have power, monies and are going to protect their interests, whoever controls the media controls the majority of the ppl .. politicians crave power, power corrupts , put these together and start to think hmm
              Large groups of people will always be easily led astray with falsified propaganda. Ever heard of the concept 'group-think'? It's the way that smart people working collectively can be dumber than the sum of their brains. Interesting studies have been done with the concept to prove it's validity.
              1:Best> lol why is everyone mad that roiwerk got a big dick stickin out his underwear, it's really attractive :P

Comment

Believe it or not, I don't watch the news to find out the latest stories. I watch the news for entertainment. It's fun to laugh at.

Comment

Yea, Royst, Outfoxed was definitely an interesting documentary.

But nah, I don't really put much stock into the mainstream media. Obviously, Fox is the worst, but just look at what happened the last month or two:

Crazy astronaut lady in diapers gets the most coverage, then Anna Nicole Smith dies and then that's the lead story. Then Brittany goes apeshit and shaves her head, then some white bitch gets hacked up by her husband....blah blah blah.

It seems pretty clear where America has its priorities.

Comment

I don't mean to sound all superior here, but watching American news as a Finn is infuriating. Especially Fox; it's a joke here in Finland really how opinionated their broadcasts are. Not that it's funny, it's really scary, to tell you the truth. A good example is the Barack Obama news coverage. He smokes, so what? Why do you try and make such a huge deal about it in a negative way, and you don't quite even succeed at that!

My righteous message here is that Americans should do something about the country, obviously.
                    jee

Comment

Originally posted by Blood View Post
                      I don't mean to sound all superior here, but watching American news as a Finn is infuriating. Especially Fox; it's a joke here in Finland really how opinionated their broadcasts are. Not that it's funny, it's really scary, to tell you the truth. A good example is the Barack Obama news coverage. He smokes, so what? Why do you try and make such a huge deal about it in a negative way, and you don't quite even succeed at that!

My righteous message here is that Americans should do something about the country, obviously.
                      Yea some of us are with you there blood (I live in the US). This is exactly why I look up information on my own and don't just take what they say on the news to heart. It's pretty bad, how the news over exaggerates almost everything. I am to the point I don’t trust anything I hear unless I see good evidence, too many people watch certain clips on the news and feel like they know everything. Anyways, I’m rambling on… I watch CNN once and a while. Last year I got into politics, (more) and I was pretty shocked in how the news would manipulate certain situations.

1:delta> personally, i would not go to war for oil
                      1:FarScape> in age of empires you would
                      1:Freeze> LOL FAR
                      ---
                      5:waven> freeze
                      5:waven> no one talks to ease directly
                      5:waven> you state your business with sanji
                      5:waven> he will relay it to phizey
                      5:waven> phizey will relay it to me
                      5:waven> and i will talk to ease
                      5:Freeze> LOL
                      5:waven> that's how things work around here
                      --
                      1:renzi> freeze theres difference between being wasted and being a waste

Comment

That's a good attitude to have, Ice. Just like people are taught in universities. Question everything. Demand proof. Don't be naive!
                        jee

Comment

All of the News media's are biased. The news I read is usually from multiple sources and much of it is not from corporate owned such as Westinghouse, GE and other type news agencies.

Between watching news on TV between MSNBC, CNBC, C-Span, CNN, Fox and so on, there is definately a slant towards being pro this or that.

Most news that I would take seriously comes from news agencies on a world wide level, such as what worldnews.com does.

Once upon a time, news was delivered to people based upon the "News" and not a spin due to coportae ownerships political biased views.

I do like to watch MSNBC with Meet the Press, Hardball, Kieth Olberman's Countdown & Joe Scarborough's show. I think they present a better view of the news than CNN when they bring conservatives and liberals to the table. Not so much on Olbermans show though.

As for Faux news, isn't that what the Onion is for? I do not think Fox can even compete with The Onion.

There is however a news channel called the Faux News (http://www.fauxnewschannel.com/)
                          May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Comment

I love this topic! Yes, news is biased and if you watch it you get misinformed on a regular basis. It's shocking actually, it really is. They report all kinds of things as facts when they are actually opinions and are frequently based on misunderstandings of things.

Here is my little story: I'm a bit of a nerd, ok? Well, I used to read/watch the news from 4 or 5 sources, every single day. If you do that you realize a few things. First, lots of the news in each paper is the same, they all get their story from the associated press or whatever and print identical articles. Some is totally different though, the way they will cover the same event.

Anyway, if you do this, and stay really well informed, you quickly realize how damaging the news can be. People who get it from only one source will talk to you about the goings on in the world and if you actually do know what is happening you will realize how confused and misinformed they get.

Heres a neat and trivial example so I wont get some right wing guy upset at me because I tend to be biased myself. There was a young girl (teenage) who died in Canada quite a while ago now. Maybe a year. Initially it was reported that she was allergic to peanuts and had kissed her boyfriend after he had eaten something with peanuts. It turned out eventually that what really happened is she had asthma and a reaction was triggered by her smoking marijuana.

This is the kind of news story people tend to talk about. So I would get people talking to me all the time about "Oh that poor girl that died from her peanut allergy." I honestly felt like I was the only person in the world that knew she died from smoking weed. It's because they printed it as a little retraction a week later. This is the kind of you never find out if you don't pay close attention.

Anyway, if you get the news from 4 or more sources for a month you will quickly realize what I am talking about.

Also its fun to think about how the hell did they get the peanut story in the first place? They all ran with it, I assume, because it sounded reasonably possible. Which it is. But who told them? Did they just "assume" or what? How the fuck does that happen? Because what they reported and what happened were so totally different, right? I mean, it's not like someone saw a fatty hanging out of her mouth and thought it was a Snickers bar. How do the news guys, behind their little closed doors, decide what to tell us?

"Oh, this girl died from something. I dunno. Peanut allergy, or something. Get me an article ready in an hour."

The next day "Actually that girl died from asthma. What, are you serious? Oh well, whatever."

There is so much more to it though. I mean, if you read between the lines. The war in Iraq is a great example. I mean you know all the facts (finally) for the most part. How much time do the news and politicians spend really thinking hard about shit. I mean, people are willing to die just to kill 1 or 2 Westerners in the process. 99.8% of us seriously don't even have a clue why. We hear about Sept. 11 and we're like "wtf, who are these guys?" Do you really believe there isn't something deeper there?

When it came to the protests against the war in Iraq (which we now know was a mistake and based on false pretenses - Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 all along anyway, wtf, seriously?). It was really interesting to me. There were huge protests, remember? Well, it was interesting, I noticed, that after Iraq had clearly lost the war (or whatever you want to call it) the protesters really quickly packed it in. Probably because, I mean, what the hell is the point now, right? But it was interesting how the media (and as a result, the Average Joe) spun the whole thing. It was like the protesters were wrong. They weren't saying we could not beat Iraq, they were saying it was a stupid and immoral idea. That never changed. But once Iraq was defeated it was like: What were those pussies complaining about? We won! See, we were right to do it all along, otherwise it wouldn't have been so fucking easy!

Crazy, huh?

And heres something else, about the media and the politicians. Media are often just the mouth pieces of some agenda. I mean, how can you know as much as they do and not have an opinion. When you sit down to do the news you need to do it from some angle, right? I mean, especially when you want to get ratings.

But shit is always a surprise to us citizens, right? But the people with all the info (especially the military and politicians) when something goes one way or the other and it might seem like a close call or a surprise to us you really gotta wonder if they knew it all along. I mean, think of the shit they know, access to information they have... Variables that they control. Like the war in Iraq. What, no biological weapons or nukes? Seriously? We had NO IDEA! We're fucking shocked. Came all this way to get that crap. For reals. Ah well, you live ya learn.

WHOOAA! :/
                            Last edited by Spider; 03-09-2007, 04:04 PM.
                            Spider
                            Formerly EEK! A Spider!
                            Former TW Moderator, still an all around nice guy

Comment

Yeah I agree with parts of what you said spider. I also had heard about that story about the girl with allergies. Anyways, it comes down to two things, first off, I think that in general Americans and possibly other people are lazy when it comes to information. They'd rather just be fed what's what and never ask questions. What's even worse is that Americans would rather not watch the news if it was more factual, they have these crap stories about Anna Nichole Smith and the astronaut on the headlines for what? I'm just glad I'm not the only one seeing these stories on the news thinking, who gives a fuck? (I'm sure there were more important things to make Americans aware of after notifying the death of Anna Nichole Smith instead of going on and on about it for week(s)) Not everything that comes onto the news is crap it's just that the majority is, and don't get me started on sweeps week. Whatever happened to journalism? We're never going to have another Watergate, not because something similar to that won't happen but because our so called "News" is killing journalism.

Comment

Working...
                              X