epic forum rivalries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
    When I was backstabbed by a couple of fellow high leaders on RB, I had quite a few epic rivalries and arguments on the old RB squad forums, which have since been deleted, despite having the most rapid post rate out of any of the TW sub-forums. I lost about 800 posts from my post count when it was removed, but a lot of wounds were mended on all ends because of it.

I believe Kolar, shade's child, heaven, vati and perhaps some others had a couple of multi-page spars with me for a good two weeks. Fun times, but I'm glad that is all behind us
    I can't believe you think you were backstabbed. Let's see, high leaders of RB?.. At the time, You were #1, Fit #2 & WPE #3...
    I think you have a hard time stepping out of yourself. You were the voice of power on the squad. Sometimes, unnecessarily, for what seemed like the littlest of reasons, you would snap. I mean you went ballistic. Albeit, you never treated me with anything I thought I didn't deserve... and I respected you for your experience. However for guys like Kolar, Shade, Mog, Vatican & Fit, you'd drill right into them & drove them right off the squad.

We had already dissolved once & reunited because of your uncertainty with your own self. You seemed to be riding an emotional rollercoaster to which you'd vent your own frustrations on members of the squad. When you left RB, it was after you had chased those mentioned above away. From what i can remember the day you and kolar had it out, the day he left, he had just said on the squad chat that he had an offer to join another squad and turned it down. You snapped, made it a loyalty issue, and drove him off the squad. It seemed like, IMHO, that once a squad member got to a pretty decent level, like a father never satisfied with a talented son, you'd find something stupid to rag on him about. With Fit, he didn't want to be asscap anymore and you couldn't accept it, so you drove him off.

When you left the squad, it was after we were just starting to look pretty decent and then began to get a bit inactive because of your inactivity. Maybe you were on vacation, but when you managed to show up, for some reason, you snapped on a few and drove those forementioned off the squad....
    So it looked to me like you were setting us up to dissolve again. I didn't want it to dissolve. I wanted to get those guys you drove off back on the squad and I wanted you to.... and I think my PM to you was something like, "Shit or get off the pot." because I had just bought a domain name for the squad, bought a site from 'TWSites', made a webpage, etc. I had invested a lot into the squad and I didn't want to see it all for naught. I wanted you to either straighten up & step it up as a leader, or step aside. You, at the time, seemed quite content to turn it over, but I think after a couple weeks, you were kicking yourself in the ass.

In short, no one stabbed you in the back. You stabbed yourself.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do Paul -_-
    Last edited by HeavenSent; 03-14-2007, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PaulOakenfold View Post
      vs incorrectly worded question

It's more of a lawyer type question than that of physics. It's a play on words to see how many ways you can interpret it. Why didn't anyone listen to me earlier in that thread?
      Good job spreading it over two forums, now we're never getting rid of it!
      5: Da1andonly> !ban epinephrine
      5: RoboHelp> Are you nuts? You can't ban a staff member!
      5: Da1andonly> =((
      5: Epinephrine> !ban da1andonly
      5: RoboHelp> Staffer "da1andonly" has been banned for abuse.
      5: Epinephrine> oh shit

Comment

Originally posted by HeavenSent View Post
        I'm sorry you feel the way you do Paul -_-
        None of that post have changed my feelings, because a lot of that was pure dribble. I'm not going to turn this into another argument, it was what it was, and now RB is lost forever.

Comment

Comedy Troupe vs. World

Oh man, nostalgia.
          Originally posted by Tone
          It is now time for the energy shift of the 7th root race to manifest on the 3D physical plane and uplift us back to 5D.
          Originally posted by the_paul
          Gargle battery acid fuckface
          Originally posted by Material Girl
          I tried downloading a soundcard

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
            It isn't that im scared of gay people, its just that if I wanted to wait for three hours for someone to get ready, because they had to make sure every strand of hair was in the correct place, and listen to someone whining about feminine stuff, then I would atleast be getting some pussy out of it. Hanging out, or enjoying the company of a gay man just doesn't make sense, especially the extremely gay ones like seen on TV.
            It's blaringly obvious that you've never spent any significant amount of time with gay men. It's also blaringly obvious that you're a scared little white boy from the suburbs. Good luck dealing with life outside your gated community.

HAY GUYZ I HERD GAY DUDEZ EAT BABYS AND WEAR ONLY LYCRA. ALL THA TIME!
            Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nuyY9WjNpgs
              You ate some priest porridge

Comment

Originally posted by ConcreteSchlyrd View Post
                -=*<> GUY <>*=- vs. Pallies
                hahaha
                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Yeah I actually do remember it a little bit of it now. I've never left any squad on bad terms and I think Pual and Fit both ran RB pretty well. Heavensent did a decent job given the increased competition in TWD at the time and ran a pretty good website. From my experience there's always going to be fighting in any squad and keeping players on your roster is not an easy task. Even after Pual left nothing changed, if we lost a game people would bitch and whine about it for at least an hour. RB was just like that and that's why I left. Paul would just type a lot during games. These days I've given up squading with my full time job and being a SMod.
                  Last edited by Kolar; 03-15-2007, 12:27 AM.

Comment

Aw Zerz! I like your beltbuckle! :wub:

Comment

Hah Paul you now mean so little to Kolar that he can't even get your name right anymore!
                      Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

i don't remember if it was a rivalry, but the sir gaunt thing was pretty fun

childrn of light and i had a rivalry a long ass time ago about websites

and the genocidal thing, the juicier stuff actually happened in-game i think
                        jasonofabitch loves!!!!

Comment

I started once against Zeus!! but got banned one second later... (it stung!)
                          some are wise, some are otherwise

1: PolluX> People say I talk too much
                          1: Louis XV> Dude you seriously need to stfu!
                          1: Louis XV> I still love you, k?

Comment

Working...
                          X