Planet-Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Planet-Earth

Wow some of the shit they showed in like the first 3 episodes is...just wow...

http://dsc.discovery.com/convergence...arth-main.html
    sigpic
    All good things must come to an end.

yeah i really enjoyed it, and i've never been particularly fond of nature shows. couldn't watch 3 straight hours, though. i stopped after the mountains episode.

nonetheless, really fascinating.
    PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

I can understand not watching 3 straight hours, I watched the first and last episodes, missed the middle one (mountains I think). Last one, "Deep Ocean" was the one I was itching to see but it turned out to be pretty boring :turned:

Sigourney Weaver (Ripley from Aliens) is the host though, crazy stuff
      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

Hmm it's definitely a great show, I watched it last year over here in the UK. For the US release, why did they replace the narrator? What's wrong with having David Attenborough?

Also, do you get the "Planet Earth Diaries" bit on the end? It's where the camera crews describe how they went about filming, and is really interesting.
        USS Banana after years of superior jav play has amassed 17999 kills, he is 1 kill away from 18k, Type ?go Javs FOR A GAME OF HUNT (no scorereset) -Kim
        ---A few minutes later---
        9:cool koen> you scorereseted
        9:Kim> UM
        9:Kim> i didn't
        9:cool koen> hahahahahahaha
        9:ph <ZH>> LOOOOL
        9:Stargazer <ER>> WHO FUCKING SCORERESET
        9:pascone> lol?

Comment

Originally posted by Ewan View Post
          Hmm it's definitely a great show, I watched it last year over here in the UK. For the US release, why did they replace the narrator? What's wrong with having David Attenborough?

Also, do you get the "Planet Earth Diaries" bit on the end? It's where the camera crews describe how they went about filming, and is really interesting.
          same here

David Attenborough is ace, a fantastic presenter and narrator - but maybe USA being what it is they thought a big name there would pull in a bigger audience.
          In my world,
          I am King

sigpic

Comment

I think I need to get stoned and watch that on the Discovery HD channel.
            While I'm sippin herbal teas verbal bees plant fertile seeds
            Bitches leave with broke backs, swollen palms and purple knees

Comment

I heard they changed the measurements because us americans don't like the metric system too much

I guess they just decided to use a new VA since they needed to redo alot of the lines anyway

First time I heard a female document a show on the DC though, took some getting used to
              My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

i thought the ocean one was interesting, my fav so far
                Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                caco <ER>> )Oo
                caco <ER>> bot thief!
                caco <ER>> duel me for it
                Evasive <E> no!
                Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

main part of the ocean one I liked was when the great white fucked up those seals

was ridiculous

Comment

and the cool lookin creatures deep undasea.
                    imsohighrightnowomgyoudontknow
                    sigpic
                    All good things must come to an end.

Comment

DVR'd it.

Comment

The "caves" episode is well worth looking out for. Particularly, the bit about Lechuguilla cave (in the US). Unlike anything else you'll see I expect, absolutely stunning.

It's a shame they haven't used the David Attenborough narration as, even with the great pictures, it's still one of the best things about it.

Still.. despite being almost perfect, it probably did need a bit more Sigourney.. :rolleyeso

Comment

i really enjoyed the one with the birds of paradise, and the part at the end about how they made it made it all the more enjoyable to watch - knowing how difficult it was the film the birds

they were all great though. the one where they took the balloon up to film the trees made me chuckle

and yeah, without Attenborough i wouldn't have liked it as much

Comment

birds of paradise were fucking amazing, i loved them

Comment

Who cares who narrates it, it's merely the backdrop. I've heard Attenborough narrate enough things anyway.

Oh, and that's Sigourney Weaver? I had no idea. Weird choice.

The high-speed film shark attacks would probably melt your mind if you were stoned.
                              PLEASE, DON'T BE MISGUIDED...YA BITIN'. AND I'MA HAVE TA DIS YA, UNDERSTAND MISTA?

Comment

Working...
                              X