Another shooter incident at Va Tech???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
    So it turns out with the updated list I did know one of the guys who died. He was my TA for the intro engineering class I had my first semester here, and I used to talk to him around campus about how much engineering classes suck, he would always be like "nah you're gonna do fine man" :/

edit: does anyone here know people at TJ?
    My school is alot smaller than yours but I seriously can't imagine some of the people I've gone to school with over the past 4 years getting shot up on school grounds. What that asshole doesn't realize is that by mourning the victims of this, no one is trying to belittle other deaths, or any other bullshit. It was a tragedy that shouldn't have happened, this isn't a fucking pissing contest.

Idiots.
    My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• Oh HAHAHAHA what I didn't notice was "cancel our school's drama production"! He's a drama nerd pissed he can't do his play. Nothing was worse than the TJ Shakespeare people, they were so ugly, and would always make out in the hallway, blegh.
      5:gen> man
      5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• What a fag.
        Originally posted by Tone
        Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by Galleleo View Post
          You gave me a Swedish sounding last name while I am Dutch..

And the obituaries over here are something like this: On (date) (name) was taken from us at the age of (age). He was taken too soon from us, etc. etc. Then it states who the husband/wife was, the kids, grandchildren. And that's basically it mostly.

No: (name) fought in world war II saving the lives of 30 people while missing a leg. He could do it because of Jesus. Now at the age of (age) he is taken from us, during his lifetime he invented the cure for cancer and aids, and in his spare time he also solved world hunger, but none of this could he have achieved without his faith in god.
          Having imported a "american burger" (*1) as a gf and knowing quite some yanks i think americans just feel the need to get into the life of the subjects person. They feel deeply connected, and it is a honest feeling. Personally i'dd see it more like a quick "hype" because after a few more times they are done with it and want to get into the next hype.

As in "we" would rather acknoledge what they did and let that rest. No need to dig in the past and revive all the good things they have done. No need to put him on a statue all of a sudden. Seeying the sober picture of it. Yes, he did a heroic thing, but we focus more on what a tragic the event is. Giving us a wider perspective. Wouldn't the family members rather be left alone ins tead of having a camera jammed into their mouth 24/7.

The american attitude isn't such a bad attitude actually, but sometimes it's a bit overdone.

(*1)
          This always makes me laugh because "burger" means "citizen" in our language. So the immigration papers /stamp in her passport say: "american burger". Which she obviously took as an insult since she didnt know what the word meant the first time she read it. She thought the immigration office were making fun of the yanks. Those yanks and their mc donalds burgers)

Comment

• Having said that, i want to point out that i totally stand with what concrete-snitzel said:

he man sacrificed himself for the safety of his students, and that's one hell of a story to tell. And if there's anything "good" to come out of this whole debacle, why would it be a crime to highlight it?

so true.

Comment

• I think it's amazing how he survived the atrocity of the Holocaust, yet his life was taken away in a American school shooting. To outlive the mass persecution of an entire government, but sacrifice yourself to a petty college student in order to save a whole classroom. It just boggles my mind to think of what must have been going through his mind.
              Pandagirl!

(ph)>12 is just right

In the most dangerous game...warping will only prolong your defeat. ?go warpwars -Chao <ER>
              1:Chao <ER>> what the FUCK?
              1:Chao <ER>> I just adverted and no one came
              1:Chao <ER>> at all
              1:Mantra-Slider> chao
              1:Mantra-Slider> you are in the wrong arena
              Panda <ZH>> ?find chao <ER>
              Chao <ER> - hero

Comment

• Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
                Ugh this was a horrible thing to have happened.

I bet they're going to find counterstrike installed on that guy's computer or something and then they're going to blame computer games all over again.
                Sigh. Jack Thompson is at it again. What a fuckhead ambulance-chaser.
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Uc06vevb_4

Comment

• If this guy was smart, he would have pulled a fire alarm and stood outside and mowed people down as they can running out.
                  sdg

Comment

• You can't mow anyone down with two little pistols, which relates to my whole "if they'd closed schools everyone would be safer" deal.
                    5:gen> man
                    5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

• could have made a bomb and would have had an easier time placing it for maximum effectiveness though

guess he wanted to go out guns blazing, what a major faggot
                      My father in law was telling me over Thanksgiving about this amazing bartender at some bar he frequented who could shake a martini and fill it to the rim with no leftovers and he thought it was the coolest thing he'd ever seen. I then proceeded to his home bar and made four martinis in one shaker with unfamiliar glassware and a non standard shaker and did the same thing. From that moment forward I knew he had no compunction about my cock ever being in his daughter's mouth.

Comment

• Sorry for this bump BUT they aired the documentary about this incident yesterday on TV.

And please don't start with the crap like '' yeah wow 2 years after etc.'' -> don't care.

SO IMHO they could have prevented this all. Cho was a messed up boy, already in highschool he compared himself with the columbine guys.

He had problems (selective mutism), he once showed his knife to some friends and stabbed in the carpet, tried to impress the ladies but went wrong (twice). Got therapy etc. but it didnt' help him.

Alright some things doesn't sound like a big deal, you need to watch the docu to get all the facts.

So from the day a kid writes something as f'd up about comparing himself with the columbine kids, that's the moment you have to interfere.

Of course it's easy to say these things after this drama but still. Check up on your kids, watch their behaviour etc. Seems to me it's easy to spot the messed up kids.

Perhaps I should read this thread again and re-think about the things I said/wrote and I hope I don't get crap from you guys.

Thanks

Comment

• Yeah no, don't worry, I'm sure after watching something on TV you have a full grasp of the situation.

:/
                          USA WORLD CHAMPS

Comment

• lol.

yah guize! lets give syckiatrick evaluashions to all da peeple who's art has bad things innit.

still sorry for all the losses. still worried in the back of my mind about someone shooting me every time I sit down for class.
                            Last edited by Squeezer; 04-17-2009, 11:01 AM.
                            Originally posted by Tone
                            Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

• Originally posted by D1st0rt View Post
                              Yeah no, don't worry, I'm sure after watching something on TV you have a full grasp of the situation.

:/
                              Yeah I know you would post here but come on, he was ill in some way.

I know I shouldn't believe everything a documentary mentions but still.

Events like this aren't allowed to happen and I was just thinking how to prevent it.

Comment

Working...
                              X