No announcement yet.

teaching english

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lately, I've honestly been contemplating moving to Dubai City after I accumulate a little wealth and am out of college for a few years.

They gotta have police men right? Or hell, I could always get a job at Dubailand, which is supposed to hire almost 100,000 people alone.
    Originally posted by Tone
    Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Mantra-Slider View Post
      If you are interested Jerome its pretty easy to get a job as english teacher in China even if you dont have a degree. Just like Bioture said (I think?) I also have a friend who did that and now on my trip I met some australians who did the exact same thing. One of them was advertising in the papers or w/e and gave private lessons to rich kids. He said its great cos you get more money, you get to meet and hang out with the guys and their families (wich is awesome if you wanna learn more about the culture and country) and most importantly you dont need a working visa!

Im thinking of doing something like that myself for one semester after next summer but that might be because I recently got back home and wanna return so bad But yeah even my english is awesome compare to the chinese and it would be great fun!
      This actually seems like a good call, because IMO China is rapidly privatizing/industrializing, so I'd like to be there when/if an economic boom happens, and education becomes more valued.

Problem: I don't speak Chinese
      Problem: considering my, ah, slightly anti-communist views, would I be at risk for political repercussions?
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

First of all, conc, there's nothing wrong with my grammar. If your "girlfriend" doesn't think so, at least have her point out the errors. Second, I don't even try to use fancy words unlike some people here, I put whatever fits in, and sounds more eloquent.

Either way, I see what you're trying to say. Apprehension of essays by previous writers (if you would call that history) would probably help your writing, format and style wise. To a certain degree. I'm still not sure how that enhances your actual skills thou; and knowledge of history doesn't help every subject. Not the area I'm studying, for example.

By misusing (some might say "horribly abusing") words as you have above, you're showing the flaws in your own argument--without understanding of the history of words and their use, you're more prone to be misunderstood than someone who actually has even a rudimentary knowledge.

Now, at this point you either got hysterical or just plain confused with what you're writing. You're basically transcending your own argument to a point where you're implying that I learn the history of every word? Lol.,. Every single one of your sentences holds some sort of nonsense, I'd gladly reply to every one of them if I had time.

Blood, find something useful to say, other than rewording what's already been said above.. and the points in the argument which have already been phased out.
        1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.
        1:Cower> Sword
        1:Kthx> ok
        1:Cower> Axe
        1:Kthx> WAIT, YOU GOT IT
        1:Cower> ?
        1:Kthx> GET OFF THE CHAT

Comment

Originally posted by SEAL View Post
          Not really actually. "nowadays" alot of highschools throughout Europe want native english speaking teachers. And you can get tax redunded salary because you do a qualified job that inhabitants cannot do. This depends if you fit in the qualifications. Now, do some english tutoring after school (every class have parents who want that) and voila! there you go, an easy 3000 euro cash earned per month.
          Not everywhere and I won't believe they earn Bruto 3000 a month. The salary sucks.

Comment

Ward trying to "type good" is making me hold my sides with laughter. Every single complex word he tries to use is wrong.

You're basically transcending your own argument
            the points in the argument which have already been phased out
            synergic
            For someone who's impertinent to this argument to begin with
            to a pervasive degree of importance
            by an extent
            brief knowledge
            to learn something that primitive
            Last edited by Vykromond; 05-08-2007, 03:58 PM. Reason: EXAMPLES OF LULZ
            Originally posted by Ward
            OK.. ur retarded case closed

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
              First of all, conc, there's nothing wrong with my grammar. If your "girlfriend" doesn't think so, at least have her point out the errors. Second, I don't even try to use fancy words unlike some people here, I put whatever fits in, and sounds most eloquent.
              Fixed. I've never been a stickler for spelling and grammar errors, per se, but when you create an entire post defending yourself on the very topic you're criticizing others for, which happens to be strewn with punctuation errors itself, then I sorta feel the need to interject.

There should also be a period after "here."

And not to be a grammar Nazi, but you also forgot to capitalize "Conc."

Oh, and there shouldn't be two commas in the first part ("First of all Conc, instead of "First of all, conc,") of that sentence.

Then again, I've never claimed to have impeccable grammar.

edit: Just realized this is a big joke.

edit2: Just realized this isn't actually a joke at all.
              Originally posted by Tone
              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Originally posted by Jerome Scuggs View Post
                This actually seems like a good call, because IMO China is rapidly privatizing/industrializing, so I'd like to be there when/if an economic boom happens, and education becomes more valued.

Problem: I don't speak Chinese
                Problem: considering my, ah, slightly anti-communist views, would I be at risk for political repercussions?
                If you can get a job around China in a private school owned by another country (like the US), you don't need to be fluent in their vernacular.
                My sister went to South Korea to teach and the kids already knew how to speak in English and she barely knows any Korean. Same goes for her now as she is in Turkey.
                duel pasta <ER>> i can lick my asshole

Mattey> put me in corch

zidane> go kf urself pork

Comment

Originally posted by soupero View Post
                  Not everywhere and I won't believe they earn Bruto 3000 a month. The salary sucks.

netto. not bruto.

Comment

Originally posted by Vykromond View Post
                    Ward trying to "type good" is making me hold my sides with laughter. Every single complex word he tries to use is wrong.
                    LOL dude are you joking me? I really hope you aren't American.
                    1:Kthx> Hey Cower ill let you play the next game if you can name me five medieval weapons.

Comment

I am riding the laughter train and the next stop is your house, broseph.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ward View Post
                          :wub:

Comment

maybe i can give you something else completely random to put in ur sig? lol tool

Comment

Well no, you've done quite enough already- when I get bored of this one I'll just switch to "you're totally impertinent to this argument" or something.

Comment

it's synergetic!
                                The only TWO TIME TWLJ All-Star and TWLB All-Star who never played a game.

Originally posted by Richard Creager
                                All space detectives come armed with tcp/ip persona blasting pistols, it's required for their line of duty. Silly of both maisoul and goddess to not know this before hand, they get what they deserved, fucking zapped, bitches.

Comment

Working...
                                X