Netflix?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix?

Good idea? Do you use it? Thinking about buying a subscription over cable service. Read the following link and got a little discouraged, so I would love to hear if anyone uses it and what you think:

http://www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm

Cheers.
    Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
    i just wish it was longer
    Originally posted by Cops
    it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Blockbusters online service have blown Netflix out of the water.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

I use Blockbuster too... the whole "taking movies back to the store and getting a new one" rules, assuming you live close to one.
      Music and medicine, I'm living in a place where they overlap.

Comment

omg CYLOR didn't u die at the end of episode 23?!?//!!!?!11one!!elevnty!1questionmark
        1: hed> does aquatiq go to your school
        1: oar> yeah
        1: hed> go talk to her and be like "baby, lemme get those digits"
        1: hed> and after dinner
        1: hed> "howbout you unban apt"

7: flared> so me and my friends talked shit back to him
        7: flared> THEN we find out he's in the crips

3: oar> do you like strawberry shortcake?
        3: Nimesh> my sis does
        3: oar> http://www.urbandictionary.com/defin...erry+shortcake

Comment

Word, gracias amigos.
          Originally posted by Vatican Assassin
          i just wish it was longer
          Originally posted by Cops
          it could have happened in the middle of a park at 2'oclock in the afternoon while your parents were at work and I followed you around all afternoon.

Comment

I always try to find a local video rental place. They've always got more reasonable terms, and it just bugs me to give my money to a monolith like Blockbuster.
            The pleasure's all mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucon View Post
              I always try to find a local video rental place. They've always got more reasonable terms, and it just bugs me to give my money to a monolith like Blockbuster.
              Hah, last time I ended up with a local video rental place they charged $5 for every day you were late. Accidentally forget to take a movie back for a week, and you're charged $35.

And besides, unless you're watching a bunch of indepenent movies there's every chance most of your money is going to a bunch of monoliths. Difference is Blockbuster has been doing more and more to improve things for you (no late fees, drop in movies at the store and pick a new one up, free game rentals) whereas the movie industry does everything it can to squeeze as much money out of us as possible (nth re-release of a movie with some extras, different anti-pirating techniques, squashing distribution technologies it can't regulate).

I feel bad for Netflix. We kept our account open with them for a while even though we'd even stopped sending their movies back. As soon as Blockbuster came into the online market they should have tried buying out Hollywood video or something like that.

If you want to be the leader of the pack you have to keep yourself ahead. Netflix failed to do that. Viewing films online is a fun idea, but is nothing like being able to provide a physical location for dropping off and renting movies.
              gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
              gravy_: Electric granny chariots
              gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

my dad uses netflix i think because he's into independent films and netflix has a larger selection of those than blockbuster

Comment

Originally posted by Cylor View Post
                  Good idea? Do you use it? Thinking about buying a subscription over cable service. Read the following link and got a little discouraged, so I would love to hear if anyone uses it and what you think:

http://www.manuelsweb.com/netflix.htm

Cheers.
                  I was a Netflix customer for about 6-9 months a couple years ago. Everything that guy said is correct for both the pros and cons---except about "most of the videos being unplayable". I only had like...1-2 ever that were unplayable, but that was when Netflix was relatively new.

The most frustrating thing about the service was their algorithm that favors AGAINST frequent renters. It sucks. Use the Blockbuster service. Its supposedly better.

Comment

Working...
                  X