all you stoners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• all you stoners

so..i smoke recreationally, and i've been picking up a little on slang and such. merch, slag, what have you. but i need somebody to give me a breakdown on the terminology involving the quality of the product, and what a reasonable price is for said qualities in various quantities.

i'm sure that doesnt make sense. but just yeah..somebody give me a breakdown so i dont get taken advantage of during future purchases.

This thread is going to straddle TW forum policy wearing nothing but a huge smile
    Originally posted by Facetious
    edit: (Money just PMed me his address so I can go to Houston and fight him)

Comment

I like that line Zues.

Up here in Canada, 10 bucks a gram, 40-50 a quarter (7 grams) 85-90 a half ounce (14 grams) and anywhere from 155-170 an ounce is what I get it at regularly. You should try saving your stems for tea, if your a tea drinker, very tasty. I've been trying to convince Verm to try some for years.

I only buy indoor, and of a good level quality. So you could get outdoor or Hydro cheaper maybe. Really great stuff might be a bit more expensive. Truth be told, I don't smoke nearly as much as I used to.
      7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
      7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
      7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
      7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
      1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

if by TW policy you mean your mother...:fear:

Comment

so if i'm paying $20 for a quarter its going to be low grade..?

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
            that depends, where do you live? Is it outdoor, indoor? If it's outdoor, it'll be dry, more stems and leaf. usually darker greens. Good stuff, you'll have little to no stems and leaf. It usually starts out a bit wetter (but watch that it isnt too wet, adds weight) look for orange/red/yellow hairs, thats good too. and of course, if you can see the crystal on it thats great as well.

Just remember that thc crystals are clear, cocaine is more opaque in comparision. some people like to shake it up into coco puffs.
            7:Knockers> how'd you do it Paul?
            7:Knockers> sex? money? power?
            7:PaulOakenfold> *puts on sunglasses* *flies away*

1:vys> I EVEN TOLD MY MUM I WON A PIZZA

7:Knockers> the suns not yellow, its chicken
            7:Salu> that's drug addict talk if i ever saw it

1:chuckle> im tired of seeing people get killed and other people just watching simply saying "MURDER. RACISM. BAD"
            1:chuckle> ive watched the video twice now

Comment

It really depends on what you are buying, for some mid grade schwag you should like Cap said, look for lots of hairs, be they orange, yellow or red, the different colors actually matter as far as how the smoking experience will be, IE a good head high and low physical high, or an extremely physical high. You need to know if the bud was shipped from out of America also, if it was than it is probaly compressed alot for shipment meaning that the bag might look skimpy but break out into a decent sized sack. Look at the color of the green.. Lighter green is generally fresher tasting although this doesn't really affect the high very much, although bright lime with lots of red hair would be of course the ever famous Christmas Bud. But 20 isn't bad for a Quarter, you can usually get an OZ cheaper though for maybe 40-50 of some decent stuff. I would suggest getting a name brand hydro through, some Shoreline for instance which is a mixed strain between Northern Lights and Medical Grade marijuana for an intense physical and mental high. I mean, honestly for a novice smoker like you pretty much.. no matter what you buy will get you high, and if you get ripped a gram or two you probaly won't ever know. The rest you will just learn from dealing with it over the course of many years like I myself did. If you want to learn more you should check out some websites and read about it like www.normal.org and whatnot. But, I can't smoke anymore because of my job so... meh good memories.
              Rabble Rabble Rabble

Comment

Names, as far as I can tell, are meaningless unless you trust the dealer and know that the dealer knows the grower through one or two degrees of separation. Given that you want this information for fear of being ripped off, this is probably not the case.

First off, 20 dollars for a quarter of anything is a good deal. Of course, it might be a good deal on weed so bad you wouldn't really want to smoke it, but still.

One thing I've noticed is people are NOT on the same page with pricing, quality, etc. Given that you're in Michigan, I bet you can get much better shit for much better prices than I can. Still, the stuff I consider "good quality" I'd still be surprised if most people could get an ounce of it for 60 bucks in Texas like kthx claims. Maybe he can get that, but there's nowhere I've been where I've seen prices anything close to that, so I wouldn't expect it. Maybe Texas weed is cheap but shitty due to proximity to Mexico, I don't know. From my experience (and I KNOW I've been getting ripped off my whole life) here in the DC area and in New Orleans, standard price for an eighth was 50. If you were friends with the dealer you could get it for 30-35 sometimes. Eh, basically, there's no point in discussing this. If you're getting what you feel is adequately stoned for the money, who cares? The more people you meet, the more you'll be able to gauge the value you're getting. Trying to explain the quality of the stuff I get versus the price, and then comparing that to where you live, where the market is completely different is damn close to useless. Still, I maintain the name thing, when it comes to different strains - completely meaningless for the most part.
                5:gen> man
                5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

you really shouldn't be asking for prices on TWForums. For an ounce here, it's $60, and for an ounce in Goergia it's $300 (my best friend went there for college)

But there's also quality, Shreveport's not known for it's awesome product, Georgia apparently is
                  NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

well, the only people i buy from are people i trust pretty well. The only reason i created this was because up until recently i never really felt the urge to have my own supply. i was able to smoke socially with friends on occasion and be content. now that i'm gaining interest, i'm being exposed to the rather large sub-culture that i wasn't aware of until this point. I guess it really isnt that big of a deal, i just was curious as to an insiders look. i'd be better off wikipedia'ing it anywho

Comment

Originally posted by kthx View Post
                      IE a good head high and low physical high, or an extremely physical high.
                      Weird, I just noticed there was a difference when I got my last half-ounce. Lately, my highs have been taking me more mental and less physical.

EDIT: Oh yes, and face brings up a point- prices are never gonna get you anywhere. Unless you know a guy who knows what things are named, you might have trouble. Like I said, my Georgia friend's idea of "shwag" and "dank" are completely different than my own, so are "dub sacks" and "ounces"

But then again, I haven't paid for anything like that in a year. I always have it $$
                      Last edited by Jerome Scuggs; 06-08-2007, 09:13 PM.
                      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

What's Seattle like compared to the rest of the US?
                        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
                        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
                        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

i have this friend who does tons of drugs and knows all the terms and lingo and thinks nothing of it. she uses them in every sentence. there was a running joke last summer that every story she told included the phrase "and then we took a blunt to the face."
                          Ripper>cant pee with a hard on
                          apt>yes u can wtf
                          apt>you need to clear the pipes after a nice masturbation
                          apt>i just put myself in a wierd position
                          apt>so i dont miss the toilet
                          Ripper>but after u masterbaition it usually goes down
                          apt>na
                          apt>ill show you pictures
                          apt>next time I masturbate

Comment

In Norway there is usually no weed at all, only hash.

I've been hitting the ganja for a some years now, and there's only been a handful of times we've gotten any grass at all.

I've gotten some awesome hash at times, which we pay around 15-25$ for 1 gram. 1 gram is enough for 3-4 to get pretty stoned with average quality hash.

Most important thing of recognizing good hash is to touch the surface to make sure it's sticky. On decent quality hash you are supposed to have it sticking a bit to your finger, with good quality hash it almost gets stuck!
                            If it's bone dry, then reconsider, because it's very likely to be laced with some bad shit.

Softness is also an issue, very soft hash is almost always good, try to get it as soft as possible.

There's much more to it, but it's almost 10am, and I drank last night, so I'll just answer if there's any specific question about hash.
                            Da1andonly> man this youghurt only made me angry

5:ph> n0ah will dangle from a helicopter ladder and just reduce the landscape to ashes by sweeping his beard across it

Comment

Originally posted by Scurvy View Post
                              20 bucks for a quarter!!!!!

uhhhh no. A quarter is about 80 bucks for about a 6.8-7.0
                              Originally posted by Tone
                              Women who smoke cigarettes are sexy, not repulsive. It depends on the number smoked. less is better

Comment

Working...
                              X