Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calsberg and Heineken to split Scottish & Newcastle's brands

British brewer agrees to $15.3 billion takeover

Brewers Carlsberg and Heineken will buy beermaker Scottish & Newcastle for $15.3 billion, the companies said Friday.
    Scottish & Newcastle PLC, which rejected two earlier bids, agreed to an all-cash offer of 800 pence ($15.68) per share.
    Does this mean that if I buy a case of this imported into the states it will most likely be skunked like Heineken always is?

Somewhat amazed at the buyout, but in noting it was a cash deal, who in the rite mind would have said NO!

In reading this today, I was also reading that there is a shortage of Hops of which is supposed to be pushing the costs of various beers through the roof this spring/summer. Seems that the big companies purchased up as much as they could so the micro-brews and small beer companies would get screwed. I can't stand Miller or Budweiser products either.
    May your shit come to life and kiss you on the face.

Won't really matter. Bud doesn't contain hops. It contains a corn syrup derivative.
    gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
    gravy_: Electric granny chariots
    gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Originally posted by GuruMeditation View Post
      Won't really matter. Bud doesn't contain hops. It contains a corn syrup derivative.
      I thought Bud contained Urine over the corn syrup?

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
        I thought Bud contained Urine over the corn syrup?
        I doubt it. I've heard that in dire situations people are willing to drink their own urine. I don't know of any circumstance under which Bud becomes drinkable.
        gravy_: They should do great gran tourismo
        gravy_: Electric granny chariots
        gravy_: round the nurburgring

XBL: VodkaSurprise

Comment

Personally, I am an IPA guy and prefer Indica IPA made by the Lost Coast Brewing Co., either an IPA, or a Stoudt, Trappist Ale, Barleywine depending on the season & of course a good flavored Meade. Worse case scenario....uhg...and worst case it would have to be....Rolling Rock or Yngling Lager..but never would I consume Bud or and Miller products.

Comment

I drink anything.

Comment

Originally posted by 404 Not Found View Post
              Does this mean that if I buy a case of this imported into the states it will most likely be skunked like Heineken always is?
              Ha that's the exact question I was going to ask.

From what I understand, the hops shortage isn't going to affect prices too too much, at worst maybe a dollar a six-pack for a good microbrew. If you can afford a good microbrew in the first place, a dollar shouldn't make that much of a difference.
              5:gen> man
              5:gen> i didn't know shade's child fucked bluednady

Comment

There's a place near me who import beers from Belgium, and I have to say the difference between UK and Belgian brewed Stella Artois is phenominal, the Belgian stuff is so much nicer. The difference is that they pack chemicals into the UK stuff, which can make you angry/hyper and obviously makes it taste like piss.

On a side note; Fuck Budweiser.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Peanuts View Post
                  There's a place near me who import beers from Belgium, and I have to say the difference between UK and Belgian brewed Stella Artois is phenominal, the Belgian stuff is so much nicer. The difference is that they pack chemicals into the UK stuff, which can make you angry/hyper and obviously makes it taste like piss.

On a side note; Fuck Budweiser.
                  Stella is my favorite beer ever, by a longshot. i dont think ive ever tried the UK version either. ill have to look for it since i dont believe theres any way to really screw up stella...unless you mix it with bud or something stupid like that
                  Ill-timed force will be ineffective; act with precision; timing is everything. Knowing where and when to strike is more important than strength; misapplied ability is disability. Unreasonable or undue force will defeat itself

1:money> lWTF I ASKED FOR BUTT SECKS AND U DIDNT GIVE ME THAT.
                  1:money> i need a loose-meat butthole

Evasive <E> wtf
                  Evasive <E> GIMME MY BOT
                  caco <ER>> )Oo
                  caco <ER>> bot thief!
                  caco <ER>> duel me for it
                  Evasive <E> no!
                  Cigarettes> wunderbar?

Comment

i've been to a few beer festivals with real ale from small breweries and some bigger ones

to be honest i've no idea what is what as ive never heard of any of them, some of them were rank , some were lovely. but all in all the more you drank the better they all got

i like imported heiniken though, it used to be bad (not proper heiniken but uk brewed) but now it's improved, its not great but i'd drink it.

don't like miller or bud though

there is a pub that has this beer on tap
                    http://www.erdinger.de/biere/con_bie...ten_dunkel.php
                    i think it's really nice
                    In my world,
                    I am King

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by genocidal View Post
                      I drink anything.
                      urine sane

Comment