No announcement yet.

is it true in canada

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We also have French fries at Taco Bell up here.
    Epinephrine's History of Trench Wars:
    www.geocities.com/epinephrine.rm

My anime blog:
    www.animeslice.com

Comment

Originally posted by Epinephrine View Post
      We also have French fries at Taco Bell up here.
      if Bush ever found out he'd probably nuke you
      NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

He wishes he could nuke someone. He can't even eat a pretzel right.
        'vet' is the new 'newb'.
        sit ez vet, sit.

Comment

Originally posted by Louis XV View Post
          He wishes he could nuke someone. He can't even eat a pretzel right.
          I'm glad people haven't forgotten that classic moment in bush history
          NOSTALGIA IN THE WORST FASHION

internet de la jerome

because the internet | hazardous

Comment

Our Burger Kings have poutines.

I asked for one once at like a Miami airport Burger King and the dude looked so confused and went and got like a manager without even saying anything and then the manager looked really confused. Finally I realized I was not in Canada, and I got regular fries instead.

It's probably for the best Americans don't have poutines. *snicker*
            carpe diem

Comment

in the maritimes i hear that they have mclobsters.
              Originally posted by turmio
              jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
              Originally posted by grand
              I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

Originally posted by Hakaku View Post
                I don't know, as far as I know in Canada, all pop has caffeine in it (although I'm not too sure about Gingerale brands), including Coca Cola, Pepsi, rootbear, mountain dew, 7up, orange crush, etc. etc. The only time pop drinks don't is when they're Diet drinks (and labelled caffeine-free). Although diet drinks are no better than regular drinks, as they can both cause cancer in the long run (and diet has aspartame, which is related to MSG)

Not that I really care.
                Congratulations on the most rubbish post (apart from a few from geio and soul survivor and the like) I've seen in a couple of days.
                Although Canada might be weird in a lot of ways, 7up does not contain caffeine, other kinds of lemonade also do not.
                And I have no clue which of your vegan friends or lifestyle magazines told you soft drinks cause cancer, but you would be sorely mistaken about any kind of evidence, or the government would have banned those drinks long ago.
                Aspartame is one of the longest and best investigated food additives, and you can rest assured it is safer than the hippy food your mother buys at the organic market. Furthermore, any type of protein will also release aspartic and glutamic acid over time, that's how our digestive system works.
                Any studies showing compounds may or may not cause cancer in rats is done with rats that were force fed insane amounts of the stuff, and it has been shown quite some rats in the control group develop cancer on their own as well. FCOL, baking a potato gives rise to more cancer causing compounds than aspartame consumption ever will.
                So indeed, you just don't know.
                "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

I wouldnt be that sure on the whole Aspartam issue, weve been doing some "independant" studies on it at school, and id class it as much of a healt risk as say formaldehyde.

ive read studies where they fed aspartam to rats in a controlled environment, the outcome of which was that they developed cavities within their brains, fun stuff

also, ive found quite a few medical reports of kids/teens who have ingested large amounts of aspartam through sodas (one case was a 16 year old who drank on average 4l of coke a day), he suffered from kidney failure, as well as neurological damage and lost some of his basic motor skills.

Granted, aspartam probably isnt the "only" cause, taken in moderation, id say its probably no less healthy than anything else, but i wouldnt go far enough to say that its healthy.
                  Displaced> I get pussy every day
                  Displaced> I'm rich
                  Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                  Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                  Thors> prolly
                  Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post
                    I wouldnt be that sure on the whole Aspartam issue, weve been doing some "independant" studies on it at school, and id class it as much of a healt risk as say formaldehyde.

ive read studies where they fed aspartam to rats in a controlled environment, the outcome of which was that they developed cavities within their brains, fun stuff
                    One of my teachers was talking about this last week where they fed rats aspartame and they developed cancer and died. She also mentioned that they fed the rats an incredible amount of aspartame, which for a human to match would be quite hard.
                    it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Displaced View Post

also, ive found quite a few medical reports of kids/teens who have ingested large amounts of aspartam through sodas (one case was a 16 year old who drank on average 4l of coke a day), he suffered from kidney failure, as well as neurological damage and lost some of his basic motor skills.

Granted, aspartam probably isnt the "only" cause, taken in moderation, id say its probably no less healthy than anything else, but i wouldnt go far enough to say that its healthy.
                      Everything is a poison when the dose is high enough indeed, in the case of the 4l of coke a day I can imagine your kidney getting ruined anyway from the sheer amount of liquid it has to process, together with the fact caffeine is a diuretic. Getting that much phosphoric acid is likely to do nasty stuff to your Calcium levels as well (needed for your CNS), coupled with the fact that someone who lives like that has no additional calcium intake either. I would say that any aspartam damage (if he only drank diet coke anyway) would be pretty much secundary.

I also wouldn't say aspartame would be a viable addiction to anyone's diet, but I get so sick of all the people nowadays that claim additives and microwavable meals causes cancer when said people toast bread, eat chips and in some cases even smoke. They always seem to refer to "scientific studies" that they have never read, and the newspapers that gave a mediocre summary of them usually took everything out of perspective. The fact is that all food additives classified as E-numbers in the EU are constantly being monitored and have been through quite some safety studies suggest they are probably the least you have to worry about.

Ok, did some reading, and yes, some methanol is formed as a metabolite as well which in theory would be almost as bad as formaldehyde, yet methanol is present in a lot of foodstuffs in small amounts. (Also in our own metabolism)
                      Last edited by Singularity; 02-03-2008, 01:30 PM.
                      "... I have promises to keep, And miles to go before I sleep." -R. Frost

Comment

the aspartame after-taste is shit, too.
                        Originally posted by turmio
                        jeenyuss seemingly without reason if he didn't have clean flours in his bag.
                        Originally posted by grand
                        I've been afk eating an apple and watching the late night news...

Comment

no i agree that aspartam isnt the root cause of everything, far from it.

infact, if you smoke, i wouldnt care what you eat/drink whatever, the cigs do far more damage than anything else ever will

good thing that then, i can enjoy whatever i want B)
                          Displaced> I get pussy every day
                          Displaced> I'm rich
                          Displaced> I drive a ferrari lol
                          Displaced> ur a faggot with no money
                          Thors> prolly
                          Thors> but the pussy is HAIRY!

best comeback ever

Comment

Originally posted by Jeenyuss View Post
                            the aspartame after-taste is shit, too.
                            that alone is enough reason to just drink Juice.

Originally posted by Singularity View Post
                            Everything is a poison when the dose is high enough indeed, in the case of the 4l of coke a day I can imagine your kidney getting ruined anyway from the sheer amount of liquid it has to process, together with the fact caffeine is a diuretic.
                            Yeah, it really depends on the amount that you take. If you drink 4L of diet coke and you end up ruining your kidneys or getting cancer then don't be surprised. Diet drinks are the biggest fallacy out there, if they have sodium in them it can be twice as hard to lose weight.
                            it makes me sick when i think of it, all my heroes could not live with it so i hope you rest in peace cause with us you never did

Comment

Originally posted by Cops View Post
                              that alone is enough reason to just drink Juice.

Yeah, it really depends on the amount that you take. If you drink 4L of diet coke and you end up ruining your kidneys or getting cancer then don't be surprised. Diet drinks are the biggest fallacy out there, if they have sodium in them it can be twice as hard to lose weight.
                              coke zero or something has like no sodium... i duno if its that one but one of them are like that, good for diabetics or w/e which i have family that are diabetic

anyways lets be honest here, very very few people can drink 4L of coke a day for one, and two diet coke tastes like shit, so how does anyone drink that garbage anyway?
                              RaCka> imagine standing out as a retard on subspace
                              RaCka> mad impressive

Comment

Coke is awesome. Thanks
                                Maybe God was the first suicide bomber and the Big Bang was his moment of Glory.

Comment

Working...
                                X